Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tune inn?

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

nevermind the inspectors, you should change your name to the solicitors :lol: :lol:
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man
    nevermind the inspectors, you should change your name to the solicitors :lol: :lol:
    Cool, everytime i post i can charge BOA 50 quid!!!

BTW Dan thats 50 quid sir. Pay up or you'll be hearing from me...

I wasnt being THAT serious, I just dont believe his negative attitude concerning Tune Inn is warranted. As for any other issue i cant really comment.

I dont condone this, and i actually agree with him on the issue, free promo's should be free promo's. however he needs to live in the real world and if you look, he was the one who mentioned legal things first.

I am sorry that he feels this way, but it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth, especially considering his constant -VE. Im no fool and i realise that some things should be discussed out in the open, and IMO this is an issue for some of us lucky enough to have more than one release under our belts. however, such a display of blatent contempt feels like just another nail in the coffin.

You feel like commenting gunny?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyedgy

you can f off!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

gunny you asked for my opinion btw:

this is a 'record shop selling promos' issue and doesnt really belong in this thread. but now you mention it, i have to say, i do see your issue totally but i also think you're missing out on the fact that as record buyer, when you go to a shop and buy a promo, you go home thinking 'wow arent i lucky' and that record becomes a proud part of your collection. so, from a label point of view, you're creating instant loyalty and there's more chance that this person will think that your label is special, which will help your product in the long term.

so therefore the 'promo' has achieved what it's set out to do. i suppose it's like the issue of dj's selling a promo in a second hand shop. so many companies get p'ed off by this, but imo, as long as it eventualy gets to the right person, who cares!!!

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG

you can f off!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Shurley shome mishtake mish money penny? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    you're creating instant loyalty and there's more chance that this person will think that your label is special, which will help your product in the long term.
    so therefore the 'promo' has achieved what it's set out to do. i suppose it's like the issue of dj's selling a promo in a second hand shop. so many companies get p'ed off by this, but imo, as long as it eventualy gets to the right person, who cares!!!
    :wicked:

BOA Newbie

Hi all, Dean here from the X Tune Inn. :o( Just been reading your postings about us.

Believe me when I say, we are just as sad not to be able to bring you all the freshest most quality techno from all over the globe.

It has been a real struggle over the past couple of years, firstly when Prime Distribution went bust, they held all the major playing labels. Drumcode, Primate, Ingoma, Theory, Conform, Genetic.....too many to say. But all the top DJ's and producers had their labels through them.

When Prime went bust, all these labels had lost out on a lot of money. I mean a real lot of money, this put a real dampner on the techno scene. These DJ's and producers were left with a hell of a lot of money owed to them, so they had no time for their labels, they needed to get out and DJ to help recoupe some of there lost money.

This then saw the immergence of what is big now, the deeper, minimal sound, the Kompakt labels did a killing. As there were no decent releases on the well known labels all the DJ's turned to Germany (the home of deep clicky music) Which as anyone who shopped at Tune Inn knows, we don't do boring music!! It's all about the floor!!

This, then stopped being the most influencial part of making music, now all we have is music that trips along at 132bpm and does absolutley nothing for anyone who goes out to dance!! I mean, isn't it supposed to be DANCE MUSIC!!!????? The people that like this music are the Coke crew, lets worry about looking good instead of the no-nonsence 'lets have another, get real sweaty and dance all night' crew!! I love you guys!!

The scene that we all know and loved is dwindling away, if the NRG crew hadn't joined the techno masses we may have gone a long time ago. It's sad, that instead of listening to Beyer and the likes kicking out full on floor music, we have to look at Fergie, Eddie Halliwell ect who are playing the stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a dig, the more support the better. But they don't do anything for the Techno scene.

I really could go on, and on, and on, and on. You see, the scene, the whole dance music scene is fundamentally floored. When you have been on the inside for 8 years you see how things work and how people become massive DJ's when they can't mix to save their lives, and how there is so many hardworking, very very talented DJ's out there that don't get a look in cos they aren't best mates with the promoter!! IT STINKS!!!!

I am in another job, and it's nothing to do with dance music, I am sick to death of it. Corupt and immoral is my final word!!!

But I am producing music, proper dancefloor music!! I will be producing under Deano Ferrari, or as PDP Effect (a colaberation with Pedro Delgardo & Phil Walls) So keep an eye out for me and give us some support.

And to put all your minds at rest, YIN YANG IS NOT DEAD!!!!

Lastly, I would seriously like to thank anyone and everyone who has ever bought from us, no matter how big or small. Or anyone who has ever helped us out, or just to anyone I have met in the past 8 years. A massive RESPECT to you all, and just remember.

KEEP IT REAL, KEEP IT SWEATY, AND KEEP ON DANCING!!!
    never forget what you have done, where you have been or who you have met.
    TUNE INN RECORDS RIP!!!!

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    does juno sell promos online?
    I've been sent promos by Juno in the past.

All shops do it, think about it, what else are they gonna do with them, once they have decided to order a batch or not if they don't sell the promos then in the end they have to pay to store them. Of course the other alternativ e is to give them away but that doesn't really help anybody.

BOA Newbie

well i have to say something here. i dont know these guys personally but i am GLAD they closed.... why? because those fools SELL MY PROMOS. selling promos online is gross. those were sent for PROMOTIONAL USE and u F*CKERS have no right to sell em.
    How about you go screw yourself, what the hell are we supposed to do with promo's we get sent, give them away to the 1st person who comes to the shop!!!!! I don't think so, we used to sell our promo's onto DJ's we thought would be of benifit to the label.

I'm not responding to that, what I mean to say it, If I ever meet you I will make you feel as bad as we do about the shop closing.

To say your glad that we are closed, your glad that we are all out of a job. Your glad that so much misfortune has been put on us!!!

All I can say is, go get a (SWEAR)ing life you (genital)head masturbator.

I swear down, don't ever introduce yourself to me and make sure I don't find out where you live, cos you have made me sick!! A comment about us selling promo's could be just in one sense, but to say your glad we shut, that's damn right evil!!!

I hope your testicals fall off (if you have any) and I hope you loose everything in your life that means anything to you so you can feel what we are right now!!!
    TUNE INN RECORDS RIP!!!!

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Chadwick
    Hi all, Dean here from the X Tune Inn. :o( Just been reading your postings about us.

Believe me when I say, we are just as sad not to be able to bring you all the freshest most quality techno from all over the globe.

It has been a real struggle over the past couple of years, firstly when Prime Distribution went bust, they held all the major playing labels. Drumcode, Primate, Ingoma, Theory, Conform, Genetic.....too many to say. But all the top DJ's and producers had their labels through them.

When Prime went bust, all these labels had lost out on a lot of money. I mean a real lot of money, this put a real dampner on the techno scene. These DJ's and producers were left with a hell of a lot of money owed to them, so they had no time for their labels, they needed to get out and DJ to help recoupe some of there lost money.

This then saw the immergence of what is big now, the deeper, minimal sound, the Kompakt labels did a killing. As there were no decent releases on the well known labels all the DJ's turned to Germany (the home of deep clicky music) Which as anyone who shopped at Tune Inn knows, we don't do boring music!! It's all about the floor!!

This, then stopped being the most influencial part of making music, now all we have is music that trips along at 132bpm and does absolutley nothing for anyone who goes out to dance!! I mean, isn't it supposed to be DANCE MUSIC!!!????? The people that like this music are the Coke crew, lets worry about looking good instead of the no-nonsence 'lets have another, get real sweaty and dance all night' crew!! I love you guys!!

The scene that we all know and loved is dwindling away, if the NRG crew hadn't joined the techno masses we may have gone a long time ago. It's sad, that instead of listening to Beyer and the likes kicking out full on floor music, we have to look at Fergie, Eddie Halliwell ect who are playing the stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a dig, the more support the better. But they don't do anything for the Techno scene.

I really could go on, and on, and on, and on. You see, the scene, the whole dance music scene is fundamentally floored. When you have been on the inside for 8 years you see how things work and how people become massive DJ's when they can't mix to save their lives, and how there is so many hardworking, very very talented DJ's out there that don't get a look in cos they aren't best mates with the promoter!! IT STINKS!!!!

I am in another job, and it's nothing to do with dance music, I am sick to death of it. Corupt and immoral is my final word!!!

But I am producing music, proper dancefloor music!! I will be producing under Deano Ferrari, or as PDP Effect (a colaberation with Pedro Delgardo & Phil Walls) So keep an eye out for me and give us some support.

And to put all your minds at rest, YIN YANG IS NOT DEAD!!!!

Lastly, I would seriously like to thank anyone and everyone who has ever bought from us, no matter how big or small. Or anyone who has ever helped us out, or just to anyone I have met in the past 8 years. A massive RESPECT to you all, and just remember.

KEEP IT REAL, KEEP IT SWEATY, AND KEEP ON DANCING!!!
    Fair enough mate. I`m sure a few people genuinly feel for you, the drop of tuneinn from the scene will effect many friends of mine oop north along with the many people who used the website frequently, both in and out of the UK.
    Good luck in whatever you guys do, and nice one for not totally giving up.
    This is a blow for the UK, and I hope, not a sign of things to come.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by schlongfingers
    does juno sell promos online?
    I've been sent promos by Juno in the past.

All shops do it, think about it, what else are they gonna do with them, once they have decided to order a batch or not if they don't sell the promos then in the end they have to pay to store them. Of course the other alternativ e is to give them away but that doesn't really help anybody.

HOW COME IT IS THEN THAT WE USED TO GET BUCKET LOADS OF PROMO'S FROM LABELS, AND MOST OF THE TIME FROM VERY LARGE LABELS. (eg SONY/EMI) AND ALL THEY WANTED US TO DO IS SELL THEM, IT CREATES A BUZZ AROUND A RECORD. I THINK SOME PEOPLE SERIOUSLY NEED TO GET A REALITY CHECK!!!

EVERY RECORD SHOP WILL GET AND SELL PROMO'S, THAT'S JUST HOW IT WORKS!! TRASHING PEOPLE AND SLAGGING US OFF WONT HELP YOU OUT AND I'M TELLING YOU SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE CAN AND WILL BOYCOTT LABELS IF THEY PEOPLE IN CHARGE ARE IDIOTS AND START SLAGGING EVERYONE OFF.

HMMMM...I MAY SET UP A NAME AND SHAME SITE ABOUT LABELS..SEE HOW THEY LIKE IT.
    TUNE INN RECORDS RIP!!!!

Supreme Freak

Can you read?

in short, I was defending you.

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by schlongfingers
    Can you read?

in short, I was defending you.
    Sorry mate, I wasn't having a go at you. I was using the quote just to keep on the same lines.

I'm really peeved off about all of this, i'll just make myself more clear in future.

:lol:
    TUNE INN RECORDS RIP!!!!

BOA Mod

:lol: Haha, Deano's got a bollocking ner, ner, ner, ner, neeerrrr!

Supreme Freak

Oops, sorry, misunderstood ;)

BOA Newbie

My ass has been tanned, not for the 1st time, and definitley not the last!!

TUNE INN RECORDS RIP!!!!

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Chadwick
    My ass has been tanned, not for the 1st time, and definitley not the last!!

Yes.... i'd heard that... how was amsterdam anyway?

Ultimate Freak

you god damned right this is "my" industry and it is yours too. i aint gonna shy away from an unpopular opinion, and you kids calling me names and stuff? you know exactly what you can get. i stand by my post. and mark eg, what an optimistic view... but it is a little naive huh? i know everybody does it, but promos are not for the sale bins and you folks know it. anyway i have said my piece.

BOA Lifetime Member

BOA Lifetime Member

Blimey.

If this pompous indignation over misused promos is a symptom of success give me happy obscurity any day of the week.

;)

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

come on kids who wants ice cream for tea

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

so, using your logic deaf, theres going to be no record shops left now, as i cant think of any that dont sell promos.

looks like im going to be spinning the same records week in week out now for as long as i live

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast