Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default New AcidTrash Album

Well folks here it is...

http://www.squatjuice.org/mp3/acidtr...-petenorth.mp3

Knocks the spots off the last one.

Enjoy.

Pete.

BOA Lifetime Member

downloading Pete. Is this more of the acid goodness???

BOA Lifetime Member

Less than last time. There only 1 track that's outright 303 sillyness but the rest is pretty much what you've heard from me in recent weeks. Haven't got a genre name for it. You could call it acid or techno. Whatever sticks. DOn't really mind. I'm pleased with it. I might have a few things to fix but it beats listening to Britney.

BOA Lifetime Member

I might have a few things to fix but it beats listening to Britney.
    Ha Ha, Amen to that one...LOL :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Sounds cool to me Pete. I like the changes you made to the first tune as well. Keep it up man. Did you mix this in Ableton???

BOA Lifetime Member

Atomix MP3 v2

BOA Lifetime Member

Atomix MP3 v2
    What the hell is that??? Where can I obtain a copy of this mixing software and it is reliable as well I guess are my questions....

BOA Lifetime Member

just a cheap ass mp3 mixing programme that has dual output capability on my sound card. It's cheap and nasty inaccurate software but that's the entirety of its charm It doesn't lock into beats quite right so you get some f*cked up mix sounds that accurate software would never really pick up on. Used in conjunction with a DJ mixer it just owns techno.

Theres a new version called virtual DJ which acts better but I love the raw sound of the basic predecessor.

It is the most reliable playback software I ever used.

BOA Lifetime Member

All Tracks by Pete North (acidtrash)

1 Chunkatech
    2 Tek
    3 Deathcube
    4 Spunout
    5 gonenative
    6 Crystal Trash
    7 Dark
    8 Beta Magic
    9 Broke
    10 Underground City
    11 Asiwannit
    12 Conquest featuring Alex Calver (Out soon on Blipped Out Records)

BOA Lifetime Member

12 Conquest featuring Alex Calver

i must ask dude, when u say featuring Alex Calver, do u mean he did the production because i notice it says out soon on a label, and what ive heard of ur stuff ive not heard a track of releasable standard yet, whilst good tracks of course, not an attack this just a genuine enquiry!

downloading the album now
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

BOA Lifetime Member

just checked it out, not really my bag at all i must say, but production is getting better, and altho the content is a bit unoriginal the sound is getting there
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyes without a face
    12 Conquest featuring Alex Calver

i must ask dude, when u say featuring Alex Calver, do u mean he did the production because i notice it says out soon on a label, and what ive heard of ur stuff ive not heard a track of releasable standard yet, whilst good tracks of course, not an attack this just a genuine enquiry!

downloading the album now
    I took a bunch of samples to alex with an idea of what I wanted and talked it over with him. we sat with Cubase for a day and made that tune. I needed alexs' insight for fills and different ways of filtering. I say featuring Alex Calver because I do beleive it was a joint effort even though alex was in the captains chair for this. It still reflects the mood and style of a lot of techno I make and I don't think this one is that far removed from what I already do. It will sound better than my usual stuff because Alex has years more experience producing than myself but I'm not entirely inept at production and I beleive my creative input was very much taken to account in the production of the track in question.

I also take credit for this work because I did my homework production wise as you can clearly tell from recent months work and unless I had done that I would not have been able to effectively communicate what I wanted from alex and ended up with something that wasn't close to my intent.

As for the rest of the tracks they reflect all of my recent influences and some older ones and regrardless of their releasability I am very pleased with them and in context of the album I think they work really well. It's a varied album and it works on the dancefloor so to this end it has done its job. It is my second prodution milestone album and I very much look forward to starting the next one because that will be even better. I've never been more excited to be producing because working withg Alex has opened up many new fields of exploration and I feel that my own personal twist of what I've learned will eventually yeild a new distinctive sound. It may not be groundbreakingly original but show me anyone on this forum who is.

Supreme Freak

wicked. you got a tune coming out on vinyl with alex calver. hear that name so much. i take it the tunes not up on wedsite. whould of liked a listen

BOA Lifetime Member

easy, i did say it wasnt an attack, just a genuine question.... i must say i dont believe in all the "featuring so and so" that goes on, it more often than not means "i couldnt really b bothered doing it all on my own so i roped someone else in", not that its like that on urs because u have proved ur worth in putting up ur own stuff, im just saying generally thats the case..... and to be honest i dont class Alex as techno at all, its hard dance/hard house

and it doesnt have to be groundbreaking to be forward thinking, i just personally dont think anyone doing this kinda sound is very forward thinking and i dont find any music in this genre fresh, original or forward thinking i must say...

there are a few people on here who are forward thinking, but i must say output wise i havent really heard anything by anyone that breaks the mould so to speak

BOA Lifetime Member

Fair enough mate. Just a bit touchy on that score. A lot of sad people will write me off for doing it but Alex is a production influence of mine and when given the opportunity to work with him I wasn't going to say no was I. If you don't collaborate now and then you don't learn nuthin!

As for hard dance you can't expect anything original. IT's a dancefloor formula and it is that way for a very good reason. If you want different to the formula don't listen to dancefloor techno.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by nova
    wicked. you got a tune coming out on vinyl with alex calver. hear that name so much. i take it the tunes not up on wedsite. whould of liked a listen
    It's the last track on the album linked above

BOA Lifetime Member

to be honest mate thats just the thing, probably no one will write u off for working with Alex because the whole "featuring so and so" thing has been done to death in that respective scene, nearly every release features someone else, or someone else's sisters nan's aunties best mates sister etc etc..... ;)

its fair enough sure but i just feel and respect an artist more for getting things going completely off their own bat and without having to put someone who is already well established on the credits, ive never dug that way of working its a pride thing i think haha

i wasnt expecting anything original either, no offence, but if i check something out with Alex's name on it i tend to know what im gonna get, and its not dancefloor techno, its hard dance for sure.... im not slating it as i know its very popular but its definately not dancefloor techno....

good luck of course

BOA Lifetime Member

IT goes boomtissboomtissboomtissboomtiss. That's dancefloor techno. As I'm not an enlisted officer of the genre police I wouldn't really know the difference to whatever it is you're on about. Theres nothing wrong with using a producer if you have a clear idea what you want to do any the source samples are mostly of your own making. It's not like I'm lisa Lashes who isn't even there in the studio when her tunes are made for her. Besides, one day I will be doing it solo and then and only then will I take sole credit. As it happens Blipped Out has been wanting some Alex Calver techno for a while and our track just happened to fit the bill. What was I going to say? Don't use it? If you do use it don't put my name on the record? Course not.

BOA Lifetime Member

ur far too uptight tonite dude, i just said good luck for gods sake....

"As I'm not an enlisted officer of the genre police I wouldn't really know the difference to whatever it is you're on about" - haha yeah i love that defence mechanism, insecurity breeds contempt as they say, u dont have to be an "enlisted officer of the genre police" to know that dancefloor techno encompasses a huge range of artists, djs, producers, live acts etc and is not just defined to "oh if its boom tish then its dancefloor techno mate!"

if ur definition of dancefloor techno is "boomtishboomtish" then u really arent getting out to the right techno clubs mate honestly, and thats not a personal attack again before u spit the dummy again, its a genuine observation.... dancefloor techno goes beyond boom tish believe it or not and to think otherwise is narrowminded for sure, and again im not saying ur narrowminded, read the post carefully please! .....

i didnt say there was anything wrong with using producers all i said was personally i dont agree with it and if u know ur gonna be doing it on ur own one day then why not just put in the extra effort and go it alone from the start? i am, and many people on here have done so, for anyone to say it cant be done would be silly, no one has, and i hope no one does as that would show a great level of naivety

chill out and dont take it all so personally dude, its genuine question/answer stuff going on right here!

BOA Lifetime Member

Yeah, I'm takin it a bit personal reading back at it. It's just that I was expecting accusing questions and I had a whole load of prepared defense in my head but if what you want me to say is something along the lines of I can't make a tune of releasable standard entirely on my own and have to enlist the help of an established producer then I can admit to that but that does not in any way invalidate my input in the project and I resent the implication that it does. What I took from the session with alex was a whole load of new ideas which will help me make the music I want to have on vinyl. eventually. Because of this release, when I am ready to release my own stuff people will have a fair idea that when they see my name on a record it will be one worth checking out given that I put my name to this tune with Alex. That is the point of doing it for me.

I do think our definitions differ greatly though. When I think of dancefloor techno I just think of party techno, hard dance being a form of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast