Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Parsnip

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMouse
    Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man
    its a bloody good lead to follow imo
    Yes, lets all move to Berlin and buy T-Shirts.
    sorry ....do you mean buy a specific berlin t shirt?
    or just buy any old t shirt because they are particularly good in berlin?

help me i am confused ....and its only 1pm
    http://www.ubercoolische.com/

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    Crime I hate to say it but you are pretty good at wrecking the buzz yourself. Someone makes a 'funny' comment and you take it up all seriuos all the time. I could only handle you one a month by the looks/sounds of things. ? Does vogel drive a porshe? C'mon you cant be serious as to take these thing serious. You are probably just riling from the bad old days when certain other people pissed you off.. but dem days are gone.

Now I'm not jumping the gun but you can act just as much as a forum twat as the best of us (including me). ;)

dont hit me.. because i'm a Aeox/Youngman/Mascon/Landstrumm etc nerd.
    Fair comment mate, I shouldn't post on forums really, it's a bit too close to home for me, in fact I think I'll start a forum ban on myself again, it's about time really...

BOA Lifetime Member

He means this one I think...

BOA Lifetime Member

Available from here, apparently... ;)

http://www.linktrader.co.uk/showitem3952188788

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by crime
    Fair comment mate, I shouldn't post on forums really, it's a bit too close to home for me, in fact I think I'll start a forum ban on myself again, it's about time really...
    No worries. A self-ban on the forum can be good for the head though i'll agree.

you'll come crawling back again though i'm sure. ;)
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by robin m

He means this one I think...

:lol: :lol:

M.O.D.

let me being this back to the subject: crime, others who just joined this thread...do you think there is/should be a "new movement" in techno of people who want to innovate/bring techno back to its roots of innovation?
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk
    let me being this back to the subject: crime, others who just joined this thread...do you think there is/should be a "new movement" in techno of people who want to innovate/bring techno back to its roots of innovation?
    I think crime is already affilated with that concept and heas been for sometime if i dare say so...
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    I think crime is already affilated with that concept and heas been for sometime if i dare say so...
    my memory is sometimes short...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Newbie

I really do believe that to bring about a "new movement" in techno, producers have to be more innovative- there needs to be some fresh ideas out there for people to chew on...

Our challenge is that now so much has been done (and done to death in some cases) that it really is more difficult to come up with new ideas..

the musical genre that we are in is going through a perfectly normal phase.. techno has been around for ages now so it's no wonder that we are concerned and are trying to avoid the dreaded zone- 'end of shelf-life'...

The other challenge is that the established producers who are out there, flying the flag as such, havn't got much time to get into the studio which is where innovation is born- we all know that it is how much time is spent in the studio which directly relates to the level of innovation..

Techno has had some really good times over the years and it will have it's turn once again..
    \"Strength in Numbers...\"

BOA Lifetime Member

I don't think this ever went away. I think it's more likely that the people who listen to the music closed their minds a bit more after greater exposure to the music and, therefore, started confusing "innovation" with only music that appeals to their personal tastes. The last thing I would say about techno music is that it has gotten stale and stuck. That may be true for some artists but not the music in general. The question is just whether or not people like where the music is going.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Fella!
    Our challenge is that now so much has been done (and done to death in some cases) that it really is more difficult to come up with new ideas..

I think that getting people to axcept new ideas is the difficult part.

I dont think that comming up with new ideas is the problem its that not enough djs and producers are brave enough or passionate enough to do somthing with them.

do you think I used the word enough........er............enough

BOA Newbie

I agree totally with tocsin and Mindful there.

A 'new movement' needs a new 'platform' on which to work from. It needs an innovative solution, a focal point where it is accepted that new ideas are being tested.

(I wrote loadsa bollocks earlier but I had 2 log back in and lost it all- what happened there?- probably a good thing mind coz it was a long winded way of saying the above!)

BOA Lifetime Member

A 'new movement' needs a new 'platform' on which to work from. It needs an innovative solution, a focal point where it is accepted that new ideas are being tested.
    agreed

Also we need a group of like minded people who share the same ideas but from different angles to collectivley do this.

The idea of a collective isnt exactly new but with the internet and a way to connect with those people no matter where they are then it becomes more than just a local collective.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindful
    agreed

Also we need a group of like minded people who share the same ideas but from different angles to collectivley do this.

The idea of a collective isnt exactly new but with the internet and a way to connect with those people no matter where they are then it becomes more than just a local collective.
    Hooray :clap: :clap:
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Prince Of Warthogs

http://www.ubercoolische.com/
    hahahahaha
    i've just checked out that site.
    wow , that guy really knows how to bite!
    love your mum

BOA Newbie

Just to add to our train of thought...

If the concept is then portrayed properly and is understood by the discerning listeners out there, then they will be drawn to it out of pure interest..

This in turn will draw the attention of more producers, who are interested in developing new ideas, which will increase the level of innovative material within the concept...

This should bring about a snowball effect on which the basis of a "new movement" can be founded...

What ya fink...?

BOA Newbie

So, we've discussed the concept of needing a focal point for innovative ideas and that this will help to bring together a more solid base from which a 'new movement' can become a reality....

Right, well we've been working on this idea for quite some time now, time having been the issue, and have gradually manouvered ourselves into a position where we can get on with things...

We are just in the process of setting up another club night in London, based on the principles discussed. 'White Label', 'Underground City' and 'Dynamics' were only brief affairs because of venue problems- we knew that the concept was working...

This time we will be able to persist...

Also, we have an internet radio stream ready and waiting.
    This will complement the club night, which is the creative icon for the concept...

(more after I've had a ciggy!)

BOA Newbie

It will also allow us to dedicate time to the concept of involving innovative producers globally, which is an essential requirement if we are to get anywhere with this...

I know that difficulties will arise as far as attitudes are concerned, and we may come under fire for decisions that are made, but it is the doing it that is important and any creases can be ironed out along the way...

Anyway, involvement and input is the key to this one, and keeping a positive focus on the reasons for which we are doing this...

My prayer mat is most definitely out :!:

Ultimate Freak

I think for anything to happen everyone needs to stop philosophizing about it the whole bloody time, get on with life and just see what happens natuarally.. Often things dont work when you try and think about them to hard, but let go and they all come into place.
    jimmah!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast