Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

pick me up on a couple of points? i hope not, nothing out of order from me... for a change haha
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Supreme Freak

shame to see someone as good as Chris packin it in....
    one of the first Techno records I bought was the one sided 'There are better ways' ('Its Time to get funky......So throw your hands up'...that one'
    And the Locked Ep is still the best tune ive heard all year....
    Good luck in whatever you do Chris....
    And if in the future you ever do get the urge to make some Techno again...dont hesitate thinkin you cant because people might slate you or shit.....just use an alias haha
    Good Luck

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Boy
    Martin, I think paul was a very naughty boy and spoke his mind and got a warning :lol:
    the mod in here didn't take too kindly to my description of the acid techno parties i've experienced. i was very -ve indeed and should maybe have made my comment in one of the other forums where said mod regularly slags everything off...

BOA Lifetime Member

Survival of the fittest. Honestly, I've grown a tad tired of hearing people bitch about how everything sucks just because, in the end, something they don't like has gotten more popular. If it's not about the money, the limelight, etc. then, for fuk's sake, get over yourself.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

BOA Lifetime Member

i did wonder what u got a warning for also haha thats explains that then :lol:
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Ultimate Freak

First off, I want to say good luck to Chris in whatever he chooses to do in the future. But in a sense I kind of have to call bullshit.

Chris, your view on the whole scene is 100% true but that should be the last thing that gets you down. Everytime I hear a shitty club record with the same tried-and-true formula it forces me to work harder and seek out even more & different sounds. It sucks the locked e.p. may have only sold a small number of copies but I ask; what about that small group of people who still see through the bullshit and look to fight mediocrity? If you claim you love something so much, I don't see how you can allow it to waste away.

I understand it's just techno and it's not worth consuming your entire life, but to keep it alive and the spirit alive by keeping it as a hobby is more than enough. I think any producer has lost money (even multiple times) on their favorite works in the past. It's a drag to put so much sacrifice and dedication into your music just to watch it bomb on the shelves and end up costing yourself cash in the process. The positive side is that once the music is out there it's eternal. It 400 people dig your track today or a DJ's child digs it 15 years from now, I think you've done your job.

Also, for someone who has been in the scene so long I'm sure you know the ropes but I'm surprised you haven't accepted it and come to terms. The fact is, your record probably would have done better had you done a hint of promotion. It's not 1992 anymore and things have changed. Even if all you want is your record in other people's hands, it takes work. This whole "avoiding the media, no interviews, no gigs" is a nice stance, but there's a downside and you've seen it. The odd interview here, the odd promotion there won't destroy your credibility or ruin your anonymous state. In any industry, that's a bad business move from the beginning. Just like marriage, this is part of the game that you have to deal with. You have to take the good with the bad. Sometimes in marriage you have to put up with a crabby wife/husband, or you have to go sit with their dreaded family for a weekend. It sucks, but it's vital to keep something amazing happening.

Chris, if you just aren't feeling the music anymore than I completely respect your opinion to leave. I think that's the right move for a lot of people in that position. If you're still very passionate about the music (which it seems you are) you should suck it up and try and help things change. Sometimes this means putting out more than a record here or there. In the end, nature sorts itself out. Techno is in a drought, and when it comes around full blast again the true heads and spirit will remain perfectly intact.

Supreme Freak

Chris good luck with your choice....

And i'm not even going to react on some replies over here!
    OUT NOW:
    - Orlando Voorn & Juan Atkins "Game One (Ritzi Lee remix)" on Nightvision.
    - Cybernetics EP on Labrynth (Beatport release)

OUT SOON:
    - Black Noiz on Labrynth (vinyl release)

BOA Lifetime Member

Holy Shit
    Good luck man, don`t be throwing your studio away, you can always re-apply to other musics if techno has killed you.

And I`m sure there will be plenty of techno labels begging you to make them tunes anyway, so there will be less financial risk for you.

Your words and motives have always seemed very honest, and showed passion for an artform, which I really do respect.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    Holy Shit
    Good luck man, don`t be throwing your studio away, you can always re-apply to other musics if techno has killed you.

And I`m sure there will be plenty of techno labels begging you to make them tunes anyway, so there will be less financial risk for you.

Your words and motives have always seemed very honest, and showed passion for an artform, which I really do respect.
    spot on DB :clap: :clap:
    Be Lucky!

Supreme Freak

Sometimes in marriage you have to put up with a crabby wife/husband

**** that....she'd be gettin sent straight down the clinic
    and id wanna know why she had crabs :lol: :roll:

BOA Lifetime Member

hahahaha @ Furness

:lol: :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

if you dont respect the mans music (which i find hard to believe) at least respect his desicion and the man himself. theyres no need for this 'hes a drama queen' horses*it.

Banned

well i say good luck to you mate and cheers for the tunes you've made,i for one will still be caining em!

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by basslinejunkie
    if you dont respect the mans music (which i find hard to believe) at least respect his desicion and the man himself. theyres no need for this 'hes a drama queen' horses*it.
    It wouldn't matter if I thought he made the greatest music ever. Don't "quit" with such a whiney public message where, like so many other jokers on this forum, the big gripe is lack of record sales and looped techno. Don't get defensive if you stand all wide while threatening to leave and some kid has the urge to kick you in the nuts. I'm just tired of seeing this dinosaur bullshit around here. Hate the music and the scene so much? Fine. If it's all you had, that really amounts to your own problem which, in the end, is most likely a result of your perspective and stubborness rather than any reality. Like I said, survival of the fittest. Whoever can't deal with it, well, don't expect me to really give a ****. Especially when a motivating reason seems to be that other peoples' crappy records are selling better than your own. That sounds like spite. Don't expect me to cheer or give praise when someone puts themself out to pasture because of spite.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

BOA Lifetime Member

ffs, can't people be cool and just wish him luck in his future rather than pick at every word the guy's said :roll:

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by eyes without a face
    pick me up on a couple of points? i hope not, nothing out of order from me... for a change haha
    Not you Eyes...

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by tocsin
    Survival of the fittest. Honestly, I've grown a tad tired of hearing people bitch about how everything sucks just because, in the end, something they don't like has gotten more popular. If it's not about the money, the limelight, etc. then, for fuk's sake, get over yourself.
    See the thing is, you don't know Chris or the path he's had to walk - if you did you'd problem keep your stupid comments to yourself. But feel free, dig yourself deeper

Supreme Freak

Who are they? The Chuckle Brothers? Keep your chrome plated self serving platitudes to yourself fella...

BOA Lifetime Member

It's like they say. "Don't go away mad. Just go away."

M.O.D.

how about everyone just take a deeeeeeeep breath here and count to 5? okay...now exhale...

tocsin's right that chris' words do seem a tad bitter...

...but it's his right to be if he wants to. hell, i'm bitter about a lot of things.

...and it's also his right to stop running a label or even stop making music if it's no longer fun or rewarding to him.

...i used to work in the film industry...i don't anymore cuz all the a**holes and bulls*** got me down on cinema...i lost my passion for it...

...but now i do something else, and i'm as into film as ever...

...so to chris...hope you find that taking a step back helps you reconnect with your passion for techno...

(and, for the third time, i don't think he's "quit" techno at all)
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast