Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Dust

See the thing is, you don't know Chris or the path he's had to walk - if you did you'd problem keep your stupid comments to yourself. But feel free, dig yourself deeper
    It doesn't matter if I know him or not. He walked away talking shit about a huge general group of people. Then, when he got called on it, he says people are waiting for him with knives drawn to take him down further. So, allow me to paraphrase, he could be my best mate, make the best music, etc. and I'd still think this going away message was straight up bullshit. "Techno is dead when MY best record doesn't sell and everyone is buying records with stolen loops and bongos. Especially after I've done so much to move things forward." Get over it. Get over yourself. Then deal. But, shoot your mouth off with a bunch of bullshit and expect to get called on it.

This would have been the better way:
    "Hey all. While my run in techno has been fun, it's time for me to move on to greener pastures. Thanks to all who supported me along the way and thanks for the memories."

Instead, a wide stance was taken that will be read by many as holier than thou.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

Supreme Freak

I'm totally cool, well chilled, drinking tea, smoking...how's you?

BOA Lifetime Member

Tocsin, try and respect Chris' comments as much as you would want people to respect yours.

M.O.D.

I'm totally cool, well chilled, drinking tea, smoking...how's you?
    :lol:

still at the office, so not so relaxed... :(

ANYWAYS...i do think most people are missing the boat here a bit...if chris makes good music, he won't just stop...he might pause, but he won't stop...and this is even more true if his reasons for stopping are because the industry has got him bitter...when he steps outside that for a while, it just won't bother him anymore...i know cuz that happened to me...and maybe then he'll come up with something really killer by looking for influence outside techno...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Supreme Freak

He's had enough and spoke his mind and I respect him for that, not many people tell it how they see it - can't knock it really...

Supreme Freak

You're just odd fella, you don't know him, you don't care what he says, you haven't heard anything he's done but yet you see his comments as some kind of personal judgement on you, you're not Umek are you

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by tocsin
    He's had enough and spoke his mind and I respect him for that, not many people tell it how they see it - can't knock it really...
    You certainly can when people speak in absolutes.
    Do you think what he's saying isn't true then?

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Boy
    Tocsin, try and respect Chris' comments as much as you would want people to respect yours.
    I don't care if you respect my comments. Now would I pretend that you tried to ambush me after I'd fired off my mouth first. Sorry, but it's very hard for me to "respect" what is being said here:

Techno is in a mess. I tried my best to push things on and make a change. I got many mails from people telling me
    the recent Locked E.P was one the best records in techno in a long time, but when that record actually loses you
    money things have to stop. And when that record is Locked, personally the best record I have ever made, something
    has gone very wrong.

I am very sad that ultra safe records with bongos and zero talent are what makes techno tick these days. And to
    those who are making it, if you have something to say with music, then ****ing say it instead of rolling out
    another stupid stolen loop or a stab sound from 1990.

The music I hear today is boring, formulaic, and quite abusive to any self respecting music head like myself. I am
    tired of it and for me there is no more left to say.

I was never in this game for money, I did it for the love, as long as the music got out there and it didnt end up
    costing me to do it, that was all I needed. I am pleased to say my life moves on unlike many in techno.
    You get the respect you give. Was the above respectful? Not in the slightest. It was just one huge swipe at many people by someone acting as if they are better. I've never heard the kid's music, nor do I know him, so it really doesn't matter to me at all in the end. But, as I said, ANYONE who would make similar comments like those above, I'd call bullshit on them and remind them to get over themselves. So, whatever. If he wants to go, fine. I can respect that. I don't even really care. But, drop out whining and don't expect everyone to cheer you as you walk away.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

BOA Lifetime Member

You certainly can when people speak in absolutes.

BOA Lifetime Member

Right, wind it back people.
    I totally understand Chris`s motivations to kick it all in.
    Running a label is tough, and the music biz has become even tougher.
    Yeah, you may not agree with all the words he has put out, but surely you can see frustration born out of passion?
    The man has most definitely served his time in the trenches, and it is seriously hurtful to be investing your heart, soul and wallet into techno these days, as things are a bit bleak when you look at the big picture.
    You can only weather so many storms.
    So if you want to debate the whole "fairwell, I`m gone" messages that have been happening of late, then start another thread please, and keep the spikeyness out of this one.
    I don`t know chris at all, but judging by his rep, and his words, it must have been a painful decision to bow out.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Supreme Freak

Dirty, it's still chilled here - no one is blowing steam, just passion and a few facts...

Supreme Freak

Yeah fair enough - but don't you think that the world would be well bland or worse than a Dido record is they weren't artists with passion? You sound like me dad when the Sex Pistols came out ;)

Supreme Freak

I think your clock is fast as well :) My post go above yours for some odd reason...

Supreme Freak

See what I mean...

Supreme Freak

How odd...

BOA Lifetime Member

Do you think what he's saying isn't true then?
    Correct. In fact, his rant just serves as another example of why I think this board has been so poor lately. I come on this board, particularly this forum, and I get to see people repeatedly bitching about styles of techno they don't like (schranz, hardhouse, etc.) or bitching about technology they don't like (MP3, digital, whatever). However, I've yet to ever meet an artist who claims they have to "quit" because there are just so many subpar musicians around them. In the techno context, I find it even funnier. But, whatever. I'm tired of people ramming their limited (and often marketing based) perspectives down peoples' throats in this scene. It's been dead for so long that the stench of the corpse, whenever anyone digs it up, is enough to make this place, and numerous others, lose it's fukcing appeal. And it's just so ****ing circular. Damn, get over it. Get over yourself. Evolve.

Supreme Freak

It would seem that way...

Supreme Freak

Take some acid and let me see if we can have the most fragmented arguement ever...

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tocsin
    I come on this board, particularly this forum, and I get to see people repeatedly bitching about styles of techno they don't like (schranz, hardhouse, etc.) or bitching about technology they don't like (MP3, digital, whatever). Get over yourself. Evolve.
    :clap:

BOA Lifetime Member

I think your clock is fast as well :) My post go above yours for some odd reason...
    This seems to happen to me on this board frequently. Dunno what the bug is. But, my posts will often hover as the last one.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast