Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FAVE DJ MIXERS

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by djcorbzy
    its ok if you can scratch properly and you dont overkill it, but i dont think trance is the right genre of music for scratching...

what you reckon?
    I play hardstyle.rance and Gabba..to which I will scratch....It sounds ok in small doses with trance..
    Binary \'The Hardest Trance\'
    www.binarymanchester.com

Supreme Freak

the filters on the a+h have completely revolutionised the way loads of people mix nowadays, why use the eq's when you can use two vcf's to blend your tunes together? Jon 'OO' is a wicked example, you just cant here him mix the tracks together now he uses an a+h..... listen to his white label CD's...

Also bout the X9, we had one setup and swapped it for the a+h and the difference in just the warmth of the sound was unbelievable!! the X9 has to be one of the mankiest, digital soundin mixers about....
    high fish | future sound

Junior Freak

Default Scratching

what do other people think about scratching in hard/fast dance music? i think its wicked if you can pull it off, and is something i have been trying to master in the past few months. it's a real talent and adds diversity to your style.
    does anyone have any tips on scratching over hard trance? i've got basic chirps down to a t and my crab scratching is getting there, but have mainly developed this whilst mixing hip-hop. anyone got any advice on techniques i can use in hard trance?

Keepin' it Unreal

Dont go to crazy with it. In hip hop you can get really technical with it and it sounds great, but over hard trance, subtlety is the key. Differnt fade downs work well, as do flares and chirps. Crabs and rubs dont work to well as you cant really make them out over hardtrance(unless you have it way to loud!).

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by IQ
    Dont go to crazy with it. In hip hop you can get really technical with it and it sounds great, but over hard trance, subtlety is the key. Differnt fade downs work well, as do flares and chirps. Crabs and rubs dont work to well as you cant really make them out over hardtrance(unless you have it way to loud!).
    Yeah v.true....
    You have to be really fast too!
    Binary \'The Hardest Trance\'
    www.binarymanchester.com

Keepin' it Unreal

Speed helps, but variation is the main thing :D

Ultimate Freak

It all depends on your mixing technique. I who like it rough (both musically and technically) has two choices - Vestax or Allen&Heath. Those are the only ones putting up to my aggressive tweaking.

If you like it nice and smooth I would say Pioneer DJMx00 is a good choice. Plus it is what every friggin club out there has. Personally I hate it though.

Supreme Freak

this is weird ... the pioneers are funny to use but i would never buy them .. every mate who owns one has terrible probelms with the fader crushing n stuff ... really weak building... of course when you spin a party you dont care the mixer youre using will hold for years or not...

for the sound quality and the strong building i would rate the rodec first and the freevox second... really weird nobody has mentionned these 2 brands before. as good third i would put a&h but ive heard they're a bit weak.

BOA Lifetime Member

just adding the pioneer fx 500 effects box to the aleen and heath makes it the best mixer in the world.
    GREYGROUND

Supreme Freak

why is there all this attraction to the effects ???

3 decks mixing and / or truntablism a la Dave Clarke or Claude Young are really mroe itneresting to hear and see imo.

i guess laziness is the answer

Junior Freak

The pioneer DJM600 is the best mixer on the market and it wins hands down, sure A&H are good and the filters on them are spot on, but the DJM600 has so much you can do with it the effects are amazing once you know how to use them properly you can make sounds you only dream of.
    MONEY WELL SPENT!!

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by IQ
    Love the a+e, and the pioneer, but i am a scratchoholic and have to stick with scratch mixers. The stanton sk2f is amazing, and ive just got an eckler hak320.
    Me too im a skracth junky........check it...

http://www.sekonz.co.uk/videos/sekonzskqwatch.WMV

I use the vestax PMC07pro with penny and gilles xfader(it really is the best xfader out ther). And for effects ive got the kaoss pad 2 which is REALLY nice. Dont like the way the djm is always locked to the bpm, with the kaoss pad you actually control yer effects.....mind you sumtimes its nice for the effects to be locked to the tempo....

Dont think ill ever change my mixer i am 100 percet happy with it....Highly reccomend it.

Junior Freak

I like to throw techno a little more...More turntableizms...blending can get veery boring!

PMC 05-ProII is my choice. Problem is that it only has two channels.

BOA Newbie

Default fave mixer

I only used about 6 mixers, inlcuding the Pioneer DJM 600 which was cool but my fave has gotta be my Vestax PMC25. It has complete freq cut off on the highs mids and lows instead of minus whatever decibels this mixer has minus infinity.

Junior Freak

anyone tried using the new denon thats pretty much exactly the same as the djm 600? thats supposed to be wicked, its got downloadable effects and all sorts!

As for me i've got a djm 600, wicked mixer and has so many tricks you can do with it.

Has anyone used the new allen & heath xone 92?

Junior Freak

I rekon the djm600 is the best, its def' got the best effect's, the cross fader is wiked {allen heath x-faders r the worst] and its pretty solid..

I think the x-zone range has the better sound quality tho...
    www.djchuck-e.co.uk
    Intolerance and El Beso...OUT NOW!!!
    Magic & Il Futuro...Out Now
    Excitement..Out Feb
    Soon: Insomnia rmx, Virus rmx, Love

Junior Freak

there are some new kids on the block now though. check out the new denon x 1500 and the pioneer djm909. the denon is similar to the pioneer djm600 wityh four channels and a bank of effects plus you can assign any input to any channel and has a digital display so you can see everything that is happening and the pioneer djm909 has got separate effects setup for each channel and three preset switches for each channel too plus a whole load of options for changing the fader curve and effects via a touch screen setup. the only drawback with the 909 is the fact that it only has two channels.
    I don\'t do crack... I would never do a drug named after a part of my own ass - dennis leary

BOA Newbie

I love my Rane TTM56 and Vestax 05pro(signed by Grandwizzard Theodore and Jazzy Jay)

BOA Lifetime Member

I've ordered an a & H ****in thing aint here yet though :cry:

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy
    The pioneer DJM600 is the best mixer on the market and it wins hands down, sure A&H are good and the filters on them are spot on, but the DJM600 has so much you can do with it the effects are amazing once you know how to use them properly you can make sounds you only dream of.
    MONEY WELL SPENT!!
    right for a start theres too many on the market to say DJM-600 is the best on the market and wins hands down.

Have you tried all the other mixers.

theres different mixers for different genres.
    yea its a good mixer but the effects can be found on maany mixers, the faders arnt even good, pretty damn poor actually so whats left after that? build quality maybe , reputation also,
    but what about all the other mixers on the market ?

theres a few more on the market apart from allen&heath and pioneer.

lots of people metion Vestax, i have to agree with these people cause ive used vestax djm and allen&heath and vestax pisses all over them all,

you cant kil them, rock solid faders and indestructable design. NO gimmiky effects just good authentic mixablility.

on the DJM you can only use the effects so much, after a while it just becomes cliche. Plus its not the best effects units out there anyways.

Just my two pence worth anyways.

My fave mixers are:

mine the UMX-9

and what im getting next:
    Vestax PMC-07 (or maybe the new version the PMC-007)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast