Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default Man Utd & Chelsea Fans

BRUCIE: REDS FANS ARE A CLASS APART
    Paul Rogers 18 September 2005

As Liverpool prepare to go into battle against Manchester United at Anfield on Sunday, goalkeeping legend Bruce Grobbelaar today insisted that true Liverpool supporters are a class apart from fans of every other team in England.

Despite spending much of is time in South Africa now, Grobbelaar is still as passionate about the Reds as he was during his playing days in front of the Kop. In fact, it was in South Africa that the former Reds No.1 watched the Champions League final and when Liverpool went 2-nil down, he couldn't believe the reaction of the fans in the pub he was drinking in.

"I was in a little pub called the Jungle Drum Steak House on the south coast of South Africa near Durban," he recalls. "Everybody was shouting for Liverpool, until Milan started scoring. When we were two goals down they started shouting for the other lot.

"I stood up at half-time and said, 'You guys are the same as Manchester United. Turncoats. You just want to support a winning side.

"So what happened when we got two goals back? They started shouting for us again! We had a hell of a night. If you have a look at it, Jerzy Dudek was told by Jamie Carragher, 'Remember what Brucie did in '84?' and Dudek said, 'Yes, of course I remember'."

While Dudek was bouncing up and down on his line. Grobbelaar happily admits he was doing the same in the pub.

"Liverpool in South Africa, there are only two teams to follow, well three now actually because of all the money spent at Chelsea, but it's still Manchester United and Liverpool who are the big two.

"They are the teams South Africa looks at. Some people are going over to Chelsea now, but I tell people, 'You know why Manchester United's season tickets have dropped?' It's not because of the Glazers. It's because United fans are all travellers. They all come from London and because London has a prominent team now they have changed. They are all Chelsea fans now!

"They are turncoats. They change with the wind. They want to follow a winning side. When you are a Liverpool fan you stay forever. You don't change to Everton if Everton become the better team. You stayas a Red. That's the true Liverpool spirit. Manchester United haven't got it and Chelsea haven't got it."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...50918-0235.htm

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

every team has die hard fans though.

but liverpools fans are noisy, i give them that, it also helps that before every home game they play you'll never walk alone
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

BOA Lifetime Member

Bruce Grobbelaar is so full of s**t...

Perhaps he needs to remind the 67.000 Utd fans that attend Old Trafford every week that they need to start supporting Chelsea now...

What a w**ker...

:roll:
    Numeric