Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: techno sound

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by nova
    yeah man. dont worry i'll still hav my own way of thinking when i get on my kit. somtimes to much so and get lazy! and not tri out anoth. all good info. gotta tri more for me and bring the sound out. like eqing good to get nic sound and more pro sounding
    Nova, you should find some friends into making techno and try working with them on some stuff. It's great seeing how other people work and you can learn alot that way, trade ideas/tricks/etc.

Ever seen the old skool 'stutter' effect of using the main volume control MIDI data in your sequencer? (Actually on the topic of reverb, I wonder if I could do that with my MidiVerb...)

Or the cheap n cheerful phaser effect by triggering the same sample twice at almost the same time?
    202, 606, Alpha Juno, SIDstation, Freebass hed.

Supreme Freak

hi man, old skool stutter effect na aint hear of that sounds goods. can you explain wot your doing with the stutter. like wot it does. hey man wots the midiverb. heard of them alesis reverbs them little units. you guys using them?. yeah man need more friends into making music. living in little town thers only a couple of us making tech.

Supreme Freak

hey acidmutant, wots the cheap and cheerful phaser effect?. hey man you sound like you got some good tricks up your sleve. haha.
    ive been messing with making techno for a few years now. kind of been teaching myself. had different bits of kit over the years. started on a mc303 with su10 sampler. then ended up getting rid of those and got a yamaha remix and a akai s3000. and got more synths. then needed a better sequencer to midi it all. so i got a macg4 powerbook with amt8 midi. so i had enoth midi ports for it all. but since changing to the mac and logic been having probs getting logic working right. so yeah dude need to hav more friends making tech. thats funny how you could tell by wot i was righting. olny recently got on the internet aswell but has helped loads. yeah man i need to collaberate with peeps

Supreme Freak

hey guys, logic hasnt got a reverb with chorus. or it might hav but its on the one you hav to buy emagic space reverb i think it is. wot reverb plugins are you all using?.

Supreme Freak

come guys dont dri up on me now :lol: . geezers claps nic reverb on them. also he has some perc'e sort of sounds with reverb on them that stand out. the reverb does sound technical. is this the chorus reverb on the perc. sounds wicked. right im not sure if im all that kean on the reverbs i got with logic. and has no reverb with chorus. anyone kno of any good fx bundles i can get for osx audio units. i take tc are good?. acidmutant could explain them two tricks you mentioned dude. more so the sutter. i like little trick'e bits in the tunes. cool.

Junior Freak

hey guys, logic hasnt got a reverb with chorus. or it might hav but its on the one you hav to buy emagic space reverb i think it is. wot reverb plugins are you all using?.
    use reverb as a send effect instead of an insert (not sure how to do this in logic). this way you can alter the verb sound without effecting the original signal....

Supreme Freak

yeah man. wot like send it to a bus where i hav reverb on a insert. that way i just turn the send up on that channel. is that wot you mean. cheers

Junior Freak

to chorus a reverb in logic you could send the original sound to a bus that has reverb on an insert and also has chorus on the next insert down
    suck my tiny brain

Junior Freak

acidmutant could explain them two tricks you mentioned dude. more so the sutter. i like little trick'e bits in the tunes. cool.
    Sorry for the delay...

To do a stutter you need to find the control parameter on the MIDI track in your sequencer called MAIN VOLUME (number 7) - it should be in the note editor bit, sort of where you edit velocities. If your on Cubase there's a drop down selector.

Then using the edit tools draw full volume all the way across but where you want a stutter drop the volume to zero for say a 16th or a 32nd then back up to full volume (it helps if your editor allows you to quantise this data).

For the cheap phaser - use your sampler and have the same patch setup on 2 seperate MIDI channels, then play the same note data over both MIDI channels. As there's going to be a slight delay (due to the data being serial down the wire) then the 2 samples will be played slightly out of phase. You can control the sound a bit more by delaying the start of one of the note blocks (you go to where it says start time and slowly increase the time to get different phasing amounts).
    202, 606, Alpha Juno, SIDstation, Freebass hed.

Supreme Freak

cheers thanks acid mutant. i'll hav a blast at them two. im on logic man. quite simler to cubase. so i should be able to quantize the stutter. got hyper editor on logic with velocities volumes and things. so i'll hav a go at it man. thanks again dude

Supreme Freak

yeah man was tring that. reverb and a chorus plugins. so that works the same then as having chorus on the reverb plungin. checked the manaul for logic about sending effects and thats right just gotta set the effects on the busses like metta said. when you guys are eq'n wot time in the track do you start. like as you go. or when you got most the sounds down and playing how you want it?. and are you eq'n from a mixing desk or from channel eq plunins?.

Supreme Freak

acidmutant wot ya applying the stutter to? kick etc

Junior Freak

eqin from start to finish like a mutha****a, mutha****a !

the most important tool for shaping of sound, in my ears !!!

use it to mutate a sound when creating raw sounds from scratch, use it to get the sounds to mix together well all the way thru the track creation process

:love:
    suck my tiny brain

Supreme Freak

ha mutha****a :lol:. wot you using for eq'n mixing desk or vst channel eq's?. wot sort of makes you using. i got a mackie 1402 for inputing my hardware. but abit confused on which to be eq'n with. coz for like the mixing desk would hav all different eq's for different tracks. and if playing live you wouldnt hav time to change the different eq settings so been thinking that probaly be easyer with the vst eq's. but then to be able to use them the hardware would hav to be recorded to audio anyway so could eq with the mackie. must be aso hard playing live. cheers dude

Supreme Freak

hey meta, had alook on your website. hope you dont mind. had a listen to your techno. smart. is that stuff you've maid?. i like the snares you guys put in. like on the 8th bar or 16th bar. love them snares. sound so clean. i can never get my snares like that. do you put a touch of verb on them snares. and eq it realy well? ;)

Junior Freak

i lurrve offbeat snares so much :love: :love:

Supreme Freak

909 snare with distortion?. dunno i can never get it like that :love:

Supreme Freak

:lol:

Supreme Freak

everyones :love: up! on the snares :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

try a large amount of good quality snares (like from the techno trance essentials sample cd) until you find one that suits your track.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast