Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Thats it man hes a good guy to have a decent chat with and he talks his vision well

BOA Lifetime Member

I realy dont think it is the same around here without him

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface
    there's no one giving in depth feedback on tracks now as it seems that's not what people want to hear in this section anymore with certain people getting offended
    i really don't know what the issue was before, since i was gone when the s*** apparently went down, but there seem to me to have been two issues:

a) criticism and the ego. if you post your stuff, be ready for people to dislike it. there were some inflated yet fragile egos on here, who may have flipped at the very thought that they were not considered the equal of INSERT YOUR FAVORITE FAMOUS PRODUCER. those people need to come back down to earth and grow a thicker skin.

b) tact. i like and always have liked steve, and value his opinion highly. that said, i do feel that he is frequently tactless in his responses...just read the singularity post to see what i mean. people critiquing other people's music should be aware that everyone needs encouragement and will likely be stung or hurt by gratuitous s***-piling in a public forum.

so, i suggest, when people critique, be honest...tell people what works and what doesn't, what they can build on and what, frankly, they can't. all producers have serious CRAP in their proverbial closets, and no one on here is in a position where they can't improve. so throw the reviewed a bone and mix a little positive encouragement in with the hardcore criticism...

when people are critiqued, be prepared for the fact that the track you've been working on for a month might, to other people, not sound nearly as good as it does to you. be ready for honest opinions and remember that no one is out to get you, just help you make better productions.

my 2 cents...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface
    there's no one giving in depth feedback on tracks now as it seems that's not what people want to hear in this section anymore with certain people getting offended
    i really don't know what the issue was before, since i was gone when the s*** apparently went down, but there seem to me to have been two issues:

a) criticism and the ego. if you post your stuff, be ready for people to dislike it. there were some inflated yet fragile egos on here, who may have flipped at the very thought that they were not considered the equal of INSERT YOUR FAVORITE FAMOUS PRODUCER. those people need to come back down to earth and grow a thicker skin.

b) tact. i like and always have liked steve, and value his opinion highly. that said, i do feel that he is frequently tactless in his responses...just read the singularity post to see what i mean. people critiquing other people's music should be aware that everyone needs encouragement and will likely be stung or hurt by gratuitous s***-piling in a public forum.

so, i suggest, when people critique, be honest...tell people what works and what doesn't, what they can build on and what, frankly, they can't. all producers have serious CRAP in their proverbial closets, and no one on here is in a position where they can't improve. so throw the reviewed a bone and mix a little positive encouragement in with the hardcore criticism...

when people are critiqued, be prepared for the fact that the track you've been working on for a month might, to other people, not sound nearly as good as it does to you. be ready for honest opinions and remember that no one is out to get you, just help you make better productions.

my 2 cents...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by AcidTrash
    Mr Bass, We all acknowledge you make some very nice music and you do know what you're talking about. It's never given you the right to push your perception of how music should be on to others though.

You've never appeared to respect the fact that other people have different ambitions to you and that not everyone has been doing it as long as you. The impression I get from you is that you're very talented but desparate for people to acknowledge your superiority by your continued domination of the boards in both presence and frequency and some of us find it really tiresome.

Even your statement above comes over as arrogance in the extreme. I know this because I am a crowned master of arrogance and I know it when I see it.

You are not the god father of all things techno and certainly no-body on here is. Chill out, get over yourself, do things your way but oo not expect everyone to follow suit because you say so. Your ideal of production is just one preference among many.

If you're condecending with your good advice, many people will chose to look the other way. That's why you feel like you're banging your head against a brick wall.

Try telling people what is RIGHT about their stufff now and then and not just what's wrong. You have to encourage as well as offer guidance otherwise you take all the joy out of it.

Try listening to music from the producers perspective and not your own.

If everybody thought like you in terms of music the Sex Pistols would have never gotton out of the studio because the producers wouldn't let them.
    word pete, could not have worded things better at all. All feedback and critisism is taken on board on this forum, but when it is nothing but negative then you start to wonder........nobody on here should dictate how techno should sound as everybodys perspective is totally different, and should always stay this way, unless we want all of our productions to end up sounding similar. I think blackout is a great place for people to network, but i think the production thing should be left alone. If you have faith in your music, release it, this is where the real truth lies

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man
    dodgy, you just love to strip down to your pants and have a bit of a wrestle dont you

easy!!!! easy!!!!!!!! easy!!!!!! easy!!!!!!!!! easy!!!!!!!!
    I will NOT take it easy ya sheffield ponce, now come over 'ere and give ya daddy a hug!

BOA Lifetime Member

shame.youl have to keep us all posted on your new material/realese's db,and also if you plan to release your voidloss projects in particular.

all the best!

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by basslinejunkie
    shame.youl have to keep us all posted on your new material/realese's db,and also if you plan to release your voidloss projects in particular.

all the best!
    New DB release is in the promo section, and be looking for the first Singularity release VERY soon

Banned

how come all the dirty bass releases i have heard neither sound particularly dark, experimental or interesting?
    i was expecting something a bit different, instead i listened to the same old shite

BOA Lifetime Member

hmm, probably no need to get personal and call his stuff shite, especially seeing how you know he cant come on to defend himself, its cool if you dont like his stuff but thats quite uneeded and could be ultimately worded alot better :roll:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by xfive
    Quote Originally Posted by basslinejunkie

all the best!
    New DB release is in the promo section, and be looking for the first Singularity release VERY soon
    get em in the shops u skeeza!

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron
    how come all the dirty bass releases i have heard neither sound particularly dark, experimental or interesting?
    i was expecting something a bit different, instead i listened to the same old shite
    I don't know why don't you ask him?
    Oh wait you like to talk about people behind their backs..

Well I've taken the extra step for you and sent your message to Steve. Here's his reply:

"Dirty Bass Records serves it`s purpose, it`s mission was to have commercial techno on one side, and hard techno on the other, with the idea of introducing the harder sound to people who may not play it. It worked, as the label has been played regularly by the big players in both techno, trance, prog, and house.
    Any dink that judges someones sound and pidgeon holes them based on a few releases is a mindless turd.
    The Voidloss stuff is an outlet for a darker sound, but seeing as most people on the forum don`t even check the production files pages, they miss the more diverse sounds of many artists"

There you have it.

Ultimate Freak

And a supplement:

"well, there is the point also, that the label has served it`s purpose for me. It has given me a platform to work from, many gigs that I have thoroughly enjoyed, and that I hope many others have too, and now the label will serve as a vehicle for new talent, as I want to put something back, rather than just talk shite behind a screen"

BOA Lifetime Member

haha there you go, only steve would say that :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kemix
    I think blackout is a great place for people to network, but i think the production thing should be left alone. If you have faith in your music, release it, this is where the real truth lies
    I dunno about that... I think there's a lot of people who post tunes for the same reason I do - they don't have faith in them cos they're not good enough to release! The point of a production forum is so we can get other people to give our tunes a listen, and through feedback help us make better tunes that maybe we can have faith in. Someone like dirtybass who clearly knows how to make tunes worthy of releasing giving us feedback is a good thing from my point of view - fair play to the bloke for bothering to listen and write something, even if it was sometimes a bit unsympathetically worded.

Shame he's gone, like I said.
    Oh wow - myspace :coffee: http://www.myspace.com/robsoliton

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by robin m
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kemix
    I think blackout is a great place for people to network, but i think the production thing should be left alone. If you have faith in your music, release it, this is where the real truth lies
    I dunno about that... I think there's a lot of people who post tunes for the same reason I do - they don't have faith in them cos they're not good enough to release! The point of a production forum is so we can get other people to give our tunes a listen, and through feedback help us make better tunes that maybe we can have faith in. Someone like dirtybass who clearly knows how to make tunes worthy of releasing giving us feedback is a good thing from my point of view - fair play to the bloke for bothering to listen and write something, even if it was sometimes a bit unsympathetically worded.

:cry:

Shame he's gone, like I said.

BOA Lifetime Member

Oh wow - myspace :coffee: http://www.myspace.com/robsoliton

Ultimate Freak

Color me confused.

Banned

Well I've taken the extra step for you and sent your message to Steve. Here's his reply:

"Dirty Bass Records serves it`s purpose, it`s mission was to have commercial techno on one side, and hard techno on the other, with the idea of introducing the harder sound to people who may not play it. It worked, as the label has been played regularly by the big players in both techno, trance, prog, and house.
    Any dink that judges someones sound and pidgeon holes them based on a few releases is a mindless turd.
    The Voidloss stuff is an outlet for a darker sound, but seeing as most people on the forum don`t even check the production files pages, they miss the more diverse sounds of many artists"

There you have it.
    i will listen to the voidless stuff.
    yep i am a mindless turd.
    but it was nice to hear steve's response from beyond the threshold.
    why didnt he just log on and say it himself .

Supreme Freak

There you have it.
    i will listen to the voidless stuff.
    yep i am a mindless turd.
    but it was nice to hear steve's response from beyond the threshold.
    why didnt he just log on and say it himself .
    in effect he is really still here, just cant be arsed to post himself

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast