Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Supreme Freak

Default NEW TRACK! A.P. (F.A.T Collective)

Any comments will be a great help :lol:

http://www.fatcollective.com/MidShock.mp3

BOA Lifetime Member

I like it so far, but I think you should add just a touch more perc after the break later in the track for a bit more movement. Also some sort of cool FX automation would be good coming out of that break. It would be much more powerful and impactful going back into the whole track sequence.

I think maybe a tiny vocal snip for a stab would suit the purpose well, and maybe even a phased out distorted snare which could be added during the break.

although this is just my opnion. Still proper for the dancefloor as usual.

As for the mix down, sounds good to me, but I'm only in headphones.

Supreme Freak

Supreme Freak

:lol:

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by messanger
    I like it so far, but I think you should add just a touch more perc after the break later in the track for a bit more movement. Also some sort of cool FX automation would be good coming out of that break. It would be much more powerful and impactful going back into the whole track sequence.

I think maybe a tiny vocal snip for a stab would suit the purpose well, and maybe even a phased out distorted snare which could be added during the break.

although this is just my opnion. Still proper for the dancefloor as usual.

As for the mix down, sounds good to me, but I'm only in headphones.

Cool man, thanks for your comments. Some things there that are of great help to me ;)

Supreme Freak

the sounds all sit together pretty well, but nothing really happens in nearly 8 minutes. some samples, or more synth sounds and a progression of some sort would help a lot, me thinks.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Evil G
    the sounds all sit together pretty well, but nothing really happens in nearly 8 minutes. some samples, or more synth sounds and a progression of some sort would help a lot, me thinks.

I tried not using any synths for this track, just purely percussion. I think some vocal hooks my suit the job or some more automated effects on some of the percussion.

Think i posted it up to soon eh!

Supreme Freak

good dancefloor stuff, but defo needs more variation and edits. Maybe bring the bass line up a bit. You've got some pretty cool rythmns out of the percussion you've used though

Ultimate Freak

Try starting this track at the 2:14 mark and taking it from there... you could condense this whole thing down a LOT and it would still be a bit loopy... needs more elements.. more things happening.

Not a bad start but it really needs some other attention-getter other than the filtered bongo type sound...

Supreme Freak

;)

BOA Newbie

Default Advice

It will better if the track would be shorter, inough 5:30. And change another high hat, insert more fx sound.
    Hello to everyone!!!

BOA Newbie

Default Advice

It will better if the track would be shorter, inough 5:30. And change another high hat, insert more fx sound.
    Hello to everyone!!!

Ultimate Freak

sounding ok, i'd probably squeeze it together and make it shorter too for more variation. the kick sounds a bit weak to me, but then i do love full on gabba kicks. yours sounds like an acoustic bd. some good ideas in the track, keep it up!