Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: shranz

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer
    Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    ROLOTHFLMAOFATFJTYJPONBOADTD!

que?
    MOL!

Prince Of Warthogs

ROLOTHFLMAOFATFJTYJPONBOADTD!

que?

ahhhh now i get it....
    you show your appreciation for a post you just type a random selection of letters.!!?....... ie:
    hbvaldfvlhadvlhadf b

meaning:
    i laughed so much i nearly sh@t myself.....

it's a bit like deliberately allowing the automatic dictionary in your phone to make up nonsense text messages for you......hilarious

ah the humour of it all
    love your mum

BOA Lifetime Member

but why have i got to touch a wall at night?
    i don't get it
    Ask Ian McKaye. Words were taken out of context for the song. But, reading this thread, that particular part of the song just kept running through my head.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

BOA Lifetime Member

ahhhh now i get it....
    you show your appreciation for a post you just type a random selection of letters.!!?....... ie:
    hbvaldfvlhadvlhadf b

meaning:

it's a bit like deliberately allowing the automatic dictionary in your phone to make up nonsense text messages for you......hilarious

ah the humour of it all
    Stung

Hands up. I got lazy. I let the standards slip. I think i've learned my lesson.

I had intended it to be a post-modern jibe at the modern craze of conversing in the latest text messaging lingo.

Prince Of Warthogs

ahhhh now i get it....
    hbvaldfvlhadvlhadf b

meaning:

ah the humour of it all
    Stung

Hands up. I got lazy. I let the standards slip. I think i've learned my lesson.

I had intended it to be a post-modern jibe at the modern craze of conversing in the latest text messaging lingo.

yep ....time to listen to some new ringtones i just downloaded
    yipee!
    love your mum

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by GothamGrooves.com
    I dont consider the production liebing or wilson put out the same as Amok or OBI. Maybe Schranz is not the best word to use but I would not classify it as just hard techno.
    I am curious as to why even classify anything?

I used to collect insects and classify them

How do artists benefit from classification?

Why would you even attempt to classify something - you hear a sound and you either like it or you don't... you either understand where it comes from or you don't - you can classify things ad infinitum but at the end of the day you are either going to understand the sound or not - if you don't understand the sound but know the classification that is not going to help you much.

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by RIOTSOUND
    I used to collect insects and classify them

How do artists benefit from classification?
    You collected insects and youre a writer?
    I was too busy racking spyder jackets and north faces :lol:
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

Also, if we cannot put Glenn Wilson and OBI in the same category... i think there is a big problem... What are we trying to do? build a big filing cabinet for music? That's for office dorks not musicians to worry about

I mean... ROCK N ROLL is Just Rock N Roll... Hip Hop is Hip-Hop... and yet those genres are often much more diverse than electronic music... But in electronic music we somehow need to have 80 subgenres?

Does it come from the fact that DJs can't learn to beatmatch or be creative with different elements of pretty much the same thing?

So the DJ's excuse is... "OH... that's not techno...Yea, its Shranz.." WTF LOL

Always remember... when someone hands you a mix and tells you what it is... it will always suck.. at least 99% of the time it will suck

If someone hands you a CD and says... this is my Acid Techno CD or This is my Shranz CD or this is my Detroit Techno CD... it will always suck.

Junior Freak

I collected insects when I was like 10...

By the time I turned 18 I was an expert in Credit Card fraud... so we have something in common :lol:

Supreme Freak

By the time I turned 18 I was an expert in Credit Card fraud... so we have something in common :lol:
    maybe u should stick to credit card fruad casue there are like 30 sub genres of rock n roll jazz hip hop any other genre of music. Sorry if im coming off harsh but i think u missed that point. I collect womens underware and hang them from the rafters in my dungeon i also am in the PTA and have written Irish Poetry of like like of Shamus Heany and Anne Hartigan did i mention i was in Ireland for the Troubles....

Well now let's all classify me this that and the other thing, but music is music it's expression one can view each style differently. I use to love that AMok OBI Wittenkind stuff i never said okay this is a new genre of music casue people been doing that before them. The French The Dutch etc... But i just think that each artist deserves respect and the genre deserves credit for pushing limits,

O boy im drunk and going to hear some shit...

The Demon Beast

ya
    Is Shaz still writin with Bes?
    Wetworks

Junior Freak

Name 3 sub genres of hip-hop? Shit, name 2... I never knew any existed... but hey what do I know?.. I have only been listening and following it for almost 2 decades... I must have missed something.. did they come out with a new book or something?

i don't think you are coming off harsh at all... why would I care how you come off? I only care how I come off

You think artists deserve credit... and you suggest we give it to them by sticking them in a sub-genre?

That is kinda backwards don't you think?

Like... "Well, we won't say you are a Techno Pioneer.. But hell, if you really want we'll say you are a Shranz Genuis!!, Yea, Shranz, thats it!!..you are a Shranz pioneer!" WTF

Pretty stupid if you ask me... sounds more like you are taking credit away than giving it.

I gave up credit card fraud about 7 years ago... never got caught once

Oh shit... I am from a different Riot... thats Riot Productions... i am RiotSound... But I know some of those kids...

I'll reply with this...

Supreme Freak

haha u guys are the jerks taggin up the venues then eh?

no wonder why it's so hard to book venues when u deface them!

Hip Hop and rap has to be broken down

u going tell me UK hip hop is the same as the southern gansta shit coming from the south in the USA? Come on bro.... Necro Cage is in the same class as Dr Octogon. Yeah i dig hip hop i havent been listening to music for 20 years but i can tell u that from a muscians stand point i would never put these artists in the same pannel.....

M.O.D.

how about techno start apeing hip-hop? let's get some bling-bling action going and create coast vs. coast or maybe sub-genre vs sub-genre beef to sell records. WOOOORRRRDDDD.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Junior Freak

Pete 'the pop music phenomenon' Waterman techno

As the man & talent behind the ultimate 2 unlimited, some may consider him the godfather of techno. A true underground hero :love:
    !!! POWER TO THE PEOPLE !!!

Junior Freak

I think it is all the same...

If it wasn't the artists would not collaborate with each other all the time the way they do...

The RZA, for examples, does beats for The Streets which is UK Hip-Hop...

Yes, the styles are different but that is the way it should be... I think that is what we call originality, not sub-genres

The artists always say they represent one thing - Hip-Hop ...yes, they also represent for their styles and locales but that is all within the big picture of Hip-Hop

Necro and Cage are Hip-Hop just like KRS One, Big Daddy Kane and Public Enemy are Hip-Hop, Just like Master P and C Murder are Hip-Hop, just like Eminem and Snoop Dogg are Hip-Hop, just like Wordsworth and Punchline are Hip-Hop...

Public Enemy employs the unique production of The Bomb Squad, yet I have never heard Hank Shoklee, Keith Shoklee or Chuck D say its somehow a different branch of Hip-Hop... Gangstarr's DJ Premier has a legendary and instantly recognizable production style.. yet he never says he represents for anything besides Hip-Hop...

I think overfocusing on Sub-Genres is one of the things that is killing originality in Electronic Music... I mean look at someone like Moby... the guy has produced things in every genre... from Speedcore to Chillout..

I find the whole Shranz thing rediculous... Just because someone refered that way to their own work does not mean we need to make a genre out of it... I think its just people who want to ride on someone else coattail...

Ultimate Freak

damn dude, who you? anyway WHAT HE SAID!

BOA Lifetime Member

I wonder if people like Max Matthews, and other pioneers of synthesis, popped the same shit, or were as concerned, about terms like "techno" that were not the same as what they used similar to how anal people get about the term "schranz" here.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

The Demon Beast

Sub genre's of hip hop...
    Crunk is not Hip Hop
    Miami Bass is not hip hop
    Screwed is not hip hop
    But those are 3 sub genres of hip hop cause they are derivative of what Hip Hop is.
    Wetworks

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast