Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Junior Freak

Well art has no definite form, being artistic in terms of prod is awesome, but at the same time kids at a party want to dance. There is always room for compromise, fill your sets with the floor bangers, but give kids music they can appreciate as well.
    Thats what its all about isnt it, keeping that balance..
    Sven: Hahaha You minimalist fockers! Where is the BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM?

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    By the way I dont know whats up with this 'new movement' thing.

Someone list their top ten 'new techno movement' records for me please.
    top ten

can i borrow that time machine so i can go get them? they haven't been made yet...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

By the way I dont know whats up with this 'new movement' thing.

Someone list their top ten 'new techno movement' records for me please.
    Yeah, completely.

There's no new techno movement. There is a current techno situation, but let's not pretend something exciting is happening or developing, it's not. It's not to say that I'm not hopeful for the future, I am, but these kind of threads are far too premature and for-the-sake-of-it for me to want or be able to get involved in properly.

I've said it so many times here and it's generally been ignored, unless some new records come and re define where techno is at then there's no point in talking about it.

I think all the philosophy/ what it means to you discussions are extremely boring, sorry.

BOA Lifetime Member

Ok.

Who`s your favourite DJ?
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

WORD.

I can understand why people want to philosophise about state of the art techno but at the same time It just completley turns me off . Its all about now. Not tommorrow. Today & whats at hand. Techno didnt have to come under this sort of instant scrutiny before. Loads of ****ed up mad techno/music has been released over the last 10 years and will continue to over the next 100000,00000,000000.
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

BOA Lifetime Member

Art always has been, and always will be a part of philosophy and artistic discussion.
    If you don`t like it, don`t moan about it, I think I heard get said on another thread?
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    Art always has been, and always will be a part of philosophy and artistic discussion.
    If you don`t like it, don`t moan about it, I think I heard get said on another thread?
    true.

but being anti-philosophy is part of my philosophy if you know what i mean.
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

BOA Lifetime Member

Ok.

Who`s your favourite DJ?
    Ooh, that's a tough one. I think we'll need to start a new thread for that ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

true.

but being anti-philosophy is part of my philosophy if you know what i mean.
    Philosphy is only a poncey way of saying you are thinking about something in depth.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

BOA Lifetime Member

Actually, I completely recognise your need or desire to talk about this. I guess I don't always feel like getting into it on that level, I've rarely felt it to be particularly beneficial or truly worth it on a messageboard. Maybe I'm just pretty clear in my views a lot of the time, and I don't want to read and dissect other people's, I dunno? In saying that I do learn from what other people have to say, maybe I'm not interested in wanting to sometimes, requires too much extra attention or time, which I don't always have.

BOA Lifetime Member

I`ve been within an artistic community in one form or another for a lot of my life, so discussion on this sort of level has always been there.
    I do however understand that not everyone is into the artistic/philosopihic side of music as an artform. But it is a part of the ongoing process of creative developement.
    Although nothing is more important than experimentation in this respect.

The thing about this thread is that a lot of people here haven`t really read all the posts, and have just reacted to the word experimentation, as if means hang upside down and make techno with a conductors baton stuffed up your nose.

All artists should experiment. How far you go away from the Herd in terms of what is acceptable in the parameters of Dancefloor Techno, is up to you.

But a lot can be learned from going waaaaay off into crazy experimentalism, and then applying what you learn in a more acceptable techno format.

Not everything you make needs to be released, to experiment for the sake of exploring capability and form etc, is very healthy for a musician.

Another point I maybe think, is that to only listen to, and then only produce techno, is very unhealthy.

It`s like the Rednecks living up there in the Ozarks.
    "My mother is my Sister"
    Look at the state of some of them.

In-Breeding stagnates and retards the system.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Supreme Freak

But a lot can be learned from going waaaaay off into crazy experimentalism, and then applying what you learn in a more acceptable techno format.

agree with you there, i find making stuff that isn't techno or is experimental in some way really helps me when i get back on to making techno. Also drawing influences from outside of the techno spectrum helps as well. It is very rare for a techno tune to inspire or make me think creatively about making a new tune. However listening to other genre's such as hip hop, electronica, breaks, house etc very often inspires me to get into the studio

BOA Lifetime Member

Another point I maybe think, is that to only listen to, and then only produce techno, is very unhealthy.

In-Breeding stagnates and retards the system.
    aha. but we understand this inheritantly. maybe just dont understand if some people dont. it just seems normal to me.

BOA Lifetime Member

[quote="massplanck"]
    it just seems normal to me.
    Inbreeding?

You got anything you`d like to divulge about your families past?
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

BOA Lifetime Member

[quote="dirty_bass"]
    it just seems normal to me.
    Inbreeding?

You got anything you`d like to divulge about your families past?
    :lol:

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exit
    People like cristian vogel and neil lansdtrumm push the boundries of 4/4 techno a bit more
    They basically make intellectual techno you can just get drunk and have a laugh too.
    I dunno, some of their stuffs well made for the dance floor, hard as nails dark as f*** s***

They really twist the grooves to make proper funky s*** as well

Junior Freak

to me, any purposeful action is made in the pursuit of pleasure/enjoyment.
    in this way, when i try (struggle) to create, i am in search of the same satisfaction as when i, say, go out and get ****ed and stomp to 10 year old acid techno.

the way i see it, they're just different ways of achieving the same thing...

i think art is a form of entertainment and vice versa.

M.O.D.

i like waxing intellectual about techno because the more we discuss and debate, the more ideas we share and (hopefully), the better our music becomes...

...i mean...maybe someone gets inspired by this and makes something unique instead of a purpose maker/adam beyer clone record...

...maybe this thread gets locked because the idea of "new techno" is too controversial and the loop-o-philes counterattack.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk
    i like waxing intellectual about techno because the more we discuss and debate, the more ideas we share and (hopefully), the better our music becomes...
    Hmm, I'm 50/50 on this one.. sometimes I could be doing music and instead I waste time here, it's hard to call. Talking here has never inspired me to make 'experimental' music/techno. Actually *wanting* to make something more experimental, enjoying doing it, or being so pissed off with the shit techno that's around... are good reasons to make something a bit more challenging or interesting. It's down to people's own mindsets and how they actually view techno, what they want from it, and whether they want to make a contribution.. that's what seperates the good from the eh.. boring.

BOA Lifetime Member

Theres loads of music that rocks dancfloors but not many that let you get as deep or experimental as Techno does so why waste the opertunity to do somthing different?

The attraction in techno for me is that im free to do what the **** I like with it and still its part of the Techno machine.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast