Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    mastered the art of compression................
    compression isn't really an art and if it is (or at least if people think it is)... we're all in big trouble. i mean setting a high ratio, pushing the gain and slapping a fast attack on a bass line or lower mids isn't anything praiseworthy (i'd rate a final mixdown and equalization much higher than compression. anyways the real compressing really goes down at the cut imo). these are things one would think you should know before even setting your ideas to the canvas. post has nothing to do with pre imo. so many times i've heard people post produce their track before the the pre production has even been scrutinized.

back to the topic.. to me adam made some really good tracks (conform 12 anyone?)...and has proven diverse in influence and as far as dj'ing goes he's definitely one to check out. whether he deserves exaltation.. eh i'm not so sure. he gets respect any how.
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Ultimate Freak

pffft, let him master the art of de compression. ;)

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Adverse
    compression isn't really an art and if it is (or at least if people think it is)... we're all in big trouble. i mean setting a high ratio, pushing the gain and slapping a fast attack on a bass line or lower mids isn't anything praiseworthy (i'd rate a final mixdown and equalization much higher than compression. anyways the real compressing really goes down at the cut imo). these are things one would think you should know before even setting your ideas to the canvas. post has nothing to do with pre imo. so many times i've heard people post produce their track before the the pre production has even been scrutinized.

back to the topic.. to me adam made some really good tracks (conform 12 anyone?)...and has proven diverse in influence and as far as dj'ing goes he's definitely one to check out. whether he deserves exaltation.. eh i'm not so sure. he gets respect any how.
    true, true. compressing samples isn't exactly rocket science.

but that uber-compressed sound is, i think, part of the reason he got so big, and why he has been imitated so much... has to do with the size of the sounds. there were plenty of good percussive techno tracks out there before drumcode, but adam (and others on planet rhythm) seemed to make bigger tracks.

probably some of this also has to do with all this coinciding with vst software technology...putting certain sound processing tools in the hands of people who might not have been able to afford it before...so more people actually had the ability to imitate it than before...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

dude, I hate to point a finger at you, but if that`s all you think compression is, then you don`t knbow much about it.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    "How important is Adam Beyer to techno?" i would say not important enough to have even made this ( ) lame assed thread. beyer ain't originate shit, he just gave that mass produced, ikea feel to the raw shit glenn already had going imo.
    Jesus man, that's almost the most stupid post I've read by you so far. Adam Beyer is massively important to techno, far more so than you'll ever be that's for sure.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass

dude, I hate to point a finger at you, but if that`s all you think compression is, then you don`t knbow much about it.

do you want me to go into what i know then? in a thread about adam beyer? please.
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    "How important is Adam Beyer to techno?" i would say not important enough to have even made this ( ) lame assed thread. beyer ain't originate shit, he just gave that mass produced, ikea feel to the raw shit glenn already had going imo.
    Jesus man, that's almost the most stupid post I've read by you so far. Adam Beyer is massively important to techno, far more so than you'll ever be that's for sure.
    let's just wait and see, ok, don't want to feel sorry later on, do we? ;)

Ultimate Freak

pffft sunil you go on with the importance of adam beyer, iw ill go back to my ornette coleman.

BOA Lifetime Member

It`s all about exposure. Beyer did a lot to expose more people to techno.
    Without people like him, commercial or whatever, techno would be a very small and sad club of moaning losers.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

BOA Lifetime Member

pffft sunil you go on with the importance of adam beyer, iw ill go back to my ornette coleman.
    You listen to jazz?! Holy ****, you must be right about Beyer then.

M.O.D.

ornette coleman invented hard techno... :wicked:
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

Without people like him, commercial or whatever, techno would be a very small and sad club of moaning losers.
    How did he ? If you weren't in a techno club then you didn't hear techno ( unless the EM had a VERY rare set by a techno dj ). Sure, his tunes stood out at that time ( but so did MANY others) but I wouldn't say it exposed the sound to non -techno fans - Techno as a whole in that era exposed alot of people to techno because the clubs were ALWAYS full with people wanting to know what the fuss was about. As much as it grates on me to say it, i'd say Fergie has brought more exposure to the techno scene than Beyer.

As for techno being a small and sad club of moaning losers , I can't actually believe someone like yourself would say this :dontevengothere:

BOA Lifetime Member

If I remember correctly, there used to be a sea of people who`d walk into record shops because they heard Beyer. He popularised the new era of techno, I`m not saying he`s great, but to not acknowledge the effect, in terms of pull and awareness, is a little naieve.
    He was one of the Top Top names in techno for ages, and obviously anyone in this position has influence.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Supreme Freak
    Around the back of the third moon off Tyrisia

I rate other people more, but I like most of what I've heard of him

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Boy
    How did he ? If you weren't in a techno club then you didn't hear techno ( unless the EM had a VERY rare set by a techno dj ). Sure, his tunes stood out at that time ( but so did MANY others) but I wouldn't say it exposed the sound to non -techno fans - Techno as a whole in that era exposed alot of people to techno because the clubs were ALWAYS full with people wanting to know what the fuss was about. As much as it grates on me to say it, i'd say Fergie has brought more exposure to the techno scene than Beyer.

As for techno being a small and sad club of moaning losers , I can't actually believe someone like yourself would say this :dontevengothere:
    It`s true. The swedish explosion had a knock on effect for everyone. The popularisation of techno meant that there were more clubs and in effect more gigs, etc. So really without it people that create (an albeit commercial?) buzz, it really does help us all, in a way.
    Otherwise, if it was all overly contemplative, nihilistic, nerds (like myself) then it wouldn`t be the scene it was at it`s height.
    Admittedly it did collapse in on itself, but only really because of the sea of imitators.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    You listen to jazz?! Holy ****, you must be right about Beyer then.

thank you.

BOA Lifetime Member

I think your all gay, for only I am the true master, as I listen to, and fully appreciate and understand the fabulous breathing sounds of Bob Anal in his iron lung, and the remixes done by none other than Slip Digby where he reduces the entire 54 song catalogue of Bobs discography into one succint 0.13 second re-interpretation that is essentially the beginning of a fart produced by a very rare Patagonian dung warbler Yak, carefully compressed in a 54 stage hand wound mangle.

Therefore.

I am right.

Puny humans.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

M.O.D.

bob anal f***ing rocks! he invented jeff mills!

BOA Lifetime Member

think your all gay, for only I am the true master, as I listen to, and fully appreciate and understand the fabulous breathing sounds of Bob Anal in his iron lung, and the remixes done by none other than Slip Digby where he reduces the entire 54 song catalogue of Bobs discography into one succint 0.13 second re-interpretation that is essentially the beginning of a fart produced by a very rare Patagonian dung warbler Yak, carefully compressed in a 54 stage hand wound mangle.

Therefore.

I am right.

Puny humans.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk
    bob anal f***ing rocks! he invented jeff mills!
    Yes, using nothing other than trained eyelid muscle control, and 3 years worth of eyebrow dandruff collected in his tearduct.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast