Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FAVE DJ MIXERS

Supreme Freak

i have a djm 600 - but the filters on the allen and heath are just amazin!

wish i could trade it in and buy this little gem!

BOA Lifetime Member

I got an a& H now and i ****in luv it :clap:

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimitsu
    I got an a& H now and i ****in luv it :clap:
    Its fcuking mental :love: :love:

Junior Freak

I have just got the a&h 62 and its great, it makes ur records and mixes actually sound noticably better than other mixers.

Whats the 92 like, anyone got one yet?

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by techno_smack
    I have just got the a&h 62 and its great, it makes ur records and mixes actually sound noticably better than other mixers.

great quality mixer, just too much crap on it.

i love the Rane TTM-56 personally.

Supreme Freak

i hate pioneers. never could understand why they got so popular.

the allen and heath's with the 4 band eq are wicked. the low-mid control is wicked for picking out a kick from one track to play against the bassline of the other track.

at home i have a vestax pcv 175. it's not half bad. it's the blue 3 channel. the faders are slicker than the black ones.

at the club where i used to play they had a gold vestax 55, and it was awesome. by far my favorite. fewer controls than other mixers, but what it does do, it does flawlessly.

Supreme Freak

why does evry1 go on about allen and heath, explain, all they have is a filter, yes they do sound nice but.........?

Pioneer djm600 so i can make love 2 those fx baby...... :lol:
    R.I.P JOHN PEEL ...........

BOA Lifetime Member

Allen and heath's are much better build and sound quality. the 600 has fx but they aint the best quality and too many fx are shit.

I say get they AandH and have the PioneerFx500 on the side if you really need fx that much
    GREYGROUND

the big pork pie

A&H all the way for me. It sounds so warm & I love the lay out and build quality. Oh, and that VCF filter is technos best friend! ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

i have a little vestax pcm 375 , 19 inches wide lovely big knobs on the eq
    and faders instead of switches for the kills, little short faders that you can chop and cut the frequencies with , its great and i love it , Allen and heath the nuts as well , pioneer is also good .
    STAR WARS IS ALMOST AS CRAP AS TOLKIEN

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by techno_smack

i had one, it had to many build quality faults with it. but that said i found it to be a nice combination of the pioneer (without fx) and the a+h 64.however I sent mine back and got technics instead but i would consider getting one in the future when the price drops a little ;) then maybe add a little guitar fx unit as well (i had more control with a geetar fx unit with a rotary knob controling the delay time instead of a tempo tap button) the filters on the 92 are fat with classy channel switches to assign the filers and crossfaders. all in all a good mixer....shame about the price.

Junior Freak

I will just stick with my Citronic Pro-8. Does the job & when you are only playing to your mates in your house it is all you need.

Ultimate Freak

anyone ever use Eclers ? thinkin of this

featured on VOICES Vol 1 - TEMPL8R.1 - V/A - AVAILABLE SEPT

Ultimate Freak

currently got a Numark DM2002x with 2 Zoom RFX300 on the third channel for the sends.

the DM aint the best, but it has kill buttons beside the pot & is well laid out. AND it has a 12v lamp socket, so no need for candles or lights.

had the huge A&H but had to sell it to free up cash for me club night.
    way too much for jus 2 decks, but i put me hardware thru it & it rox.
    6 staereo channels & 4 mono line ins with 5way parametric ? lush.

as for the 2 mids, i think its a great feature. makes for much more interestin blending. spesh on 3 dex.
    didnt like the Xfade on it. or the Xfade on the 3 channel A&H. just cant get the curve right. and the faders have a wierd curve.

the DJM600 is the 1210 of mixers. if i play out somewhere & theres a DJM600 when i turn up, i'm well happy. it has its faults, but its a good standard.
    featured on VOICES Vol 1 - TEMPL8R.1 - V/A - AVAILABLE SEPT

BOA Lifetime Member

dont like the look of that one above

90's Trance head

ive yet to have used an allen and heath :cry: , i have a djm500 at home thats serviced me for the past couple of years and its still working as good as new :)

its a simple mixer but i like its layout, dont use the effects really, i use delay in my sets a little bit though.

worst mixer ive ever encounterd is the roland dj2000...absolutely shit build and part quality, my mate was silyl enough to fork out 1000 quid for one a couple of years ago and its broke more times then i can remember, we refer to it as the distortion box now :lol:
    Sequence is coming. It's going throughout your imagination. It takes you where you've been before. A higher state of mind. Yeah, you remember the early times. Now were trying to take you again. In the deepest seas of your consciousness.....Time never stops

Junior Freak

I personally use the DJM600 and would agree that the effects on it have definetly been overused. Every time you hear that familiar flanger in the club ... :dontevengothere: You know what I mean. But the problem is not only with the DJs who overuse the effects, it's when they don't even know what to do with them... I mean it's like "oh great, he's discovered the filter - now we're in for forty minutes of ferocious filter frenzy with filter breaks every eight or sixteen bars" :roll:

I've heard the Allen&Heath mixers are great, but I'm not thinking of trading the Pioneer in just yet. Even though some effects have in fact become cliche due to their overuse, they are still great set enhancing effects if applied subtly and with precision...

A mixer I find appealing is the Vestax PMC-37, but I don't yet feel the need for that kind of mixer at this time. Maybe when my skillz are good enough to switch to a real scratch mixer
    John Wayne was a nazi

Junior Freak

I hate the A&H!!!!
    Don't rate Vestax or Pioneer either!!!!

My fav's are Stanton....qualitty build and sound!

Apparently the Rane scratch mixer is the bollox?
    Binary \'The Hardest Trance\'
    www.binarymanchester.com

Keepin' it Unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Revival

Apparently the Rane scratch mixer is the bollox?
    Yep, it is - http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB...1&start=15

BOA Newbie

my new toy!

This mixer is increadible!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast