Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default Track made with Pete's loops

hey people just thought id post up a track ive been doing out of the wonderful loops Pete's been posting up

hard, slamming track here

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scott..._Donaldson.mp3

hope u enjoy Pete
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Ultimate Freak

:clap:

brilliant... good work fella... EXACTLY what these loopz are for

cheers scott
    featured on VOICES Vol 1 - TEMPL8R.1 - V/A - AVAILABLE SEPT

BOA Lifetime Member

no problems dude, glad u like it, im quite enjoying it i must say....

fantastic loops mate seriously, i think i used about 5 or 6 out of the 80 uve done so il definately work with a few more when ive finished this off this week sometime...

upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

BOA Lifetime Member

top tune that i must say,the production on that is niceeee.

keep on bangin them out son!
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

BOA Lifetime Member

cheers Frank

BOA Lifetime Member

i will have a listen tomorrow fo sho! i :love: them loops. superb quality! i might feel tempted to have a go as well

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by loopdon
    i will have a listen tomorrow fo sho! i :love: them loops. superb quality! i might feel tempted to have a go as well

please do loopdon.. i'd love to hear some of your huge arsenal of vst's put into combat with my loops

BOA Lifetime Member

I'll have to peep this out tomorrow for sure. Pete, you make soem well nice loops. I would like to use them in Ableton for a multiple Locked groove sort of set I'm working on too. I'll lace you with my loops as well once I have a set finished. You have inspired me to do so.

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by messanger
    I'll have to peep this out tomorrow for sure. Pete, you make soem well nice loops. I would like to use them in Ableton for a multiple Locked groove sort of set I'm working on too. I'll lace you with my loops as well once I have a set finished. You have inspired me to do so.
    mother trucker ableton eh :cry:
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Supreme Freak

I was playing with Pete's loops as well on Friday. But this is what I did.

Each channel had an EQ Three on it, the send returns had auto filters on them. I just jammed five loops together at once in a mega mashup and ended up playing with it for a few hours. Only shitty thing was without a MIDI controller there is no way to have analogue conrtol over stuff to a satisfactory degree, as binding keys to stuff just switches them from one extreme of the dial to the other so I could only use it to kill the freqs suddenly.

Was still a good laugh though, some of the loops dont' go well together and the beats are a bit off and I couldn't be bothered checking every loop and fixing it either, most of them work fine.

Ultimate Freak

bloody 'ell mirsha... way to go :clap: :clap: :clap:

thats why i made 'em

and yep, there are a few cheeky quantizations in there lol

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by messanger

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

good man

BOA Lifetime Member

sorry but i find the whole "just lump them into Ableton" approach very lazy indeed.... fair enough if ur just messing about and playing some loops live but i think to make a good track out of them u need to sit down and work out which go together well and not to load every single loop up, i used about 5 in that track and it has alot of effect, still leaving me with around 75 loops to play with!

just my opinion of course

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by eyes without a face
    sorry but i find the whole "just lump them into Ableton" approach very lazy indeed.... fair enough if ur just messing about and playing some loops live but i think to make a good track out of them u need to sit down and work out which go together well and not to load every single loop up, i used about 5 in that track and it has alot of effect, still leaving me with around 75 loops to play with!

just my opinion of course
    And as we all know your opinion is law
    meanwhile
    lot of people are using able ton to produce as well these days, not to mention some would call fruity lazy too.
    Wetworks

BOA Lifetime Member

my opinion isnt law mate no, but u may think that if u want ;)

of course people are using Ableton... and yeah of course Fruity is lazy, all sequenced electronic music is lazy up to a degree... but all i seem to find from people who use Ableton is "ohh i was doing this, i was doing that"... yeah sweet... but where's the track? where's the finished product?

the proof is in the pudding [/b]

BOA Lifetime Member

I couldn't be bothered checking every loop and fixing it either

that says it all for me really! :roll:

The Demon Beast

exactly and the pudding hasnt been posted in time enough to be called lazy has it when you have not heard the end result no?
    bottom line is why knock another mans effort. philip glass can call all of us lazy and composer can classify us as lazy
    Wetworks

BOA Lifetime Member

read the post, i didnt knock another mans effort... as u said, the effort isnt there to knock

Ultimate Freak

I think all he said he was doing was having a quick romp in Ableton with the loops just for fun.... I really don't see how that's lazy.... I did the same thing with the same loops the other day... and it was fun..
    Do I intend on making a track with them? No. Based on his post it doesn't seem he is going to either...

Geez you guys :roll: :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

gods sake boys, ur missing my point....

i did actually say in my post fair enough if ur just messing about and playing some loops live... so whats the problem?

my point was that im just a bit fed up of people who say "yeah i did this in ableton with the loops etc"... no offence, but so what!? i was under the misconception that this was the "techno production filez" section and not the "techno production software in use snapshot" section...

we all know what ableton looks like and works, if someones doing the tracks then i wanna hear them and not see the screenshot for it! and as Tony said, yeah the tracks not up to listen to, but the way i see it, if someone goes thru the effort to post up their methods with illustration and explanation, then why dont they put up any end product?

its baffling... its like a friend at school going "yeah ive got a new games console i cant wait for u to see it" then never inviting you round to play on it...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast