Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Sweet production
    I like everything except those really annoying clanking sounds.
    Everything sounds fresh except these bits which sound a little bit cliche clanking techno.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

I like the clanks but they were a bit loud. I have used them more subtly to create space so I can work around them instead of making the track solely out of the clanks as the main riff.

Brought them better and changed a lot in this now. As far as the intro - break - back in its right. Probably just need to work the end of this track. Oh yea prolly getting a bit carried away with the real time delay tweaks in this one

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/39_18EDMA.mp3

Ultimate Freak

Cool man.. the fx sound great... and I also like the submarine sonar ping sound hehehe

Sounds a bit disjointed from the rest of the track towards the end... but as you mentioned, you're workin on it :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Worked it again now, going to truncate this version and add sounds into it before the breaks, etc. The old version was avin it but after a while I noticed there were too many problems with the arrangement and it was like I had tried to cut and paste 2 tracks together

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/39_12ma.mp3

Still a bit to do on this, didnt notice it was 8 mins till it was recorded like

Still looking for pointers

Thanks again

BOA Lifetime Member

Brilliant Dan!!! Thats even more amazing now. You just keep adding tastie little bits to this thing right here. You could chop it down a bit time wise, Seems to lose direction to me for a minute. BUt dammit get this one done too. Quite good as well. :clap:

BOA Lifetime Member

Wasnt too pleased with that when i woke up this morning

This version should work better....

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/39_15%20MA.mp3

BOA Lifetime Member

hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

this is quality... but i LOVED the other mix...its 39-17-RE-ARR-MA. raw as f***, so im undecided.....

both are quality tho, and would be at home at a big huge rig at a big huge rave

Junior Freak

this is awesome! i'd buy this :-)

The Demon Beast

Speaking of buying, when you sending out again danny?
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

When uni work is done and the MPC arrives I’ll be going to back on it. Just having a bash as a break of the bloody essays

stjohn - The old version sounded like 2 versions mashed toegther, the plan is to complete this mix and then work on a version which has that hard kick in it. The problem I was having with that version was the lack of bass, when ever I put anything into it it interfered with the energy from the kick

BOA Lifetime Member

understood.... i love the minimal approach...and when i heard that mix, it was pretty much what im aiming for in production.....

tuff, tribally-cyberific, dark!!

fair play on all accounts!!! both are rockin :clap:

BOA Lifetime Member

Dont mean to be pedantic here but Divide when you say minimal & driving what part of 'minimal' are you trying to nail down here? I like the track a hell of alot but dont know what u mean?

cleanliness of sound?/space ?
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    Dont mean to be pedantic here but Divide when you say minimal & driving what part of 'minimal' are you trying to nail down here? I like the track a hell of alot but dont know what u mean?

cleanliness of sound?/space ?
    Ignor the name, it started off minimal(ish) and then I changed it loads

BOA Lifetime Member

What meant originally was techno that’s not layered up like a wall of sound just triggered midi sounds

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/3923MA.mp3

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Divide
    What meant originally was techno that’s not layered up like a wall of sound just triggered midi sounds

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/3923MA.mp3
    bang on. right up my alley. Go Listen to some Tube-Jerk/Tim Wright stuff

I know what you are after and the best way I have found to do is basically make a track with many programs + hardware running alongside each other. All sequenced independently off one another or in cubase if you really really have to... but dont bounce down the audio

Basically the sweetest way (i think) to make music with this clarity is by having say my main drums and maybe one synth part from my RS7000 alongside a couple of little squeels extra hats from an electribe/ a loop or sound from abeleton / a few more hits from reason and a few notes from a VST like absynth and of course the sound of a cat shitting in Fruityloops . Looks messy but even though there looks like there is alot of stuff going on the amount of eqing & pissing about with the overall sound is minimal (excuse the pun). Everything just bounces of each other naturally in its own little separate audio hardware/manufacturers space. I hate bouncing down my hardware because the cleanliness i usually robbed at this stage so its a case of record the whole song out of the machines + pc to a MD or something.

I dunno if i tried to do this within just one app after bouncing down lots of parts it just stagnate and sounds like just another wall of sound.

anyway deadly track!!! and you wont know yourself when you get that MPC.
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

BOA Lifetime Member

Heh thanks

I totally know what you mean about not wanting bounce to audio. Bouncing and using loops or waves in sx really does stump creativity for me (after working this way for a long time). Thing is I always keep on going until the cpu at its very limits and end up having no choice but to bounce to audio . Things get bloody confusing too. I would like to make the arrange page a bit more simple hence me buying the mpc.

At the min the sound sources are battery, Le Absynthe and SX. All bussed externally to hardware. I will have to start treating some of my sounds before i use them to make them bigger and take some pressure of the cpu.

Good advice

Im a sucker for reaktor as an fx plugin at the mo

BOA Lifetime Member

Just get this one Done Dan. Once you have the proper go at it, send it out. I need this one on Vinyl amigo.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Divide
    Heh thanks

I totally know what you mean about not wanting bounce to audio. Bouncing and using loops or waves in sx really does stump creativity for me (after working this way for a long time).
    MPC will fix this. You'll be able to start 'playing' the structure of a track out fully with the Akai in one go into Cubase and still being able to go back and fix little mistakes (midi) and then at the very very very end bounce to audio. I know we have these hardware/vs software dbates the whole time but you cant beat having a little box to go nuts with. Different shit just happens. The best thing for me about hardware is being able to pitch say 10 tracks pefectly in relation to one another in the space of a minute.. no ****ing assigning shite\no clicking... pitching something 'JUST' right can do away with the need for over intensive EQing and FX which can create that wall of sound which we hate yet need to hide bum notes\drums.

Anyway FFS I really dont think you need any help at all Divide.
    :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/39_27mp3.mp3

Nearly done now

Gwan you know you want to :lol:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast