Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FAVE DJ MIXERS

Junior Freak

deegregg........

how much did you pay for you vestax if you dont mind me asking? it looks like a beast of a mixer, will it take something like a pioneer EFX500??
    nice 1

karl

Junior Freak

Ive just bought a Pioneer DJM600s And am really happy with it the effects are easy to use :D :D

Supreme Freak

anyone catch the UMX-9 by gemini?
    I havbe one of these linked to a kaoss pad 2, wicked combination of minter effects and amazing faders on the mixer.
    They are as good if not better than vestax vca's, cause they are vca's but gold plated.!!!!!!
    They dont make them anymore,
    Want a pmc-07 or a tascam x9
    minted
    cas

Junior Freak

All the top mixers are listed here (A&H for sound quality - Pioneer for their club use - Tascam for the crazy digital technology - Vestax for their price and faders).....

But where is the mention of Rane..? The Rane Empath to be precise!!

I've had the same Vestax for about 5 / 6 years.. never again will I buy one unless they can change my mind with something special... A&H don't make a mixer for multi decks and scratching / cutting that I've seen... Tascam has major bugs with the digital system and needs a chip to be fitted by the user so the eq doesn't have a delay, etc... Pioneer isn't really good for scratching with it's cheap faders, I don't like the eq's and the efx are used by every second dj to the point of overkill, I find it cluttered too...

But the Rane Empath looks tasty! Anyone used one...? :roll:

Ultimate Freak

Alen & Heath Xone 64! through and through!
    Easily the best mixer I have ever used, those filters are addictive! :lol:

Country Club mixer innit Mark :D

Junior Freak

Im buying the Vestax PCV175 in a few weeks, lovely mixer, but i have to agree with Hakka, the kill switches do make that awful *click* sound.
    my mate has just bought the Allen&Heath Xone64 and he says its the best mixer he has ever used, he used to have the VestaxPMC05pro2 and i love that mixer too, its so smooth and easy to use.

Has anyone seen the Allen&Heath XoneV6? looks scary, like an old radio they would use in world war 2 or something!
    :::Full on....Flat out:::

www.twistedaudiouk.bravehost.com

Junior Freak

Had Pioneer DJM500 for about 3 years now, never let me down, spot on. Sound quality is fine I reckon, comparable to A & H. Yeh, the effects unit is a cliche now but I think you can be clever with it and do a few tricks no-one has heard of before if you've got loads of time to practice.

However, I did have a play with the A & H Xone 64 (I think) and these are the daddy indeed of DJ mixers, those filters kick serious arse.

I've gotta get myself one of these babies as soon as I get a lump of cash...

Junior Freak

Ive got the tascam x9 mixer. One niggle with it is the bass mid ect ect pots have a delay on them when you turn them which is a right bitch sometimes. Methodixx mentioned about a chip upgrade to elimiate this, does anyone know where to get hold of the chip or who can mod them ??
    If I could eliminate the delay on this mixer it would make it almost perfect as the other effects on it are amazing once you learn how to use it !

BOA Newbie

yeah my mate has that A+H mixer and it blew me away when i first used it - the filter is awesome for "morphing" between tracks, you can lowpass one track out whilst fading the next in, raising the filter to create a cool transition on tracks, some cool effects can be had by cutting the filter in in time with the track too......a wicked mixer but a bitch when the gig i played after playing on it was a 2 channel "made 2 fade" type jobby!!

BOA Lifetime Member

Little trick with the Allen & Heath U guys might already know... but here goes nothing...

Choose High Pass Filter leave it at 20Hz (almost not cutting at all)... now boost the resonance... It must b the phatest n sweetest bass I've ever heard in me life!! :)

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

I got a 600.... i like it, its a good general, allround, can do everything kinda mixer. The sound output is not in the same league as the allen and heath tho.

Also with the a&h the filters are more my kinda style.
    www.clubabsolute.co.uk

Absolute with Alex Kidd & Paul Webster - 18th April
    Absolute with Stoneface & Terminal & Bryan Kearney - 16th May
    Anjunabeats 100 tour - Above and Beyond, Jaytech & Myself - 24th May
    Gatecrasher Edinburgh - 25th May

Junior Freak

djm600...

you will find it in almost every club ore event... stick with this one and i will not have to learn how to deal with a new mixer every gig!!! hehehehe

Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    The Allen and Heath Zone 64 (I think that's the name - the one with about 6 channels and the filter). I bought it about 6 months ago... It's totally changed my style of mixing...

And the build quality is unbelivable...

This is without doubt the best mixer I've used in 20 years of DJing... shame it hasn't got the effect that the Pioneer DJ M-600 has got (but to be honest, I reckon they've become cliche anyway)..

<i>Edited by: markeg3000 at: 10/28/02 3:50:41 am
    </i>

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    The Allen and Heath Zone 64 (I think that's the name - the one with about 6 channels and the filter). I bought it about 6 months ago... It's totally changed my style of mixing...

And the build quality is unbelivable...

This is without doubt the best mixer I've used in 20 years of DJing... shame it hasn't got the effect that the Pioneer DJ M-600 has got (but to be honest, I reckon they've become cliche anyway)..

<i>Edited by: markeg3000 at: 10/28/02 3:50:41 am
    </i>
    These are popping up in loadsa clubs. The faders are brilliant and the filters are cool. One thing I dont like tho is the x-fader curve. It aint sharp enough. That is what makes me think that the pioneer is better.
    Personally I have a Vestax PMC 05pro mkII. Nice and simple.
    Who needs FX?
    Binary \'The Hardest Trance\'
    www.binarymanchester.com

Junior Freak

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by djcorbzy
    you can change the x-fade curve.....
    Yeah I know but only with that little button and it still aint sharp enough for me...I like to scratch you see...
    Binary \'The Hardest Trance\'
    www.binarymanchester.com

Keepin' it Unreal

Quote Originally Posted by djcorbzy
    scratch :roll:
    Nothing wrong with scratching mate! Ive got an Ecler Hak 320, and i tell you, these mixers are the bomb!

BOA Lifetime Member

its ok if you can scratch properly and you dont overkill it, but i dont think trance is the right genre of music for scratching...

what you reckon?

Ultimate Freak

amen corbz!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast