Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk
    Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    Quote Originally Posted by crime
    He did however record 5 albums for tresor...
    Does he drive a porshe?
    i sure hope so...
    Who cares what car people drive FFS
    and to be honest, you'd be harded pushed to buy a porsche with money made from techno in this day and age...

BOA Lifetime Member

Who cares what car people drive FFS
    and to be honest, you'd be harded pushed to buy a porsche with money made from techno in this day and age...

:lol:
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

BOA Lifetime Member

you would have to get youself one of them Regis bikes instead

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk
    i mean, if techno lets you be free and do what you want, why do so many people just put the same f***ing records out year in year out?
    Because the moment it steps out of the boundary of what the majority of people call "techno" people don't consider it techno... TBH there are so many different takes on what it's about, I've given up writing "Techno" and now i write what I call "Music", it's this genre that encompasses everything...
    i think i like this "music" you speak of...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Supreme Freak

i speak of both artist (firstly) and industry second. There is movement in both right now......look behind you at the next generation ;)

And i too now make just Electronic Dance Music (EDM) and its holotropik LIVE style not one pidgeon hole genre.

i often refer to it as techno because its made via technology. But it is harder to use the term techno these dayz as it isnt very clear to most people what that is - the genre explosion only makes it harder for people to know what you are refering to. When I say EDM they know exactly what i mean and i can explain to them my flavour and they respond to that. If i say Techno they just automatically put an assumption upon it which is often not correct and dont listen to what i have to say.

BOA Lifetime Member

I hear personal expression in all good music. A communication of a musical idea, weak music has none of that and is just a cut and paste of other peoples tricks.

DB I respect your philosophising and I’m guessing the point of this thread is to find some inspiration in here (not that I think you need it). The point I think I’m trying to make is that even if there was a new revolution, we wouldn’t find it in a forum

BOA Newbie

Hello again...

I am aware that at the moment yerz don't know me from Jack, me bein a New Geezer n all, so bear with me...

This particular topic is something that we have been chewing on for ages, trying to figure out what to do next for the common good within the techno scene.

I think holotropic has nailed down our thoughts all in one go!

I'm an advocate of 'the more the merrier'; as in gathering together a group of like minded producers who are around to champion each other, gain constructive critisism and ideas from, and generally be supportive of each others' efforts to better themselves...

By doing this it creates a sense of being part of something good, rather than being out their on your own and feelin the pain coz you're being slated by someone who you have looked upon as your peer..

Surely this is a more helpfull approach to the situation as it allows a more relaxed creative energy in which to produce, thus any new ideas that you have come up with can be listened to constructively...

Sounds all very Utopaic I know, there bein a big wide world out there, but maybe this approach will draw in the energy that is needed to create something new and innovative...

(sorry bout the largest cliche eva there!!)
    \"Strength in Numbers...\"

Supreme Freak

I have been fortunate to get rather inside information (from a music lawyer in Australia) relating to the future of the industry. Online distribution is definately stiring things up - which is not a real surprize to many of us who have used this medium for ages now being tech-heads....hehehehe.

basically this means that the game is wide open now. New alignments are forming and new repetoires developing within labels that are totally online rather than the traditional (and expensive) hardware format. For example the label that i am signed to (EDMdigital.com) is amassing artists rapidly so as to form an attractive pool of artists for when the major labels develop online media delivery security and control. As we know majors buy repetoires from independent labels or at least build networks/connections to them.

We also know that the music we are into is now able to be delivered in a myriad of digital techniques (final scratch, CDJ, machines, etc) by a DJ or artist. So it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that digital IS the prefered format of the future. Look at things like iPod for the consumer market.

As far as online networking goes we as Techno artists are soooo far ahead of the rest in terms of potential and knowledge it aint funny. We know how to use all this stuff and are not afraid to embrace anything new.

We are a global entity know so forming connections on forums like this is alllll goood....if you wanna piece of the future.

coz its here now.

Banned

We're talking about music not the industry fella! Can we stay within the topic. Good but obvious contributions nothingtheless.

Ultimate Freak

I always find it really funny when people talk about the "Industry", I mean are you kidding me? does that mean there's a "Punk Rock industry"? I'm sure more punk records are sold than techno and I very much doubt they call their scene an "Industry".. Are you all drawing 6 figure salaries then?

Ultimate Freak

And the funniest thing is the people who use this term the most are living in areas that sell the least records.... I mean there's nothing wrong with having aspirations, but c'mon, get real...

Supreme Freak

And the funniest thing is the people who use this term the most are living in areas that sell the least records.... I mean there's nothing wrong with having aspirations, but c'mon, get real...
    It's all good. Berlin won't be the "centre" for ever. Especially if so much boring shit keeps coming out of there.

Selling the most amount of records says nothing about quality of output matey.

But thats kinda off topic now and I apoligise for my hijack.

Supreme Freak

Man be careful, the shareholders may ban you! This point has riled me more than once, if anyone is part of any industry it is simply the 'Music' industry.

Not the '4/4 ghetto techno 127.5 bpm industry'

It's only marginally worse than wittering on about getting 'signed' though.

BOA Lifetime Member

I hate 'the industry'

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Komplex

It's all good. Berlin won't be the "centre" for ever. Especially if so much boring shit keeps coming out of there.
    who mentioned berlin? Oh you did because you noticed I live there.. generally people seem to think minimal is all that comes ot of berlin, that's like saying only drum n bass is the only music to come out of london, hip hop is the only music to come out of NYC and Ghettotech is the only music that comes from Detroit..

There is actually a lot of good music coming out of berlin right now, of all different styles, Jamie Lidell lives here, Youngman is rocking it, there's the whole breakcore thing, some of the old residents from Tresor like Kreig who's really rocking it...

Ultimate Freak

I apoligise for my hijack.
    I've just re-read your post, why did you even bother? All you're doing is looking very much like you havn't got a clue what you're talking about, and what's with bringing up Berlin? what does that have to do with anything?
    Go and have 10 years working this thing 24/7 then tell me something I don't know...

Supreme Freak

who mentioned berlin? Oh you did because you noticed I live there.. generally people seem to think minimal is all that comes ot of berlin, that's like saying only drum n bass is the only music to come out of london, hip hop is the only music to come out of NYC and Ghettotech is the only music that comes from Detroit..

There is actually a lot of good music coming out of berlin right now, of all different styles, Jamie Lidell lives here, Youngman is rocking it, there's the whole breakcore thing, some of the old residents from Tresor like Kreig who's really rocking it...
    I was nicely stirring you up based on your previous comments :)

Supreme Freak

I apoligise for my hijack.
    I've just re-read your post, why did you even bother? All you're doing is looking very much like you havn't got a clue what you're talking about, and what's with bringing up Berlin? what does that have to do with anything?
    Go and have 10 years working this thing 24/7 then tell me something I don't know...

Ultimate Freak

I was nicely stirring you up based on your previous comments :)
    Why, do you have nothing better to do that sit on forums all day waiting for something to "Stir up"? is that your life's work?

Supreme Freak

sorry if it affected you deeply. chill out a little...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast