Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    Chris McCormack needs a good shaking thats all.. ;)
    yea planck! shake 'im like a british nanny!

TO CHRIS:

NONE OF US ARE MAKING ANY MONEY. VINYL HAS BECOME A PROMOTIONAL MEDIUM. YES WE ALMOST ALL STILL NEED DAY JOBS.
    YES THE TECHNO INDUSTRY IS IN THE TOILET. THE QUESTION IS: WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? PACK UP YOUR TOYS AND GO HOME? WHY ANNOUNCE IT? IF YOU ARE GOING TO F UCK OFF THEN JUST F UCK OFF. FIRST CLAUDE AND NOW C.M. ...... I DO AGREE THAT IF YOU AIN'T DOING ANYTHING, IT IS TIME TO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY... BUT WHAT IS THIS "ANNOUNCING MY RETIREMENT" CRAP EVERYBODY IS PULLING THESE DAYS? NEWS FLASH: YOU AIN'T JORDAN AND THIS AIN'T THE NBA.

Junior Freak

:lol:

:clap:

BOA Newbie

I just want to make a couple of points..

I am not on a pedastal to be shot down, I am a normal, friendly and approachable person like the rest of you, I just happen to have released some techno records that made a few people round the world dance, maybe even whoop out loud, smile and talk. I am a bit embarressed really that a few are waiting with knives to start cutting me down, and for what? Releasing some techno records and then saying enough, blimey.

Sorry if some people think I am up to something by saying I quit. I dont mean anything dramatic by it, and I am not going to return in six months time. Please I really dont want an aggressive free for all, it is not worth it, but I am entitled to give an opinion on my own website.

See this is what I dont understand.. What if I was an opinionated person spending my spare time on internet forums giving out opinions rather than just getting on and making music.. What if, as an anonymous person behind a computer I then said exactly what I said on my website about how I saw techno music today.. Would some one jump down my throat and say "F*ck you Chris" to my face? Acidtrash what is deal? Would you be this aggressive to me if I wasnt a producer who is known?

Thank you so much to those who have just wished me luck, that is all thats needed really, none of this agressive F*ck off stuff. I dont deserve any of that, all I have done is try to make some good techno records in the time I have.

btw mosaic - I have never been here to make money from techno, I already said this. The fact I have has been a bonus. And when you ask what I am doing about it, the answer is a lot more over the years than you have masterbating on an internet forum.

Cheers, Chris.

BOA Lifetime Member

Dude, just cause you quit theres no need to start generalising and slagging off other peoples productions styles. There are PLENTY name DJ's out there who wait months to get their money from records and some BIG labels release stuff that doesn't break even and they keep at it cause they have the right attitude. What makes you so special?

BOA Lifetime Member

By the way, I would say all of that to anyone who came over as arrogant and self righteous as that.

Supreme Freak

Acidtrash, you're talking rubbish - find a horse, climb on, get off then pat yourself on the back.

Good luck to you Mr Mccormack!

Junior Freak

Default ...

i agree that it is a bit dramatic, but i also agree with chris' reasons for doing so, its nothing to do with techno being sterile, its big lables, producers and djs fault, good techno is out there, its up to producers & djs to work hard and get their music heard

chris has done enough, maybe he cant afford to lose much more money, its obviously alot more personal than the 'im fed up' vibe some ppl seem to have taken

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Re: ...

Quote Originally Posted by G-BO
    i agree that it is a bit dramatic
    What is?

Junior Freak

Default ...

suppose it was on his website

so exuse me, nothing dramatic :roll:

BOA Lifetime Member

what a shame

BOA Lifetime Member

acidtrash-your talking poop,was well out of order in my view,kickin the man when hes obviously down.good luck mr mcormack with whatever you choose to do and thanks for some serious quality over the years!!

Supreme Freak

Well it's a shame, he a good mate and made one of my all time favourite records - I salute him for having the balls.

I can see his point and I will defend his freedom to say what he wants to the death, what's with this bland bollocks and procaz outlook on here? It's bullshit, if you don't think all the crap that's been put out under the name of Techno then I suggest you give Prime a call, oh no - you can't can you!!!

What makes Chris special Acid, is his ****ing music, have heard it? Not may people get close to the level of detail Chris has and boy have I tried. Why are you taking this so personally, do you make Washing Machine Techno or something - have a word ;)

Take it easy Chris

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Erase Techno
    I just want to make a couple of points..

I am not on a pedastal to be shot down, I am a normal, friendly and approachable person like the rest of you, I just happen to have released some techno records that made a few people round the world dance, maybe even whoop out loud, smile and talk. I am a bit embarressed really that a few are waiting with knives to start cutting me down, and for what? Releasing some techno records and then saying enough, blimey.
    word, well, one guy got insulted by your statement, but most other people here just don't want you to stop making music, or don't agree with your rationale. that's not insulting...it's actually quite flattering, as it means people give a sh*t. some people are just more blunt about it than others.

but this is the third time someone has "quit" publicly, and i'm just cynical about that. personally, i think techno is something you can't quit. you either consume it, create it, whatever it...or you don't. and if you don't, that just happens cuz you lose interest, not the result of some epiphany. if you still post here, or you still go see mark or someone else spin, still sit down with whatever gear you have and mess around, or you still pick up records for personal consumption, then you're still in it.

you just don't want to be in the game no more...

...fair enough...

...maybe you'll get inspired to put more music out later on...or maybe not...best of luck either way...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Mod

Well im not happy. I like chris's style and attitude. I like his music. Hope you do some more music of whatever genre chris. (Am i right in thinking you used to be in a metal band????)

I still play out that embryo one you did, pleases every time. I understand your problems with techno, but i reckon your a musician so music will still be there for you.

Good Luck.

;)

As for the un-pleasant comments, people are entitled to their own opinions, others dont have to agree.

BOA Lifetime Member

Acidtrash u look an utter fool mate its gotta be said, one of the most talented producers to have come of age, and no doubt one of the best we'l see in techno, is leaving things and u cant even wish him goodluck? Even i agree the whole announcement thing is a tad OTT but ****s sake, the man's music really does speak for itself, and where has he slagged off peoples production styles? he's made it clear he is miffed at the current state of techno yeah, but who isnt? who doesnt moan? there are people on here who bang on about how shit techno is more so than someone like McCormack, who is, or was now it seems, actually trying and succeeding in adding a little something extra...

ive not checked this post all day until today and i must say even i, as a self confessed cunt, was shocked to see what you'd said... even if you dont like the mans music as a lover of techno you simply cannot fail to appreciate what Chris has done...

its like when Pete announced he was knocking it on the head, there were the same cynical posts, but at least we all wished him good luck and i dont see why it should be any different here, just because Chris is well known? as he said he's a normal, approachable guy just doing his thing, give him a break....

as i said earlier hopefully Chris will come back one day with an ep or some new music of some sorts
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Supreme Freak

I've got to pick you up on a couple of points here, look you can't map your emotions on someone else, Like Claude, I think the statement Chris has made is very touching and very brave for him to be so honest about how he feels, ****ing good on him.

I also believe that as artist shouldn't have to explain themselves, ever. **** that, we aren't living in some ****ing McDonalds advert where you are told what to feel and consume, we are talking about his true feelings and life here, you can't **** with that or tell him what to do or how he should feel. Claim and blame all you want but the guy is being total honest, just handle the truth and leave him alone...

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by eyes without a face
    as i said earlier hopefully Chris will come back one day with an ep or some new music of some sorts
    :clap:

WORD...and i do think he's still with us, just maybe in a different way...

but if he really moves away from techno, finds something else he likes more, then you'd have to be a di*kwad not to wish him the best all the same...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Ultimate Freak

good luck chris with whatever you decide to do.
    we're big fans in leeds and you'll be missed.

locked ep will be hammered at the darkside for months
    (and hopefully years to come)

ignore acidtrash, he's talking out of his clueless arse as usual.

Supreme Freak

Paul, I've been meaning to ask, how did you get a warning fella ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Good luck in the future chris, i'm still dropping your early releases and no doubt will continue.

Martin, I think paul was a very naughty boy and spoke his mind and got a warning :lol:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast