Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default "DreamTasia" Track... (Sound quality?)

K i edit this message cause my concern on this track right now is the sound quality. Can someone tell me how this comes out with the sound quality? Tryin to make sure the sound is decent.
    I'll work later on the song production again, i know i need to make it more exciting, but just hope my mixing levels sound good right now.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...557&t=2557

90's Trance head

just took a listen, level wise whats there seems ok

sound wise id personally say theres a lot of work to be done, kick sounds like itll be solid enough once its been compressed, bass line however would benefit from change because it sounds very midi in its quiality, like an old GM soundset or something, you dont want that in a modern trance track really.
    maybe change the long notes to a more shorted busy pattern to give it more flow aswell.

from listening to the track im assuming your fairly new to production (thats not meant as a diss or anything if your not but from the sound of the track thats what im assuming)

so i think itd be a good idea to find a released track that sounds like the style your wanting to acheive and take some time to listen to the actual sounds given to the instruments and the way there sequenced and go back to your own track so far and see what you can improve or any changes you think would benefit the flow of the whole thing.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionComplex
    just took a listen, level wise whats there seems ok

from listening to the track im assuming your fairly new to production (thats not meant as a diss or anything if your not but from the sound of the track thats what im assuming)

so i think itd be a good idea to find a released track that sounds like the style your wanting to acheive and take some time to listen to the actual sounds given to the instruments and the way there sequenced and go back to your own track so far and see what you can improve or any changes you think would benefit the flow of the whole thing.
    Yeah i think the track needs a lot of work mate around 1:50 through the track the synths just sound amateur you need to work on the bass and compression, put some life into it mate.
    Just some friendly advice good 1 mate keep at it.

BOA Lifetime Member

sounds quite basic and bare to me, dosn't even sound like you've used
    compression , delay ,reverb , i think in trance you need ,delay + reverb
    to breath some life into it.

not a bad effort though , if your just starting out , keep it up
    dont give up

Junior Freak

Thx for the inputs.

Basically right now i'm working in this sorta enviroment:
    No Studio Monitors ( just the Studio Headphone Monitors Sony MDR-600 )
    Probably the first real Trance song i put effort into especially with Synths.
    Still Learning cubase, well actually that's right i did this with FL Producer 5.0.
    I know the program ok but i'm still learning Audio Production alot.

I used Compression on my Drums, Waves RComp indeed. believe it was 15 threshold, 4:1 Ratio, 199 Attack , and of course pumped the Gain.
    I think if it sounds off, that it might of been i tryed to triple up on some other drums like Drumatic i used for a more higher pitch kick, and i think i had a 3rd Kick sample i also used.

There was abit of reverb i used on Clap, of course yous can hear that one, True Reverb from Waves Diamond Bundle.

bass line however would benefit from change because it sounds very midi in its quiality,
    Can ya clarify abit on that? I dont understand.

I deff know there will have to be much storyline progression, variation.
    I know if i can afford some monitors everything would sound much better much faster.
    [/quote]