Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    The Games Moderator

Default An interesting season indeed

Having played our final game of the season at Millwall on sunday recording a draw at accumilating 60 points(fininshing above Leeds :lol: ) my club today released it's retaining list which see's 4 first team players released & a couple of fringe players.

Now check this fact out, There are only 2 players at our club today that finished last season. Amazing if you think about it. Steve Cotterill came in & with just 8 proffesionals on the books every Burnley fan feared the worst. As it turned out we had a remarkable season finishing in the top 13 & recording memorable wins over premiership opposition Aston Villa & Champions leauge finalists Liverpool in the cups.

During the season we also sold our 2 best players in Robbie Blake (Birmingham) & Richard Chaplow (west brom) yet still we won more than we lost & went from conceading nearley 100 goals to just 39 this season mainly thanks to the impressive John Mcgreal & the man mountain that is Frank Sinclair, we also unearthed a future Endland defender Gary Cahill who joined us on a years load from Villa & proceeded to collect 6 of the 10 supporters clubs player of the year awards. Whatch this lad in the Prem next season, amazing defender ;)

So back to today, were now back down to 9 full time proffesionals so Cotterill's got his work cut out during the summer but if the season turns out as good as this one with a few additions to the squad i reckon we'll be fying next season.
    You gotta say YES ! to another excess

BOA Lifetime Member

how on earth you beat the european cup finalists ill never know....just a pity you couldnt foil the rovers though hey! ;)

burnley to buy big in the summer!!!i think not!!

only jokin dude,hopefully we can play you in the premier league within the next 100 years!! :lol:
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Supreme Freak

I found it strange that when they were going for promotion they sold there two best players.I tell you what you should try and get a couple of our youngster on loan they would be class at that level.

Kennedy the central midfielder,Wheater and Bates the centre backs and Graham and Craddock upfront.

you cant have Downing,Morrison,Macmahon and Johnston though coz we have big plans for them this year.