Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by eyes without a face
    my point was that im just a bit fed up of people who say "yeah i did this in ableton with the loops etc"... no offence, but so what!? i was under the misconception that this was the "techno production filez" section and not the "techno production software in use snapshot" section...
    I haven't seen anyone do that besides the one post in this thread.

Ultimate Freak

guys guys guys lol

lets not get caught up with the shenannigans lol

mirsha has used them in a jamming/live sense & scott has used them in a production sense..

all is good :lol:

the way i see Live... its a repacement for multiple turntables or modules. insted of havin 3 dex, some fx boxes on a send from a big dj mixer & a groovebox & cd deck, u have a contained unit.

i'm really a huge fan of what Live has done for music. it does exactly what it says on the box... L I V E :lol:

scott, lol, dont be so hard on the Ableton peeps. theres nowt wrong with bangin some loops in & jammin for a few hours with a big grin ;)

though i know what youre saying.. seems the world has gone Live..

but, 'you can't stop progress' :lol:
    featured on VOICES Vol 1 - TEMPL8R.1 - V/A - AVAILABLE SEPT

BOA Lifetime Member

as ive explained in msn mate, its not something thats limited to this board... i should of explained that my apologies...

im just a bit fed up people coming across with the "look what ive got" attitude instead of the "look what ive done" attitude

tis all gravy tho, horses for courses!
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Ultimate Freak

tis indeed gravy scott ;)

you are right though. you've linked your track. and i am well impressed with what you've done with me loopz. put to fine use if i do say so muself..

its time for some live jams to be made available imo :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

:lol: WTF

So the tune then.......

good production and nice groove sounds pretty tribaly and danceble.

Supreme Freak

I couldn't be bothered recording any of the mixes I did out the back end of those loops, it's just too ****ing hard to keep them all happy together without any fine degree of EQ control over them (not to mention the fact trying to keep a firm idea of what EQ is set to what when there are four EQ's you can't see). Some off the beats are offset slightly in the loops which produces a frumpy sound and the level of some of them are a bit different which makes tweaking sometimes neccesary which is a pisser to do without a preview option.

In the end I didn't see any real point in posting up a resulting jam, I wasn't playing about with them to do anything serious, I was playing about with them because I could. Because I asked myself what would happen if I did that, what if I did this and this and so on. With Ableton I've not played about with using it as a live tool at all really, it's all either been Rewired through Reason to tweak tracks a bit or just taking whole wav's of mp3s for mixing up as I'm pish on vinyl and sometimes you do want to just yank out a decent mix for once.

And as for the "It's the techno filez forum" comment. Yeah it is. Look at Pete's first post, there are some files. There rest of the thread is discussion about them.

BOA Lifetime Member

:roll:
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Ultimate Freak

no no no... ppl, wheres the love eh ;)

anyways, mirsha, i know you aint doing it for nowt other than some sport, but.. ahmm.. see if ya have a wee jam again, would u try & record & just link me to it ? or i'll even link ya to web space...

man, i'm busting to hear what ya done with them.. jus buzzes me with the idea of someone else doing s**t i never even thought of with me own muck lol

seriously though, i'd really dig it if ya could sort me with even just an ickle section... i wanna hear what other people shoot with my ammo lol

oh, and after seein that screenshot, ive got LIVE on a torrent..

good work fella ;)

The Demon Beast

Scott I hate to pull your card but it seems like you are standing on a pedalstal preaching on this one.
    Regardless of whether you would like to admit it or not you are preaching to the choir. Let him do his thing why hate?
    Really wouldnt want to consider you a hater b.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

u take things far too seriously and deeply at times mate, preaching to the choir?

im giving my opinion on a piece of software, and more central the type of user this software seems to have bred

geez

BOA Lifetime Member

how can u figure that i have an emotion as strong as hate for someone judging by those posts?

dont try and read into something thats not there mate, please..

The Demon Beast

hater - figure of speech
    i dont read too far into anything posted like that its obvious in the open man
    Wetworks

BOA Lifetime Member

whats obvious then? i dont hate the software, i quite like it when used correctly infact, but as already explained, i find most people who use ableton for whatever purpose be it production, live etc are always those who tend to be "oh i did this, i was playing blinding doing this"... but never show what they've done, even if it is only for fun, well even better! get it up, let us hear, if u can b bothered posting up a screenshot and description surely its no trouble to record what youve done?

as i said, ur reading something thats not there... its not thing personal, i dont even know Mirsha to say hi to on msn or the like so how could it be...

even pete agreed, if someones doing something instead of just telling us about it, show us!

The Demon Beast

i quite like it when used correctly infact,
    So only when you use it it's the correct way
    thats so objective
    Wetworks

The Demon Beast

Probably mad cause someone posted an idea in your thread and got all butt hurt that in your eyes someones trying to steal your sunshine.
    Wetworks

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    i quite like it when used correctly infact,
    So only when you use it it's the correct way
    thats so objective
    again mate your jumping the gun, the comment says "when used correctly".. it didnt mention my usage of the program, ive never said i owned it or use it

The Demon Beast

so then how would you know the right or "wrong" way to use what you dont have experience with.
    I rest my case
    Wetworks

BOA Lifetime Member

Probably mad cause someone posted an idea in your thread and got all butt hurt that in your eyes someones trying to steal your sunshine.
    :?:

highly confusing, im starting to think u just want to argue this one out...

put ur dummy back in mate geez

The Demon Beast

How is jamming with live wrong?
    My dummy, You calling me stupid?
    Wetworks

BOA Lifetime Member

so then how would you know the right or "wrong" way to use what you dont have experience with.
    I rest my case
    ur case? ur not a lawyer dude.. if u were ud be a terrible one...

the debate wasnt about the correct usage, the correct usage of a piece of software is a personal opinion, ive never said "this is the right way, or thats the right way" ive merely gave my views on it from the experience ive had with it, i used it very briefly, but have seen it IN use on many occasions

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast