Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Default message from dirty bass to all

Hello folks.
    I`ve decided to take a sabatical from these forums now.
    Various things have happened culminating in the madness of the other day.
    I`ve realised that my philosphy and path in music is to push forward and try to develop artistically, and also to try to inspire people to do the same.
    This place doesn`t seem to be the right place for these kind of discussions. The majority here seem happy with the way things are and are content to make or listen to the music as it stands, and aren`t really concerned with the progression of it, or change. I have no problem with this at all, but I don`t want to waste my time, or anyone elses here, by discussing or trying to push forward these ideals.
    I`ve been in the music industry, doing various things (I`ve not always done techno you know) for 13 years, and I`ve always tried to move forward, to develop, to not stand still or look back.
    So I`m really not too sure if I should be coming back here to be shot at for being "pretentious" or overly intellectual, or for generally upsetting people for upsetting the status quo, when it isn`t really my intent (well, not entirely)
    I didn`t really want to make any kind of public bowing out, that seems to happen every so often here, but I still want to help out with certian things, so I needed to say this.

The thing I enjoy the most is helping people with their productions, and although I can be very blunt in my critique, it`s done honestly generally purely from a production perspective, and I always offer help and solutions to back up my production critisism.
    I never intend to be malicious with my comments, but if I hear something that needs work and improvement from a production perspective, then I will voice that opinion.
    Hey, someone has to right?
    All your mates will do is say "yeah, that sounds great" which is good for stroking your ego, but won`t help you develop your sound into a more professional piece.
    And these days, with so much competition, and everyone making tunes on their PC`s, I think to be as good as possible is needed to separate you from the masses of anonymous run of the mill stuff.

I am still willing to offer production advice to anyone who will need it, and also my offer of open submissions to both of my labels still stands.
    If you have anything you would like me to listen to, and give production advice on, or just want me to listen to something, or submit something for one of my labels, please email me through the
    http://www.londontechno.co.uk site
    and I would be more than willing to help.
    I used to listen to everything posted, and make comment respectively, but my position as a mod slowly took away my enthusiasm for this (being a mod is a loveless and difficult task, believe me).

So good luck to all of you with your productions, those that have my messenger address, please hit me up if you see me, I may or may not be back here in the future, mark has asked me to get involved with a new BOA project, which I may do, but I doubt if I can continue participating in these forums.

Those of you I have seen develop, I hope you continue to do so, you are quite literally, part of the future of where techno music will go, and I hope you continue to go forward and develop yourself as music artists.

Big Love.

Steve.

Banned

seeyou in a few weeks/months when you've got over yourself !
    chill out dude . don't take it all so seriously !

BOA Lifetime Member

That's a real shame but I can understand it.

It's a blow to this forum though, someone prepared to give thorough feedback and not be afraid to tell you your track doesn't cut it is hard enough to find, let alone from someone who's music is out there and showing everyone how it's done.

Just make sure you still keep making the tunes ;)
    Oh wow - myspace :coffee: http://www.myspace.com/robsoliton

BOA Lifetime Member

Aw man this shit sucks fukking big time,Im pissed about this.
    I feel all the shit that has gone Steves way recentley is not the thoughts and feelings of all on here deffo not me.
    Im not up Steves arse no way am I but I am one on here who feels his music and connects with his ideas so this pisses me off that somthing like this is going down.
    Personaly myself I share alot of the veiws he expresses on here but I am the sort of peson who is happy to keep them to myself as long as somone else is expressing them in a way.
    Im starting to feel like its a bad thing that I am intreasted in the future of techno and being a "chinstroker" or a "trainspotter"as most class somone who likes to be deep in to there music(not all)

But anyway I feel like I have lost one of the people who inspires me musicley and is a great asset to our community.

Thats me ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

totally understand it, ive just had another round "who do you think you are" with someone who doesnt like the way i crit too, which is why i'd decided also to just not comment on stuff now, some people really just do not want to seperate their own personal taste from actual production values.... il still be checking stuff too tho there is some awesome stuff on here
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

The Demon Beast

Like Comparing a Chainsaw to a butterknife.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyes without a face
    totally understand it, ive just had another round "who do you think you are" with someone who doesnt like the way i crit too, which is why i'd decided also to just not comment on stuff now, some people really just do not want to seperate their own personal taste from actual production values.... il still be checking stuff too tho there is some awesome stuff on here
    Ill miss this man too

BOA Lifetime Member

Scott is a dude who also tells the truth I feel and gets a hard time for it.

Supreme Freak

i'm choked.
    free marc emery!

The Universe

Bye Steve man.
    I must say that i have learned some things from u,and your music during your participation on this board regarding production. :clap:

And i cannot see a good reason for u to leave from here.
    so i xpect u will be under some other nick,or perhaps be back soon mate.

Regardless of what the sounds,and other peoples views on music are,i think that only together we can much easyer learn and progress.

It;s easy to give up on something..in this case boa tech prod. forum.
    But i respect your opinion.

Hope we can see here some true dirty critics soon again.

best regards from Belgrade

MITA

BOA Lifetime Member

Mr Bass, We all acknowledge you make some very nice music and you do know what you're talking about. It's never given you the right to push your perception of how music should be on to others though.

You've never appeared to respect the fact that other people have different ambitions to you and that not everyone has been doing it as long as you. The impression I get from you is that you're very talented but desparate for people to acknowledge your superiority by your continued domination of the boards in both presence and frequency and some of us find it really tiresome.

Even your statement above comes over as arrogance in the extreme. I know this because I am a crowned master of arrogance and I know it when I see it.

You are not the god father of all things techno and certainly no-body on here is. Chill out, get over yourself, do things your way but oo not expect everyone to follow suit because you say so. Your ideal of production is just one preference among many.

If you're condecending with your good advice, many people will chose to look the other way. That's why you feel like you're banging your head against a brick wall.

Try telling people what is RIGHT about their stufff now and then and not just what's wrong. You have to encourage as well as offer guidance otherwise you take all the joy out of it.

Try listening to music from the producers perspective and not your own.

If everybody thought like you in terms of music the Sex Pistols would have never gotton out of the studio because the producers wouldn't let them.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

well this place wont be the same without you.

ive always loved checking out your latest offerings in here.

I follow your beliefs in telling people the truth about their porductions, even if i dont like the certain style of a track, we all know when the production sounds good or not.
    your advice to peoples productions is worth masses.
    yes production isnt everything, but you also offer good advice on compositon too.

hope to see you back here soon
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Administrator

awww come on acid trash. no need for that.

steve, you've made such an invaluable and MASSIVE contribution to this forum.

you know guys, forums are crazy places. especially ones with as many members as ours. you're bound to have people with different conflicts and issues. the problem you all have to see here, is if you're a mod, you can't really have an massively different opinion without alot of ppl challenging you. well you can, but you've got to be subtle with it. steve was always 100% straight and too the point with his opinion and although not alot of you liked it, you have to respect someone who did this without fail even though he new how quite alot of you would react.

my hat goes off to you steve, i'd love to keep you involved here. i'm sure so many of our members would. but your choice is yours man. i'l speak to you further on msn anyway.

hats off man

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BOA Lifetime Member

At the same time, Mark, sometimes people just need to own up to being a dick, rather than being so dedicated to progress. It makes a speech from someone supposedly abandoning a place just a bit hard to swallow. I've been accused, from numerous people, of being the type of person that Dirty Bass describes. And from about 1996, with a couple exceptions, I've been almost strictly digital. Kinda makes the perspective of "progress" a bit ironic, no?
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

BOA Lifetime Member

:cry: 1st post i read today, and im not happy from it. i hope that all your things will run smoothly and you will go back to the family very soon :clap: :clap: :clap: all the best, man!
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

The Demon Beast

I look forward to travelling with Steve in the east.
    He is a muse in all senses of the word.
    It is shameful he will not be around anymore.
    His vision is beautiful and I hope more people open their eyes to the light
    he was trying to provide.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

Agree totally. I've always found Steve's criticisms constructive, whether they've been what I've wanted to hear or not. I have total respect for being told things how they are.
    Pure F*ckin' Noize Terror...

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by acidsaturation
    Agree totally. I've always found Steve's criticisms constructive, whether they've been what I've wanted to hear or not. I have total respect for being told things how they are.

Nail on head,Its all about taking the critisism on board and using its onley an attack on you and your music if your ego lets it or if comments ring true.

Just my opinien of course ,not fact

Supreme Freak

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Dirty Bass. everyone is different and its wrong point to find offence in his posts. He has done big influence to this forum. i think criticism is more than needed in producers society. it moves forward ur tracks.

Banned

pity he's spat his dummy out

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast