Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Ultimate Freak

beyer is one of the best techno producers the world will ever see ... i'm shure that makes him important to techno as a whole!
    JUNE 19TH - TECHNO MANCUNIA ... JULY 10TH JEFF MILLS @SANKEYS ... JULY 18TH MARK EG & FRIENDS (GLENN WILSON) ... JULY 25TH SQUARE FESTIVAL (BILLY NASTY & NEIL LANDSTRUM)

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Mucky Beats
    beyer is one of the best techno producers the world will ever see ...
    bah :roll:

The Demon Beast

Important Influence

Kraftwerk
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

M.O.D.

the point of this never-dying-thread was not to provoke an adam beyer lovefest...influence can mean a lot of things. not all are good. the oil industry has a huge influence on all our lives, but how many people think that is a good thing?

saying adam beyer has been influential doesn't mean you love him and it doesn't even mean you need to like his music.

the people dissing him though offer the strongest argument that he has been influential...if he was insignificant, no one would care...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    damn glenn! way to bring the thread back just to say "i told you so" ;) snyway bro, i kno i am being rough on yer boy, but i am just trying to challenge these kids to be creative about what they consider "important influence"
    yea i hear ya, but the argument is how important was he or is he, popularity moves people to cloning in an influencial way, thats not his fault, but most loved are always most hated because it brings out the challenge in people while they rise to such status, same with all the mills threads ive read on here. but i tell ya people who slag mills, ya wanna try to make that stuff its harder than ya think, bells is a classic example i mean that track ****in rocks out but when ya listen to the elements its nothing until you have a bash yaself and then you realise how hard it is. belive me you can be as rough as ya want on beyer "he aint my boy" but none the less i think his rise at the time was a refreshing point for the scene, and i do believe its needed again. i think we all have to dig a little deeper...

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroes
    yea i hear ya, but the argument is how important was he or is he, popularity moves people to cloning in an influencial way, thats not his fault, but most loved are always most hated because it brings out the challenge in people while they rise to such status, same with all the mills threads ive read on here. but i tell ya people who slag mills, ya wanna try to make that stuff its harder than ya think, bells is a classic example i mean that track **** rocks out but when ya listen to the elements its nothing until you have a bash yaself and then you realise how hard it is. belive me you can be as rough as ya want on beyer "he aint my boy" but none the less i think his rise at the time was a refreshing point for the scene, and i do believe its needed again. i think we all have to dig a little deeper...
    :clap: :clap: :clap:
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

for my techno is very timportant.. i like all his production,ale early Drumcode stuff and more minimal stuff he§s doing today,,., his dj skills is fantastic,. question is,,where techno would be without him??
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

BOA Lifetime Member

for my techno is very important.. i like all his production,.all early Drumcode stuff and more minimal stuff he§s doing today,,., as a DJ he is fantastic, i§ve heard him several time and i was impressed,.,always,.. question is,,where techno would be without Adam Beyer??
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

BOA Lifetime Member

shit

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by BloodStar
    shit

Ultimate Freak

good points glenn, i am the king of the generalization round these parts and i freely admit it, but c'mon guys the "swedish revolution"?! i will never forgot the first time i read that on here lol. i got a little girl i know in sweden and she has been laughing her head off about this. MUSPRUTT to the over compressed bongo loops ;)

anyway like those acid techno heads are always saying: "i'll get my coat".

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789