Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new track.....

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah i might do that tommorow actually... might not haha...

thanks tho, appreciated dude
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldbugger
    not what i'm into at all so shouldn't really comment...
    BUT, has to be said.. this does kick some arse.

i dont go in for that dark stuff at all but this really does sound different.

perhaps its because i dont go out of my way to listen to stuff like this, but i hear you all going on about trying something different but nothing i hear on here really does. but this is to me. well done for making something new scott.

like i said though..perhaps its coz i don't hear a lot of stuff like this...or is that because there isn't stuff like this out there? i dunno. even so.. sounds very new and fresh to me.

reminds me of mike tyson...dark and hard :lol:
    You just listening to the wrong music mate.
    If you like stuff like this, then don`t look at at techno.
    The industrial and dark electronica scene is full of this type of stuff, also try Ant-Zen, and in fact, I`ve got a new label starting in september devoted entirely to this kind of stuff. It`s really nothing new. but I like it.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

i think he maybe just lookin in the wrong places as u said...

glad u liked it tho, might send it to a few peeps see what happens....
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

oldbugger

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass

perhaps its because i dont go out of my way to listen to stuff like this, but i hear you all going on about trying something different but nothing i hear on here really does. but this is to me. well done for making something new scott.

like i said though..perhaps its coz i don't hear a lot of stuff like this...or is that because there isn't stuff like this out there? i dunno. even so.. sounds very new and fresh to me.

The industrial and dark electronica scene is full of this type of stuff, also try Ant-Zen, and in fact, I`ve got a new label starting in september devoted entirely to this kind of stuff. It`s really nothing new. but I like it.
    like i said. its not what i'm into. not a fan of dark stuff at all to be honest and don't really have any intentions really listening to much of it either.

This was just a track i saw on here that seemed to be different to other stuff i have heard and thought i should say.

i can appreciate music that i don't like ( if you know what i mean) doesnt really mean i'm going to go out and hunt it all down

appreciate the links to the tracks you just sent me dirty bass but it isn't really my cup of tea (sorry) nice tracks but just doesn't float my boat.. its far too moody. Although i do prefer this track by scott seems to kick a bit more.

i think you maybe missunderstood.

maybe it should go on your new label?

BOA Lifetime Member

good stuff scott, definitley more different than what i've heard from you

BOA Lifetime Member

cheers dude

BOA Lifetime Member

I like this one mate like the style and mood of the track.

BOA Lifetime Member

;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass

like i said. its not what i'm into. not a fan of dark stuff at all to be honest and don't really have any intentions really listening to much of it either.

This was just a track i saw on here that seemed to be different to other stuff i have heard and thought i should say.

i can appreciate music that i don't like ( if you know what i mean) doesnt really mean i'm going to go out and hunt it all down

appreciate the links to the tracks you just sent me dirty bass but it isn't really my cup of tea (sorry) nice tracks but just doesn't float my boat.. its far too moody. Although i do prefer this track by scott seems to kick a bit more.

i think you maybe missunderstood.

maybe it should go on your new label?
    It`s a bit too techno for what I`m after.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

I'm glad to see that you do have the EVIL inside of you as well Scott!!!! I'm not so tops on the R2D2 sounding sample, but overall very nice indeed. Of course I like this quite well since it's probably the darkest thing I've heard from you. So please keep it EVIL just as you did here!!!

BOA Lifetime Member

its the darkest thing ive done id agree.... enjoyed doing it alot aswell, got another underway already as always... i really do try and do as much as i can genre wise as i enjoy all sorts of electronic music, just did a, admittedly, cheesy electro/house number with my mate Brendan too haha... totally different to this...

thanks anyway dude

BOA Newbie

Nice, sick sorta Regis sounding in a way... the way I like it

Was gonna say the bass was a little overpowering but then I noticed the updated link :roll: I also need monitors! so I cant really comment on sound quality at the mo' :lol:

Love the subtle vocal that comes in around 2 mins.

Sweet..

BOA Lifetime Member

muchos thanks dude ;)

Ultimate Freak

This is cool but there is something that strikes me as odd..

The bassline is such that it sounds like the entire track is one really long intro that never quite drops in. I would eq the bassline up higher in the harmonic freqs and add some sub bass to the kick so that you can leave the bassline in for less time and when its not playing you would still have bass in the track.

The reason it strikes me in this way is because the only hook in there is the bass, and it just keeps repeating... if you had another melody or lead line ontop it may work differently.. but right now, it seems like one long intro.

Either that or make more bass patterns and only keep the one you have for a little while..

BOA Lifetime Member

well i get what u mean but i dunno il probably leave it how it is, i might have a home for it too now and they really love it so fingers crossed...

thanks tho, il definately bear it in mind and might change it this week i dunno..

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by xfive
    This is cool but there is something that strikes me as odd..

The bassline is such that it sounds like the entire track is one really long intro that never quite drops in. I would eq the bassline up higher in the harmonic freqs and add some sub bass to the kick so that you can leave the bassline in for less time and when its not playing you would still have bass in the track.

The reason it strikes me in this way is because the only hook in there is the bass, and it just keeps repeating... if you had another melody or lead line ontop it may work differently.. but right now, it seems like one long intro.

Either that or make more bass patterns and only keep the one you have for a little while..

Yeah I thought that concerning it sounds like a long intro but I think it suits it,would be good for mixing,creating energy and tension me thinks

BOA Lifetime Member

thats it the gloves are off Scotty lad im going home when footballs finished to make a similer track(the first time youve inspired me :lol: )

BOA Lifetime Member

haha first time ive inspired anyone mate it has to be haha

i quite like it how it is hopefully itl see the light of day

BOA Lifetime Member

hey,
    this one sounds very nice.. even i wouldn't expect something so dark and broken from you,,,,anyway,,,,sounds really nice to me,,... production part of thing sounds well,,even i think something little more in hi mid could be added, maybe some hars perc edits,,or whatever,.,,..

nice as it is,,even i guess you still could do more with it,... nice1
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

BOA Newbie

Really not into this one at all, production is average and the content is seriously lacking.... just a 3 note bass line containing a diminished fifth to sound scary thrown together with lacklustre drum programming. More Houston we have a problem samples. Couldnt danceto it. Not into it one bit sorry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast