Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: First gig?

BOA Lifetime Member

wot was your first Dj gig? how did u feel? did it go well?

mine was at a club called Manipulate in Llandudno, nice venue very big and good sound system, played last after my partner Bren Long (we dj together as Organisation, he handles the softer stuff and some electro then i finish things in slammin style). bout 350 people there, played some wikid tunes and it went off in general

upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Junior Freak

Ha Ha! Bodafon Farm????

my first 'proper' set in a club was at my own night called Evolution that was held at The Orange Peel in Rhyl, N.Wales.

my first set outside of my own night was at an event called Species @ The Park in Manchester.
    Welcome to the Darkside!

BOA Lifetime Member

u donty happen to know a lad called John Scudamore do u? hes from Llandudno
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Junior Freak

My first one was on a forum metting in collogne. I am a member of a german techno internet forum and since the beginning of this year, we´ve been doing techno partys all over germany (next one on november 16th).

I was a little nervous before my set, especially since we didn´t have monitor speakers, and I´m not really used to mixing without monitors. But everything went well and I gave it my best from 7 to 9 am.

There´s a video of the second party online. you can get it here ftp://upload:techno@music-files.my-s...:999/Upload/by Chemo/USB 2 Divx - filmed by X-Treme & ripped by Chemo.avi if anyone has a fast public server I can also upload an 8 minute 60mb excerpt of my set

Junior Freak

my first dj gig was great...

My first gig was at Eurobeat 2000 @ Turnmills , London.

I played a two hour warm up set. I was so nervous,,

when i started there was nobody in the club except me and the security. I just got my head down and started . I was really concentrating on not making a mistake. I remember looking up, about one and a half hours into my set and seeing a completely full dancefloor going nuts. I was completely blown away. It was a great night.

also playing that night was Robert Armani and Lenny d.

I played for peanuts, infact it cost me more to get there than i got paid. but i did not care. It was a great experience that I will never forget.

BOA Lifetime Member

sweet, turnmills is a wikid venue.

Supreme Freak

i´ll have my first gig this saturday, but they give me only 45min though and i gotta do warmup aswell.

i´ll tell you later how it was. wish me luck=)

Administrator

my first gig - god i can't even remember ... it must've been almost 20 years ago in a pub!! hahahahahaha
    Edited by: markeg3000 at: 10/30/02 2:36:38 am

BOA Newbie

..woz at a little sqwot party in Reading on a pair of shitty 'fisherprice' belt-driven decks. I'd had a lot to drink but didnt go too bad considering.