Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Ultimate Freak

damn bro, who are you?

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRev
    You just admitted to having followed the same formula i had laid out. You got into something else similar, then discovered techno and got into that. My main point was that these bridges are essential to our music surviving and gaining fresh blood.

If whoever/whatever turned you onto UR, Mills, Beyer etc came out to you and said, what you're listening to right now is garbage. You are a moron for listening to that complete and total crap, how can you listen to that garbage, what I listen to is SOOOO much better. Would you have been inclined to check it out? Maybe, but most people would just be like....uh yeh okay, you're whack, I'm gonna keep rockin out to what I like.

I never said it was a hard and fast rule that all people in techno got into it through trance / hard house /rave etc. But a LOT of people did. There are many bridges, don't matter which one you take, but we shouldn't be burning any. You gotta cross the river somehow and this world doesn't have too many swimmers.
    you make a ton of sense.

i really enjoy arguing about techno, but it's important to always remember that what we write on here are opinions, and if there was an easy "true" answer to any of these things, there'd be no need for us to blab on about them...

i may think that there's a lot wrong with techno nowadays, but i'm fully aware this is just one man's opinion, and not for everyone. besides, one of my best friends out here is a cybertrance dj. i don't care for it, but he probably doesn't care for my techno records either. we still play each other music, we still hang out all the time. life's too short to base your existence around making yourself feel better by trying to out-snob other people...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tocsin
    I'm just curious if anyone here can honestly say that don't use loops since, when you program a measure with a 4/4 909 beat with some tweaky synth over the top that you only adjust with a cutoff, modulation, etc., and you repeat that measure anywhere from 4-32 times before introducing much variation, you are using a "loop." I've not heard many pop music artists that don't use loops, riffs, hooks, whatever you want to call it. I really enjoyed techno a lot more when the artists didn't seem so pompous.
    Boring.
    Man, your posts have been a complete pain in the neck to read in this thread.

Administrator

did anyone actualy read what dirty_bass wrote about staying on topic or does what the mods of this forum say mean f all??

cause if so you know what you can do. :dontevengothere:

come on let's get back on track here.

;)

Ultimate Freak

way to flex that muscle there mark :lol:

maybe lock this monstrosity of a thread

BOA Lifetime Member

Not before I give the man who this thread is about the props he deserves :clap:
    All I have ever seen him as is a humble person who makes great music and it is a bad thing that he has made this decision.

I think I understand what he feels about the way techno is and as I say its sad news that its effected him in a way where he whants to get out of it.

To be honest tho I wish he would take the advice of Deaf(cause it seemed like advice to me even tho he can be a little tuff in the way he goes about saying it)and do somthing about the state he sees the sceene and do somthing with the negative things he sees and use it to fight for the music he is so so good at making.

Anyways 10 clap smilys for CMC :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindful
    Anyways 10 clap smilys for CMC :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    for chris!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunil
    Boring.
    Man, your posts have been a complete pain in the neck to read in this thread.
    If my posts are so boring and dificult to comprehend here, don't pain yourself in reading them. They probably weren't meant for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    did anyone actualy read what dirty_bass wrote about staying on topic or does what the mods of this forum say mean f
    all??
    cause if so you know what you can do. dontevengothere
    come on let's get back on track here.
    You aren't implying that moderators completely dictate conversation here, ar you Mark? The thing is, this thread hasn't really gone off course at all. It's all been in response to a certain artist's words that are up here on page 1. In the real world, not everyone is going to hear your music. I haven't heard this guy's music. But, even if I had, I don't have to respect a speech/excuse that is a cliche of techno snobs. So he cut some records? Doesn't mean there's any more weight in his statement or more room for snobbery. That's all I've seen in his words there. So, seriously, if your telling me that I must applaude someone because they wrote some tracks, even though they also made derogatory statements in their good-bye speech, well, then you know what you can go do with yourself as well. Respect is earned, not demanded. You don't earn respect by dishing out disrespect.

Seriously, on a general note which I'll just continue in another thread if anyone else bothers to raise it, this board has had an overwhelming presence of snobbery over the past month or so. Maybe I just didn't notice it initially. But, damn, if this is how it all goes down with a lot of you, you might want to read what Rev said again when you wonder why things look down. I don't go to NYC "techno" events anymore because I got pretty fed up with such horseshit many years ago. Shame to see it's a global thing.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk
    for chris!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    Indeed.

I'd love if he re-considered his position or made a 'comeback' at some stage in the future. If not then I hope that he reaches the top of his game somewhere else, like he's done in techno.

Either way, here's to all the amazing music he's made and the impact he's had on the scene
    :clap: :clap: :clap::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    maybe lock this monstrosity of a thread
    And the Regis one in the Dark forum. I think people stopped debating Regis on page 3 and it's now up to like 24 pages or something stupid.

BOA Lifetime Member

If my posts are so boring and dificult to comprehend here, don't pain yourself in reading them. They probably weren't meant for you.
    They're meant for the whole board, and I think you've been shite talking to be perfectly honest. In the context of something else then perhaps your opinions are valid, here they are are just cluttering up the thread :dontevengothere:

In the real world, not everyone is going to hear your music. I haven't heard this guy's music. But, even if I had, I don't have to respect a speech/excuse that is a cliche of techno snobs. So he cut some records? Doesn't mean there's any more weight in his statement or more room for snobbery. That's all I've seen in his words there.
    You're blabbering on for endless pages in response to an artist whose music you haven't even heard? Maybe you should listen to some ;)

Ultimate Freak

Not before I give the man who this thread is about the props he deserves :clap:
    All I have ever seen him as is a humble person who makes great music and it is a bad thing that he has made this decision.

I think I understand what he feels about the way techno is and as I say its sad news that its effected him in a way where he whants to get out of it.

To be honest tho I wish he would take the advice of Deaf(cause it seemed like advice to me even tho he can be a little tuff in the way he goes about saying it)and do somthing about the state he sees the sceene and do somthing with the negative things he sees and use it to fight for the music he is so so good at making.

at least somebody knows tuff love when they see it. CmC, i ain't mad at ya or talking trash, when i am acting like a baby, the ppl who respect me tell me "hey man you are being a friggin' baby".

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunil
    They're meant for the whole board, and I think you've been shite talking to be perfectly honest. In the context of
    something else then perhaps your opinions are valid, here they are are just cluttering up the thread
    Like I said, if you can't understand it, it wasn't meant for you.

You're blabbering on for endless pages in response to an artist whose music you haven't even heard? Maybe you should
    listen to some
    You miss the point. It wouldn't matter if I thought his music was the greatest I'd ever heard. I still wouldn't applaud this goodbye speech. I'll just call it as I see it. It looks spiteful. I only blabber on about it in this particular forum/context since what he's said has been a frequently raised theme/topic here recently. I'm just tired of it. I'm tired of people not calling bullshit on it as well since the music we all love and create has much more to do with personal subjective taste than skill. At one point, I really loved the "techno" scene because this bullshit attitude just didn't exist. It was about making music for people to enjoy and, when it was played in the proper setting, if you didn't particularly like it, something else would be replacing it in anywhere from 2 minutes to an hour. As soon as fukcing dance music got snobby, it lost it's honesty.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

M.O.D.

the music we all love and create has much more to do with personal subjective taste than skill. At one point, I really loved the "techno" scene because this bullshit attitude just didn't exist. It was about making music for people to enjoy and, when it was played in the proper setting, if you didn't particularly like it, something else would be replacing it in anywhere from 2 minutes to an hour. As soon as fukcing dance music got snobby, it lost it's honesty.
    the snobbery has always been there, IMO. even when i started going to parties in detroit in the mid 1990s, it was really bad. but is a snob someone who personally dislikes some music because he or she doesn't consider it "refined," or someone who doesn't respect tastes or opinions he or she considers beneath theirs? i'm not sure myself, and think these differ in that the former respects others and the latter doesn't, so i'm asking...

BOA Lifetime Member

tocsin wrote:
    I'll just call it as I see it. It looks spiteful
    And if it did look spiteful, so what? Are you the techno police or something?

Sure, there's snobbery within techno, always has been... and as techno is becoming more fragmented, the snobbery will inevitably be rife.

In your book then, 'big' techno producers have a moral duty not to bring the whole thing down by speaking badly of certain things. Well if techno is so fragile that it can't take criticism from someone within its own camp then that's a pity. All this code of conduct thing you are demanding is absurd. Other producers' attitudes aren't going to turn me off techno, it's the music that'll do that; and if you are having such a big problem with C McC's words then I'd be asking yourself some questions. You've heard it so many times before? Poor you.

Why are people getting so defensive? I personally think techno is at its worst state since I first started listening to it, and I'll openly say it. However, I'm still looking towards the future and seeing what happens. People like Chris stepping out of the fold is a pity, but he's had enough, is pissed off and is blowing off a bit of steam like anyone who is pissed off would be.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910