Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tune inn?

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man
    looks like im going to be spinning the same records week in week out now for as long as i live
    all of them Gunjack promos too ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by stjohn
    Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man
    looks like im going to be spinning the same records week in week out now for as long as i live
    all of them Gunjack promos too ;)
    hehe
    cheeky
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

hehe :lol: :lol:
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

oldbugger

i just bought a white label gunjack the other day :lol:

might sell it on again though :roll:

BOA Lifetime Member

ouch!
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

BOA Lifetime Member

Although this is funny, please don`t go too far ok folks, keep it light hearted.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Mod

From Chris Gawtry...

Brian - My personal opinion if tune inn was selling your promos basically you should be thankful people were interested in buying your music at an early stage, as the promos bought by DJs who we knew were working as international DJs and were WILLING to pay the price for your music...we played them to the most popular Djs in the dance scene at the time.

This is how records and DJs have functioned since the dawn of record pools in the disco era. We are not the only record shop to do this by FAR. So to focus on this is a fallacy.

I would also like to add, the downfall of tune inn has led to me also using MP3s, Final Scratch and CD players and i have downloaded some of your records. If i WANTED to actually play them in my set i could, but i dont. And i didnt have to pay for them. IF tune inn actually HAD ANY of your promos, which i cant confirm, but i DONT remember them then if they were any good we would have promoted them. Even after a second listen i dont remember them...

Sad for Pete, Sad for all the lads.

Tune Inn was a valuable assett to the dance scene. Sad to see it go.

Thanks

Chris Gawtry.

Banned

Wow you don't know how sad I am right now. I used to buy all my records from these guys. With so many bs sites out there nowadays how will I know who to trust.

One question I have though, thought Tune Inn was doing quite well. They had postings on their site that they won best UK online record shop. I never sensed any indication that things had gone sour.

A real shame I tell ya, excuse me need a tissue.

Pauze

Ultimate Freak

i know Pauze, the downfall of tuneinn really came out of left feild. they were even upgrading their site too....

i seriously got teary eyed when i read the news.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyedgy
    From Chris Gawtry...

Brian - My personal opinion if tune inn was selling your promos basically you should be thankful people were interested in buying your music at an early stage, as the promos bought by DJs who we knew were working as international DJs and were WILLING to pay the price for your music...we played them to the most popular Djs in the dance scene at the time.

This is how records and DJs have functioned since the dawn of record pools in the disco era. We are not the only record shop to do this by FAR. So to focus on this is a fallacy.

I would also like to add, the downfall of tune inn has led to me also using MP3s, Final Scratch and CD players and i have downloaded some of your records. If i WANTED to actually play them in my set i could, but i dont. And i didnt have to pay for them. IF tune inn actually HAD ANY of your promos, which i cant confirm, but i DONT remember them then if they were any good we would have promoted them. Even after a second listen i dont remember them...

Sad for Pete, Sad for all the lads.

Tune Inn was a valuable assett to the dance scene. Sad to see it go.

Thanks

Chris Gawtry.

hi chris. let me get this straight - i should be HAPPY that you sell my white labels for profits, just because you sold them to ppl who will play them out? man why not just give them to those folks then? i am trying to show you the mentality that leads to the demise of our industry from the inside out.

f they were any good we would have promoted them. Even after a second listen i dont remember them...

there you go man. this is a perfect example of the mindset that cost you your project.

seriously though. good luck with future projects. maybe you will learn that the result is in the details and do better on down the line.

Ultimate Freak

From Chris Gawtry...

Brian - My personal opinion if tune inn was selling your promos basically you should be thankful people were interested in buying your music at an early stage, as the promos bought by DJs who we knew were working as international DJs and were WILLING to pay the price for your music...

man this really gets me! this guy says i should be happy because ...were WILLING to pay the price for your music
    even though i dont get a dime.

typical industry b.s.

guess what folks, mainstream and widely "accepted" concepts on business ethics DO apply in electronic music! alert the media!

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    From Chris Gawtry...

Brian - My personal opinion if tune inn was selling your promos basically you should be thankful people were interested in buying your music at an early stage, as the promos bought by DJs who we knew were working as international DJs and were WILLING to pay the price for your music...

man this really gets me! this guy says i should be happy because ...were WILLING to pay the price for your music
    even though i dont get a dime.

typical industry b.s.

guess what folks, mainstream and widely "accepted" concepts on business ethics DO apply in electronic music! alert the media!

Listen mate, if your really that bothered about it, call up your label distributor and contact all shops personally. Tell them all that if they sell your promo's your going to take legal action. Tell your label distributor to stop giving your promo's away or you will take legal action against them.

I can guarantee there responce to you will not be a very nice one. Expect the shops not to take as many copies of your release.

You go on about industry b.s. and the rest. I've been in the industry for 9 years and your talking a load of crap!! Come into reality, start supporting shops, start supporting the people who sell your records. We all want to make money, and it's very hard to do this. Every distributor wants shops to buy as many copies of a release as possible, so if that means supplying them with a couple of promo's for them to sell. Then that's what they do.

You talk about our attitues towards the industry, take a look at yourself. Your slagging everyone off for what, a measly £6 that we may sell your promo for. And your main point of argument is that you don't get any of the money yourself.

Let me give you one piece of advise, stop living up your own crevice and if people are selling all your promo's, why don't you sell the promo's direct to shops yourself, you get rid of any unwanted whites you may have from promotion, you will make a few extra pounds selling them. The shops can sell them, the hype is there and everyone is happy.
    (it's not hard is it!!!)

If you spent more time looking into things like this, instead of jumping down peoples throat, you might see that things start going better for you.

We all need to work together, that's the only way it works good for everyone. And with attitudes like yours, you are the people who bring the industry down, not us.
    never forget what you have done, where you have been or who you have met.
    TUNE INN RECORDS RIP!!!!

BOA Newbie

Nice one Dean.....
    It sounds like this guy is the only one in the world that has his promos sold. My heart bleeds :cry:

Ultimate Freak

you must be able to at least see where GJ is coming from though? there`s more to life than profit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, serious though really sad you guys have shut been coming down there for years, juno just aint the same :cry:
    **** you you ****

BOA Lifetime Member

i can definately see Gunny's point but have said i dont agree with the online slanging match about it, and i dont think everyone is out to make money Dean as you've just said, i know im certainly not, and i dare say Gunny isnt, and its quite clear his point is its totally wrong for someone to make money off an artists work when the artist themself doesnt see any of this income

i agree with Gunny 100%, he's totally right, you've just told him to sell his own promo's, i think its clear thats not what he's interested in doing, quite the opposite infact!

im sad as the next guy Tune Inn closed and i think Gunny was 100% wrong to say he's glad you've closed, but his actions are incensed by people making profit off his work, and therefore he's more than allowed to say his piece
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

BOA Mod

Who runs Juno records BTW? Is it anyone who comes on here? (not being controversial...just interested..)

Yes - Brian is entitled to say his piece.

No - He wasnt right to be THAT viscious, but then thats what we have come to expect from him.

Yes - he is right, removing potential earnings from an artist is wrong.

No - To focus on tune inn is hardly right, they had so few of his tracks in that its clear that any potential loss of earning was utterly negligable.

Yes - Scott is right, a slagging match does no-one any good, so addressing the wider question of selling promos is worth it. It might be OT, but thats forum threads and people for you.

Junior Freak

iam just wondering whats the point thats getting people wound up about promo selling. is it the fact that its being sold and you are getting no money out of it, or you are actually looking at it thats it 1 less sale? too be honest when i had a shop id sell promos because its hard enough running independant shops anyway, and any little bit of cream that helps you stay afloat is welcomed in my opinion. It serves its purpose anyway "promo" its doing what it says on the tin, paid for or not paid for its getting the word out..

or we can put it like this.

over the year you send 1 promo out a month for each release you have, the shop sells them...cream for the shop and promotion still for you. in return the shop sells 15 of each release over the year...180 copies

or you can take away that little cream/promotion and they close, just like whats happening on what seems an every other month basis at the moment. Now thats one less outlet and another 180 records less you sell

normally the distros send to shops anyway so all its really costing ya is the manafacture cost of the promos. Now how would ya feel with the next scenario thats happened to me plus others i know.....

djs who keep there gobs shut that what ya sending them is not there bag, but instead of thinking of others and telling ya to target people who would get more use out of it, they weekly and monthly collect there little packages group them together with other labels that send them stuff and whack them on ebay as promo packs........theres the F******g piss take........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heroes
    iam just wondering whats the point thats getting people wound up about promo selling. is it the fact that its being sold and you are getting no money out of it, or you are actually looking at it thats it 1 less sale? too be honest when i had a shop id sell promos because its hard enough running independant shops anyway, and any little bit of cream that helps you stay afloat is welcomed in my opinion. It serves its purpose anyway "promo" its doing what it says on the tin, paid for or not paid for its getting the word out..

or we can put it like this.

over the year you send 1 promo out a month for each release you have, the shop sells them...cream for the shop and promotion still for you. in return the shop sells 15 of each release over the year...180 copies

or you can take away that little cream/promotion and they close, just like whats happening on what seems an every other month basis at the moment. Now thats one less outlet and another 180 records less you sell

normally the distros send to shops anyway so all its really costing ya is the manafacture cost of the promos. Now how would ya feel with the next scenario thats happened to me plus others i know.....

djs who keep there gobs shut that what ya sending them is not there bag, but instead of thinking of others and telling ya to target people who would get more use out of it, they weekly and monthly collect there little packages group them together with other labels that send them stuff and whack them on ebay as promo packs........theres the F******g piss take........
    that is a ****ing piss take

BOA Lifetime Member

well i think its more than clear now what Gunny's actual beef was, and there's no debating that he's got a right to be pissed really, but as already said here is not the place to front it out

djs who keep there gobs shut that what ya sending them is not there bag, but instead of thinking of others and telling ya to target people who would get more use out of it, they weekly and monthly collect there little packages group them together with other labels that send them stuff and whack them on ebay as promo packs

this winds me up, i know people who do this or sell their unwanted promo's to record stores and as you say they should really either tell the dist that its not their bag or at LEAST pass them onto other people

another thought is instead of record shops selling all their unwanted promo's on why not collect them up then one day in the week put them in a basket and allow customers to choose 1 promo free of charge, thats what id be doing because i really dont agree with others making money off someone else's promo's/work... if it has a long term effect and winds up benefiting the producer aswell as the shop then cool, but when does this really happen?

tricky subject definately

Banned

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast