Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tune inn?

BOA Lifetime Member

Times are hard and getting harder.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

The Demon Beast

Looks like it all around!
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Ultimate Freak

he says mp3 age killed tune inn? how come he didnt start an mp3 online shop? is there really any money in that either?? i can't but think i'd still prefer an actual vinyl/product over an mp3 any day.

has anyone got numbers of sales for either format and willing to share?

anyways, best of luck to pete and dean in their new missions (& the others i didnt know)..

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by detfella
    he says mp3 age killed tune inn? how come he didnt start an mp3 online shop? is there really any money in that either?? i can't but think i'd still prefer an actual vinyl/product over an mp3 any day.

has anyone got numbers of sales for either format and willing to share?

anyways, best of luck to pete and dean in their new missions (& the others i didnt know)..
    i think they did start selling downloads, but i think they're on about illegal downloads anyway
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Administrator

this is so bad, i reallly send my best out to pete and dean and everyone.

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    this is so bad, i reallly send my best out to pete and dean and everyone.
    Spoke to dean yesterday and he's starting work in accountancy, phil will be working in a DJ tech shop in knottingly.

when i see them ill pass your comments on, im sure they'll be pleased.

Junior Freak

I can't believe this, what with the recent overhaul I thought things were going okay for them. Great customer service and what I really liked was the fact they put up decent clips of tunes, rather than 40 second nonsense.

Sorry to see it go.

Ultimate Freak

gutted bout this been shoping there for years really harsh best of luck guys
    **** you you ****

Junior Freak

thanks guys

gutted myself

will carry on producing and djing as my pedro delgardo guise full time i guess..

sorry to all of my customers.. i loved you all, you was all 'the best'
    im going to miss my baby .. guess the scene's moving and evolving...

as to what someone else put... we did start doing dd but we was too late and how can you compete with a wesite design company building a dd website (beatport.com)

anyway ..

thanks to all of you

Pete Gawtry
    Pedro Delgardo

www.pedrodelgardo.com

Junior Freak

by the way .. im helping sell of all the equipment and records for the liquidators..

SO ....

if you want some CHEAP VINYL .. come and be @ Tune Inn on wednesday (28th) for half price clearence.... on ya techno and all other 'brands'

P
    Pedro Delgardo

www.pedrodelgardo.com

Supreme Freak

Default Re: Tune inn?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyspeed
    Quote Originally Posted by filthinfatu40394
    Anyone now what's up with tune inn?
    The website has been closed for about 3 day's now! Feel lost without it! :lol:
    honestly, buy your tunes in Germany. Even Uk relases are only £5.50 on mport - German stuff is like £4.00. If you buy over 100 euro at one go you get postage free. I use www.music-head.de. They order stuff in for you - if its not stocked and in 2 years I've always had every package on time, in perfect condition. the odd faulty press has been replaced for free without sending back the original. opens your mind to a massive range of european techno - a quality way past 80% of UK releases, imho. They also lump all techno together so you get to listen to a wider range of tunes than all UK stores I've used except Juno. Humpty-Stuttart.de and deejay.de are exellent too.
    try www.web-records.com ! they're based in germany as well and have great conditions. records are about 5 or 6 british pounds i think. in germany between 6,80 and 7,50 euros. all in 1st quality! package as well. you can also pay via paypal.
    bought there loads of my records because record shops in germany getting less. it's a sad way the scene is moving like...

Supreme Freak

btw it's a pretty trendy mailorder with an ugly website design but they have everything to good prices! english version clickable.

BOA Lifetime Member

Only problem with web-records (at least when ive tried to use it) is that the advertise stock that they havent got which in my experience is allot.

Ultimate Freak

Default Re: Tune inn?

Quote Originally Posted by rotten
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyspeed
    Quote Originally Posted by filthinfatu40394
    Anyone now what's up with tune inn?
    The website has been closed for about 3 day's now! Feel lost without it! :lol:
    honestly, buy your tunes in Germany. Even Uk relases are only £5.50 on mport - German stuff is like £4.00. If you buy over 100 euro at one go you get postage free. I use www.music-head.de. They order stuff in for you - if its not stocked and in 2 years I've always had every package on time, in perfect condition. the odd faulty press has been replaced for free without sending back the original. opens your mind to a massive range of european techno - a quality way past 80% of UK releases, imho. They also lump all techno together so you get to listen to a wider range of tunes than all UK stores I've used except Juno. Humpty-Stuttart.de and deejay.de are exellent too.

try www.web-records.com ! they're based in germany as well and have great conditions. records are about 5 or 6 british pounds i think. in germany between 6,80 and 7,50 euros. all in 1st quality! package as well. you can also pay via paypal.
    bought there loads of my records because record shops in germany getting less. it's a sad way the scene is moving like...

rotten how do you pay via paypal it is only giving me the credit card or bank transfer option
    **** you you ****

Supreme Freak

i gave them mail if can pay via paypal. they agreed and i got the details. that was all...
    anyway bank transfer should be quick and transparent as well aye?

Banned

This is such a sad deal. Tune Inn was and will always be my favorite online record shop. I have known Dean, Phil an Pete for quite some time now. They have always put records aside for me whenever I sent them mail and always held them for an extensive amount of time so that I wouldn't be wasting my money on postage every week.
    I think this goes to show how the market really is nowadays. I am finding it really hard myself running Hardsignal Records as it is really hard to find artists to do tracks. Artists are still demanding big money for their work. Nowadays your lucky if you sell 500 records. I don't know I guess I just wish we could all ge along with one another and help each other out. I really don't think that anyone except for the super big heavy hitters is generating alot of money with their names so why is it that everyone demands huge bucks? Am I acting selfish or ignorant? I'm not saying that we shouldn't be rewarded for our hard work but doesn't record promotion help generate bookings which pay better? Or would the artist prefer to drive the label in the ground because of asking for money and not have anywhere else to put out records......
    By the way, I would like to thank all of the artists that have helped out with Hardsignal and pray to god that we don't eventually go bust.

Good luck to Pete, Dean and Phil, you guys have always rocked!

RIP Tune Inn

Pauze

Ultimate Freak

well i have to say something here. i dont know these guys personally but i am GLAD they closed.... why? because those fools SELL MY PROMOS. selling promos online is gross. those were sent for PROMOTIONAL USE and u F*CKERS have no right to sell em.

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    well i have to say something here. i dont know these guys personally but i am GLAD they closed.... why? because those fools SELL MY PROMOS. selling promos online is gross. those were sent for PROMOTIONAL USE and u F*CKERS have no right to sell em.
    Dont be a daft (insert stronger word here) so you are telling me that all record shops dont sell promos on except tune inn? or are you just grandstanding because it makes you look good? (which it doesnt.)

Those promo's get given out for free because they are a promotional tool, what happens after that is extremely hard to control, why on earth do you think that you need to say something like that? Im pretty sure you feel aggrieved DM but how do you propose to stop this practice?

Or did i get it wrong, you meant record shops in general?

Or is it that in an age where people are having to penny pinch because deadlines are tight that you feel tight enough to moan about 4 or 5 promo records? As for bloody promo's themselves yes they demand a higher price as DJs want em earlier...

words fail me. I dont like what you said. I dont think it serves a purpose other than to make yourself look like what.. i dont really know.

BOA Mod

and as for being glad... im not, not because i know them, but because another part of YOUR scene is gone.

go and knit or something.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    every record shop sells promos
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast