Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

i dont want u to admit that ur stuff isnt releasable, who am i to say it is or isnt? all i said was in my opinion, and until i heard ur 2nd album i must say, i thought it just wasnt there.... of course u can do it on ur own, which is what i think everyone should do... not just u, everyone, its not personal as ive said.....

ive been in sessions with producers, and bands too i must say, i used to sit in sessions at a local top studio and saw many bands/artists recording albums including Noel Gallagher, Gomez, more electronic local artists in the smaller studios so i know the experience these sessions can bring for sure

what im trying to say really is that i believe people shouldnt be releasing until they are able to bring their work up to releasable standard themselves, i think it cheapens an already weakening market and makes it harder for those who have done everything (up until the stages where real help is needed like mastering for vinyl cut, the cut itself etc) to get releases and to get their stuff out there.... as ive said i dont feel this is the case for u as uve proved that ur serious about things, but im fed up of seeing yet more "small name featuring established name with another 3 records out this week" eps knocking about thats all

and yeah our definitions of techno are very different ;)
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

BOA Lifetime Member

man guys, just leave it be...OI....too much reading for me after the third reply to one another. Pete, you're working with Alex, I've heard the tunes and I like what you guys did together. Scott, I'm sure he see's you're opinion. So let's just all make music and get high darnit...ha ha ha

BOA Lifetime Member

I disagree wholeheartedly. Credit on a record lies not just with the person or people who wrote it but the people who cut it, the people who mastered it and promoted it and distributed it. Any record is a team effort. Look at Skankadelic for example. Leave Geezer to his own devices and he'd churn out more boring RAW loops but because of Mr Burns' approach to techno he has steered to Geezer into making tunes that a vast number of poeple still want to hear. Mr Burns deserves shit loads of credit for bringing the skankadelic label to the scene. IT's a ****in wicked label and it's him that did all the worrying and spent all the money getting it off the ground and his name has just as much right to be on those records as geezer himself.

I see no problem whatsoever in people who are passionate about their brand of techno getting it out there by any means neccessary. Especially when there is so little out there that meets my requirements. Why not get someone who can bring my ideas to life to do it? Collaborations are healthy for the scene and it's a great way for lesser known talent to get their foot on the ladder. It's only a problem when wankers like Lisa f*kin lashes who have no intent of writing there own tunes ever employ producers solely for their own selfish self agrandisement purposes. This release for me is nothing to do with boosting my ego or my DJ persona to any great extent. just my want/need to put some good music out there and also promote the producers I think deserve more credit than they get regardless of how well established they are.

BOA Lifetime Member

its not a disagreement here Brad, people should be allowed to have these discussions without being told to leave it, there's no animosity here, just 2 people having a good debate about their views on a certain aspect of music, its lovely infact! More of it i say, ive learnt more about Pete and what he's about in these past few posts then i have in months haha

its not a personal thing as he knows, so its cool....

as for making music, bring it on haha, just wish i didnt have to use the headphones tonite damn it! ;)
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

BOA Lifetime Member

Debate is healthy and I wish there were more on BOA because without conflict there is no intrigue. This view on collaborations is something I hear a lot and it's usually out of some twisted motivation. I get really f*ckin narked when hard working lesser known DJ's get slated because they choose to work with another producer and educate themselves. I just don't think it's fair to discount the chemistry producers have when they get together. Alex works with loads of othe r people and they often steer him into making commercial hard house. Thats not what I'm about and Alex isn't that keen on it either and so this release is our statement to the world saying what we think techno should be doing. Right or wrong, it's out there and you can't argue with that.

BOA Lifetime Member

its not a disagreement here Brad, people should be allowed to have these discussions without being told to leave it
    Man I really wasn't telling you guys what to do Scott. As far as I am concerned, you can talk to one another until you both turn blue. :lol:

I was just saying it would be better to discuss over a joint while working on a tune ;)

But by all means....don't let my suggestions hinder your conversation.

BOA Lifetime Member

Brad, a lot of people share this view and it's something well worth getting out in the open to dispell some of the myths about collaborative works. Sure a lot of talenless arses get their names on records but I don't consider myself to be one of them and I'm in it because I love techno not because I need my ego massaged. Thats what girlfriends are for. ;) :lol:

Ultimate Freak

You have a girlfriend?

j/k :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

You have a girlfriend?
    :lol:

FECKING KRIS..... :lol:

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by messanger
    You have a girlfriend?

FECKING KRIS..... :lol:

Hey I don't..... :)

I'm not worried about it hehe

BOA Lifetime Member

haha its all getting a bit silly i must say, Pete chill man we have totally different views on what makes a worthy producer obviously and ive got way too much stuff to be getting on with than to pick out each detail, u have ur reasons for working with Alex, thats cool, i dont agree with them, thats cool too, seriously u need to learn to take criticism as well as any praise because in techno, or music in general il even say, there will always be more people dissing the stuff than praising it, there is always that few people who will just piss on ur stuff and they wont go away, so take the rough with the smooth man jesus...... i never once said u were doing this to look good, to get bookings, to get more label interest, to be able to say ive done a record with alex calver, to say say ive drank tea with alex calvers mum etc etc so dont take it as so, u know what i mean!!!

i did actually say, a couple of times throughout my posts, that i didnt think this was the case with u!!! did i not? did.... iii..... not??? yeah i did, so come on easy mate.... i know full well what goes into a record and im dealing with all that sort of stuff at the moment, i didnt say it was a solo effort? but the producer is at the heart of it, without them there wud be no music for the cutting engineer to cut, or for the artwork company to design a logo for, or the guy in the music shop to sell gear too etc etc so i know what goes into a record for sure....

come on chill out people, theres a new pope

BOA Lifetime Member

Fair enough mate. I think it was just a debate I've been dying to have with a n opposing view and am very pleased it was you. Matters not at the end of the day. As MArk EG says... "foooook em, do what you do. that's techno man. "

Thank you for the engaging discusison and your expressions of encouragement are noted and appreciated. :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

I see dead people....

BOA Lifetime Member

I Love horses?

BOA Lifetime Member

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by AcidTrash
    I Love horses?
    Is the horse the pitcher or catcher?

BOA Lifetime Member

Umpire

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by AcidTrash
    Umpire
    :hmm:

Not sure if that's better or worse...

BOA Lifetime Member

anyone see Phil Mitchell ripping it up bigtime on eastenders tonite then.... ****in badass!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast