Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default Arsene - - What You on?

The Arsenal boss is of the belief that the Reds have been lucky in reaching the Istanbul final but former striker Rush does not agree and he's keen to point out the reasons why.

"Arsenal are a great side, but they could do with checking their facts before they accuse Liverpool of being 'lucky' to get to the Champions League final," says the 1984 European Cup winner.

"Only one team has remained unbeaten in the knockout stages of Europe. Even Milan have lost twice on their way to Istanbul.

"As for Arsene Wenger comparing Liverpool's success to that of Millwall in last year's FA Cup, I didn't notice any First, Second or Third Division teams in the Champions League this season.

"If Liverpool win it, they'll have had to beat the champions of Italy and England to do so. Luck has nothing to do with it.

"Besides, it was clubs such as Arsenal who lobbied UEFA so hard to extend the competition, while England is determined to extend the number of entrants from the Premier-ship to five.

"Yes, it was harder to win years ago, simply because it was so tough to qualify in the first place. But, having changed the rules, there's no point complaining if a club takes advantage."

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

talking like you have won it already again
    lol the trance has gone

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Lucius

talking like you have won it already again
    no, don't chat shite and change the essence of the point!

BOA Lifetime Member

:roll:

it was a fluke you getting there, lets see if you do next season.

oh no hang on you cant ;)
    lol the trance has gone

BOA Lifetime Member

:lol:
    Numeric

BOA Lifetime Member

it was a fluke you getting there
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahah (stops for breath) hahahahahahahahahahah (stops for more breath)...hahahahahaha (those sour grapes smell bad).....

BOA Lifetime Member

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...ampions_League

Lennart Johansson has backed Liverpool's bid to defend the UEFA Champions League if they lift the trophy in Istanbul later this month.

The Uefa president has told Sky Sports News that he supports the Merseysiders' cause but stressed the final decision rests with The Football Association and it is their responsibility to submit a formal proposal.

Of course, nothing can be done until the outcome of the final with Milan is known and at least Everton know there is no question of any repeat of the situation in Spain some years ago when Real Madrid usurped Real Zaragoza despite finishing below them in the table.

"Let's deal with it when we know the facts after the final of the Champions League," explained Johansson. "And then see to it that we are crystal clear that the champion must always be given its opportunity to defend the title.

"That we see to it in the future that we have rules and regulations that are understandable from the very beginning.

"In the view of the reactions that came now, I personally, on one hand, think that someone has qualified under the present regulations for the next Champions League and, on the other hand, I understand the champions like to defend its title.

"If the association (FA) would like to do so, if they are taking contact with us, they should make a proposal that would mean extending the number of teams from England in the Champions League next time from four to five."

Although accepting Liverpool's feelings on the subject, Johansson is adamant that everything must be done through the proper channels.

"They cannot just explain their feelings," he added. "They must go to other things if they feel this would be correct.

"They should sit down and write a letter to the Uefa executive committee with a request to extend the number of teams from England from four to five."

Meanwhile, Liverpool will wear red in the final with Milan changing to their white strip.

BOA Lifetime Member

I swear sometimes you talk some of the worst shite ive ever heard, fluke? oh dear :roll:

Dont forget you aint qualified for fuk all yet either, youve still got the little matter of getting knocked out by were shite zagreb before you even get into the champions league. So...

BOA Lifetime Member

You only won the game against Chelsea because of a bad refereeing...

Nah, no fluke involved whatsoever...
    Numeric

BOA Lifetime Member

Nah no fluke. They never scored against us, we scored against them (on paper at least). If they were that good they would of scored against us & put us out, they couldnt. Id agree there was a element of luck to get the goal the way we did but us getting to the final is no fluke. Jealousy eh? ahh well.

BOA Lifetime Member

Supporting the scum that you do you should be more then familiar with luck. Luck bordering on a piss take.

BOA Lifetime Member

chelsea had no luck either :roll: the fact no penalty occured or the keeper being sent off!!!!!!!!!!!

Junior Freak

:roll: Liverpool have no more fluked their way through 14 Champions League games to the final of the worlds best club competition than Everton have fluked their way to 4th place in the Premiership.
    As a Pompey fan with no love for either team, I take my hat off to two fantastic achievements :clap:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH
    :roll: Liverpool have no more fluked their way through 14 Champions League games to the final of the worlds best club competition than Everton have fluked their way to 4th place in the Premiership.
    As a Pompey fan with no love for either team, I take my hat off to two fantastic achievements :clap:
    fluked my way to 4th place my arse, determination & hard work got us there.
    lol the trance has gone

Junior Freak

fluked my way to 4th place my arse, determination & hard work got us there.
    Two comparable acheivements. Read my post again and I think that's what you'll find I said. Moyes was my manager of the season choice too.

Ultimate Freak

liverpool dont deserve to win it in my books, they have been pritty dam shocking in the prem this year comepared to other teams,

BOA Lifetime Member

There's an element of luck to the prem, one decision can change a game and one game can change a season. But, there's a much bigger element of luck in a knock out competition, Liverpool mhave done really well, but you can't tell me they're one of the 2 best teams in europe.

All the big teams got paired off against each other in the 2nd round paving the way for the likes of PSV to get to the semi's when they finished 2nd in Arsenals group. And they were probably unlucky not to get past AC Milan.

BOA Lifetime Member

:clap: :clap:

Well said that man. Every team gets tough breaks and lucky patches now and then but Everton didn't make it to 4th on luck, they worked for it and deserved it, and same goes for Liverpool - there's no way you can stay unbeaten against a long list of Europe's top teams and reach the champs final solely on dodgy refereeing.

Fair play to both of 'em.

BOA Lifetime Member

I don't think you can compare achievements in the league with achievements in cups, Arsenal have only once failed to reach the semi's of the FA cup under Wenger, but compared to his record of finishing in the top 2 every season that's rubbish, it'd be equivalent to getting to the final every year without fail.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DJTrubass
    liverpool dont deserve to win it in my books, they have been pritty dam shocking in the prem this year comepared to other teams,
    How is an indifferent season in the Premiership relevant to them deserving to win the Champions League? If they beat AC Milan they'll deserve it, end of story. As a supporter of English football I shall be cheering them all the way in the final.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast