Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Supreme Freak

Default The worlds Youngest Dj is playing in Brum Techno

Youngest DJ
    DJ Llewellyn Owen, from London, UK, (aka DJ Welly) headlined at The Warp club in London, UK on May 1, 2000, when he was eight years and 70 days old. He was paid £125 (US$180) per hour - the standard rate for headlining. Before he was five years old, DJ Welly began experimenting with record decks, as his father was involved in the free party scene in the Northants area in England. People started giving Llewellyn their old records and he soon began to DJ to earn pocket money until he later turned professional. His family is baffled as to where Llewellyn gets his talent from as they are not involved in music. Llewellyn has four sisters and is home educated. He also attends drama school and is very creative. He has recently started composing music with two older girls and his father feels that fame and fortune beckons. Having headlined famous clubs such as The Ministry of Sound in London and played on national TV and radio, it is easy to see why!

this him?

goto thread: http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB...9b89287fcce9c8

[/url]

Administrator

i cant believe this little guy. i have soooooo much respect for him i cant begin to describe. when i first saw him djing i felt something i've never felt whilst watching a dj before. how someone this young can do what he's doing commands total and utter respect.

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

and he plays techno!!! respect to him for having such taste in music at such a young age.

Supreme Freak

I've got total respect for what he's doing. It takes alot of bottle to be able to get up behind the decks at such a young age at a club full of people.

Whilst I put the same post on Overloadmedia and they've done nothing but diss me for getting a kid to play in a club.

BOA Lifetime Member

one word = PURIST`S

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by techfunk02
    one word = PURIST`S
    I can't believe what they are saying. You'd think I was running a sweat shop.

Supreme Freak

one word = PURIST`S
    :? Stupid thing to say, it doesn't MEAN anything mate - you'll find a shit load more than techno being discussed on Overload.

@ Stuart, I'm sorry people are having a go on the Overload board, I think this party is in a really good cause - it just seems to have kicked off a debate about the sensibility of having an 8 year old kid playing in that environment. I can see from the set timing and your responses that you've been careful to shield him a little from the worst excesses, but others are just concerned about the concept thats all. Keep posting there Stuart, as you said yourself you've had sound people from OL come up and introduce themselves to you - it's a pity they haven't as been vocal in defending your intentions as those who are questioning them.

Supreme Freak

@ Stuart, I'm sorry people are having a go on the Overload board, I think this party is in a really good cause - it just seems to have kicked off a debate about the sensibility of having an 8 year old kid playing in that environment. I can see from the set timing and your responses that you've been careful to shield him a little from the worst excesses, but others are just concerned about the concept thats all. Keep posting there Stuart, as you said yourself you've had sound people from OL come up and introduce themselves to you - it's a pity they haven't as been vocal in defending your intentions as those who are questioning them.
    Yeah they can debate about it I have no problem with that, but they were bringing my conscience up in the debate, my judgment and integrity and also they were debating in such away that it sounded like I was picking a kid out of no where who had never been in a club before and throwing him into the lions den. I ended up the focus of their debate.
    I wouldn't put a child in any danger he is going to be well look after, his parents are going to be there, they wouldn't allow him to play in clubs if he was in any danger, It's all very well supervised and has to be. He plays all over the place. this is something they do regularly.[/quote]

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    I wouldn't put a child in any danger he is going to be well look after, his parents are going to be there, they wouldn't allow him to play in clubs if he was in any danger, It's all very well supervised and has to be. He plays all over the place. this is something they do regularly.
    Appreciated, I hope the night goes really well for Childline, you, and DJ Welly :)

Ultimate Freak

saw the little fella on blue peter or somthing a few years back
    jimmah!

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Jimfish
    saw the little fella on blue peter or somthing a few years back
    did they give him a badge.

Administrator

stu you have my support m8. what a great cause. don't worry about those silver-spooned mummy's boys who slag you. i don't see them getting up off their asses trying to change things for the better.

GOD dont purists just SUCK!?!!?!!?!?!!

I'm sure they're not the type of people you want in your party anyway.

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah **** em mate, its a good cause.

was speaking to John, the sound technician bloke at atomic jam he said that he was working there too

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    don't worry about those silver-spooned mummy's boys who slag you.
    I hope you're not referring to everyone on the OL board with that - I built the site, and no silver spoon has been in my mouth.

Anyway, again, good luck with the night.

Ultimate Freak

dj welly, he won a dj contest in my area . hes well cool. its a good job i wasnt in it, i would have thrashed him :lol:

:arrow: a serious point though, how does he get passed door security :?:

Administrator

not at all mate.. the overload board has some really sound ppl on it.

no no...

i meant the idiots that are giving stu the hard time.

to be honest i haven't been over and seen what this is all about. perhaps i should do. it's just beyond me how people could give someone a hard time for putting on a free party.

BOA Lifetime Member

innit, he is getting off his arse to put a party on for a good cause & getting hassle for it, i just don`t understand???

Supreme Freak

innit, he is getting off his arse to put a party on for a good cause & getting hassle for it, i just don`t understand???
    That's exactly how I felt after getting bombarded with stupid questions.
    You start to think why do I bother.
    I do it because of my love for the music, and whilst we're out enjoying ourselves there are people less fortunate out there that aren't, so our events combine the 2 you can go out enjoy yourself and do something at the same time to help someone that can't help themselves, all our events people can bring a food donation for the homeless which goes to St Basils homeless shelter in Birmingham on the Monday Morning. This one is a special one, that CHildline asked us to do on their behalf, but you can still bring a food donation for the homeless.

Supreme Freak

Was a wicked night at Inukshuk on Friday, DJ Welly impressed to hell out of every one there. He also loved playing. It was quite amazing watching him stood on his beer crates playing.

Supreme Freak

Here's a shoot of DJ Welly From Fidays Inukshuk. There's a whole load of other photo's on our website of the whole night www.inukshuk.org.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast