Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAVE DJ MIXERS

Administrator

The Allen and Heath Zone 64 (I think that's the name - the one with about 6 channels and the filter). I bought it about 6 months ago... It's totally changed my style of mixing...

And the build quality is unbelivable...

This is without doubt the best mixer I've used in 20 years of DJing... shame it hasn't got the effect that the Pioneer DJ M-600 has got (but to be honest, I reckon they've become cliche anyway)..

Edited by: markeg3000 at: 10/28/02 3:50:41 am

Supreme Freak

i got a pioneer djm 500.

it´s pretty fuc*+d after three years now.

i thought of buying that allen & heath mixer. but it makes kinda weird imprint, cause of the weird line faders, and two mid eq´s, and it´s ****in expensive...

how did it change your style, is it easier to handle than pioneer or is it the sound?

and why does it have two mid eq´s?

Junior Freak

OK Mark it may be a cliche but in the DJ world it is the SL1200 of mixers. It does the job very very well. I've had mine for about 4 years and it's never let me down. I have used the A&H one a few times but I found them too fiddly. I did like the crossfader but I will stick with my Pioneer.

P.

www.jackstar-recordings.com

www.paullangley.net

BOA Newbie

ive had a crappy numark dm1100se for about 6/7 years and i can tell u its seriously busted up now but it did its job, so at the moment i have no working mixer, but im buying an allen and heath xone:32 in about a months time, there stuff is pure quality im my opinion

latahz

jabba
    Im The Daddy Now!

BOA Lifetime Member

Paul.. U got game!

I really hate the A&H... I had really big trouble adapting 2 the 4 eq., 2 me it just isn't practical.. played with it 2 time (TLV Club in tel Aviv and an outdoor big event with coxy @ algarve, Portugal... actually it was Cox's requirment !?!?)

the Djm 600 just gives u really good tools .. (but I think there might b a new model comin' out soon with a sort of Red Cycloops included + eq+ efx 4 it ehehhe jus somethin' I heard )...

What could b better : a reverse in the x-fade ).. although I can't scratch 2 save my life! lol ), the faders could b a little more progressive... the option for 4 decks would b nice!! lol!.. plus better control of the sampler!! I don't like Kill on the channel eq. I prefer a standard -15db cut + separate kill (rotary and switch)... eheh load of big phat dirty knobs!!

I also love the very standard Formula Sound PM90 (it's built like a sherman and it has a really sweet eq.)

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Ultimate Freak

would be my very own Vestax 175A... nice and smooth mixer... just shame kills are crap as they make a loud electrical "click" noise through the speakers if you use them... and that's on all 175A's I've used.

Then again, I'm sure this opinion will change some day
    Follow your music with heart and you can never go wrong...

Ultimate Freak

pioneer all the way.
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Junior Freak

Anyone seen the Tascam X9???

The DADDY of all mixers, believe me!!!!!

this is what Im currently saving my pennies for!
    Welcome to the Darkside!

BOA Newbie

I use a pioneer djm300 with a pioneer efx500 efects unit.

Leon ...

Banned

I am currently using the VESTAX PMC170-A
    I will have to agree that the kills are rather shitty, vestax needs to pick up the similar kills as the Stanton line, their kills work very well.
    Im a dj whos not into effects, my ideal mixer is one that lasts for SEVERAL years without any problems of leaky faders and a shitty EQ.
    If i was to buy another board i would buy a Vestax for sure,i have had this one for two years now and not a single problem AT ALL. Always clean, no static, smooth faders, nice cross fader, and the one i have was quite affordable, 425 dollars canadian.

Junior Freak

Default FAVORITE MIXERS

[b] MARK EG, YOU ARE NOT KIDDING! EVER SINCE ALLEN & HEATH BEGAN SELLING IN THE USA, THESE ARE THE TOP OF THE COMPETITION. WITH THE MIXER YOU ARE REFERRING TO, THAT IS THE MOST CLEAR SOUNDING, TIGHT MIXER TO WORK WITH. ESPECIALLY IN THE STUDIO. ALSO THE F**KIN THING LOOKS MASSIVE....SOMETHING THAT BELONGS IN THE STUDIO... I HAVE PLAYED ON THIS SEVERAL TIMES.. INCLUDING AT THE SAME DROP BASS EVEN FURTHER EVENT A FEW YEARS BACK. THE MASSIVE TENT, I BELIEVE WITH ALL THE FURNITURE IN IT. ANYWAYS.. GREAT MIXER.. ROCK ON!

Supreme Freak

I got a djm-600 a few weeks ago:-)
    A lot of people here in Germnay say that pioneer mixers have a really bad sound quality, they even say they are the worst mixers available :lol: , but i don´t think so at all, they´re fuc+*ing brilliant.

Junior Freak

Default mixers

i bought a korg kaos pad mixer a few months back, im really impressed with it, over 80 effects on it.

the only bad side its only a 2 channel, but the cross fader is wikkid really smooth.

bargin for 300 squid

Ultimate Freak

I'm really happy with my DJM 600, effects and EQ is amazing. Just gotta get myself some 1210's now!

Keepin' it Unreal

Love the a+e, and the pioneer, but i am a scratchoholic and have to stick with scratch mixers. The stanton sk2f is amazing, and ive just got an eckler hak320.

Ultimate Freak

Default Heath

I've had the DJM500 liked it a lot but the effects have become a little overused and tired now. Recently bought A&H Xone 464!!!! Which is amazing...loads of auxs, channels, top notch sound quality and very sexy filters....

Ultimate Freak

My mate has an a+h mixer, and i agree with every one that they are quality mixers. But i think i will stick with my stanton rm3s for now. i like this mixer, althought i have a slight problem with the cross fader. every now an then when you cut it over fast theres a little crackling noise, does anyone know what this is? maybe it just needs a clean, but its a fairly new mixer.

Keepin' it Unreal

i had the rm3 when it had just come out. I like the mixer, but the channels
    and the crossfader are really bad for going wrong!!

Take the crossfader out, get some Servisol Aeroclean and spray
    the runners clean, then get some Servisol Super 8, and lubricate it.(dont use too much of the Super 8 or it will slime your fader up!!!)

Ultimate Freak

nice one

BOA Newbie

I have a Vestax PMC-37Pro. It is one of the newest Vestax mixers. There is input matrix system (one source can be assigned to 3 channels, each channel with different eq and/or efx). This is really revolutionary. And istead of knob eq control you have sliders with minus infinity.

I had the chance to check Allen and Heath Zone 64 but in my opinion these mixers are perfect for studio or radio (I suppose Groovetech is using them).

Anyway, on parties I usually have to play on Pioneer DJM500/600 and it is quite good mixer, even if the sound is a bit crappy and efx are often overused by many DJs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast