Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tune inn?

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    well i have to say something here. i dont know these guys personally but i am GLAD they closed.... why? because those fools SELL MY PROMOS. selling promos online is gross. those were sent for PROMOTIONAL USE and u F*CKERS have no right to sell em.
    Hooray, one less place selling your records, that`s not really a clever attitude is it?
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by rotten
    i gave them mail if can pay via paypal. they agreed and i got the details. that was all...
    anyway bank transfer should be quick and transparent as well aye?
    I got my own ebay business so paypal is loads easier cos thats where all my money is :clap: cheers rottster
    **** you you ****

Ultimate Freak

well i have to say something here. i dont know these guys personally but i am GLAD they closed.... why? because those fools SELL MY PROMOS. selling promos online is gross. those were sent for PROMOTIONAL USE and u F*CKERS have no right to sell em.
    dont think you should slagg the tune in boys like that GJ as like dan said ALL (uk anyway) record shop sells promos, but I do agree with you that it isnt right, defo not to mark up the prices , they should be given out for free as they are intended :clap:
    **** you you ****

Junior Freak

That really is the most pathetic thing I have ever read!

Supreme Freak

If you send a record to a shop, it will get sold, promo or not. Send them posters of you instead ;)

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Komplex
    If you send a record to a shop, it will get sold, promo or not. Send them posters of you instead ;)
    Man if i did that they could use em as burglar deterents.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyedgy
    Quote Originally Posted by Komplex
    Man if i did that they could use em as burglar deterents.

hahaha :lol: :lol:
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Ultimate Freak

"pathetic"? whatever there guy!!! JAXX NEVER SOLD PROMOS. ESPECIALLIY ONLINE. just because a practice is common doesnt make it ok! you kids go on calling names and talking shit but i say rest in peace to a site that sold my promos illegally and months before the release. in that respect, ppl could theoretically buy promos before my releases come out and post mp3s on soulseek. these kids on soulseek have my records before they even come out. i dont like that. i do 20 or 30 promos and send em to artists, if they somehow end up in the hands of tune inn and then i fins them FOR SALE ON THE WEB i am pissed.

just because you little namecalling internet know-it-alls think this is ok, does not make this acceptable. think bout it. does juno sell promos online? how about hardwax? sattellite? this practice of selling promos to the public online, months and months before the release is just crap. varella, myself and others have been planning action against these guys for months. CV even got coxy's lawyers to handle publishing disputes EXACTLY like this.

"pathetic"? pathetic is shady business practices being defended by the lot of you because "everybody does it. maybe some of you know these guys personally but should that effect the logic behind clean biz????

Ultimate Freak

mark eg - lets get your take on this

mark eg- lets also get an edit button dammit

oldbugger

well if your sending 20-30 promos out and they are ending in in shops perhaps your are sending them to the wrong people

surely

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

maybe those shops mentioned didnt sell promos online, but i'd take a wise guess that they still sold promos over the counter.

i agree, its not supposed to be done, and i can see why you'd be pissed, especially as you say, people maybe able to then download your latest releases illegally before its hit the shops.

But to say your glad this shop has closed down is a little nieve, im looking at the bigger picture here, and if a massive shop like tune in has had to shut, im slightly worried about the rest of the dance music shops.

You also say you only ever gave promos out to artists, is this correct, so your saying you didnt give any to tune inn.

if so, then surely your gripe must be with the people who are selling them to the shop in the first place
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

BOA Lifetime Member

i dont agree with what Gunny said at all as im sad to see Tuneinn gone, but i 100% agree with him that they shouldnt have been selling his promo's, or anyones for that matter... of course alot of shops do it but i hand on heart have never purchased a promo as they are given out free and to sell them on is wrong, morally... of course people are gonna buy em and enjoy getting records first, cheaper etc but i know i wouldnt like to see one of my promos for sale somewhere before the actual release is cut and in the shops, it kinda defeats the purpose of a promo in the first place does it not?

tough subject, money over morals
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man

But to say your glad this shop has closed down is a little nieve, im looking at the bigger picture here, and if a massive shop like tune in has had to shut, im slightly worried about the rest of the dance music shops.
    that`s what I`m talking about. This is bad shit, and a few promo`s (like 1 or 2) selling for a few quid is hardly the end of the world. You gave em away so forget about em. Blame the people passing the promo`s on.
    But in the big picture, a big shop like this going down is another blow that will have a more detrimental effect over all to everybodies record sales.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

i know alot of Djs who take unwanted promo's to local second hand stores etc and sell them on, apparently common practice, ive never done it personally, but obviously the blame lies with pracitce's such as this
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Banned

I think this is one of the reasons that I dont like things like final scratch. Pirating is becoming a big problem. It's running our beautiful warm vinyl into the ground slowly.

Pauze

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Traxx
    Only problem with web-records (at least when ive tried to use it) is that the advertise stock that they havent got which in my experience is allot.
    They've finally got stock indicators...incredibly, they're always out of stock with new stock though?

Supreme Freak

"pathetic"? whatever there guy!!! JAXX NEVER SOLD PROMOS. ESPECIALLIY ONLINE. just because a practice is common doesnt make it ok! you kids go on calling names and talking shit but i say rest in peace to a site that sold my promos illegally and months before the release. in that respect, ppl could theoretically buy promos before my releases come out and post mp3s on soulseek. these kids on soulseek have my records before they even come out. i dont like that. i do 20 or 30 promos and send em to artists, if they somehow end up in the hands of tune inn and then i fins them FOR SALE ON THE WEB i am pissed.

just because you little namecalling internet know-it-alls think this is ok, does not make this acceptable. think bout it. does juno sell promos online? how about hardwax? sattellite? this practice of selling promos to the public online, months and months before the release is just crap. varella, myself and others have been planning action against these guys for months. CV even got coxy's lawyers to handle publishing disputes EXACTLY like this.

"pathetic"? pathetic is shady business practices being defended by the lot of you because "everybody does it. maybe some of you know these guys personally but should that effect the logic behind clean biz????
    ok now, everybody in the world is a none-nothing-kid except you boss! you're always moanin and causing trouble but hey, it's YOUR business who gets your ****in promos!?

BOA Mod

Can i ask a question and i would like a truthful answer to it.

Firstly chief.

1. did you ever send your promo records to tune inn?
    2. did you ever find that someone had sold them on?
    3. What exact name and label do you record under?

"Theoretically" Put your M3's on soul seek...? did this ACTUALLY ever happen?

And BTW - i think i said you should go knitting and that you are daft.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion on this matter - however i think you could have made the same point without being so aggro.

Also im interested in the action planned by Vallera, yourself and others? any chance we could have somoe more details as it affects us all...?

Thank you.

BOA Mod

If i can confirm what you have alleged regarding tune inn then perhaps we can have some clarity here. Im not sure i can, but if you want to talk legal action perhaps you should be a little less FREE with allegations

Including the word IF does not make it any less of an allegation BTW.

BOA Mod

I will be more than happy to ask phil if they ever got your promo records in, if you are right then perhaps we can move this discussion forward. I cannot confirm or deny the potential truth of what you are saying right now, and there is a chance (because the shop is now closed and the recievers are in) that paperwork can be examined.

However i can speak to phil and dean and ask them. thats the best i can do.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast