Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Default most technically brilliant dj

i remember seeing/hearing/experiencing mills for the first time once at tribal gathering and my jaw litterally hit that floor when i heard what he was doing with those records. i think i can still recall every mix (yup, all 600 of them) that set influenced me so much.

even after hearing about 600 more sets from him, no matter how many times i hear the records go out of time, i still think he is technically gifted.

who else out there bowls you over when you see them???

The Demon Beast

Ben Sims
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Ultimate Freak

For me i reckon its a close call between ben sims, i aint seen him since like 2000.but i remember him doing crazy stuff!
    and
    Dave Clarke Seen him like 10 times only time i didnt enjoy it to the max was creamfields...not his fault they turned the rig right down!

the best i have seen over the last year has to be Dave the Drummer in coalville he was avit with every mix!
    JUNE 19TH - TECHNO MANCUNIA ... JULY 10TH JEFF MILLS @SANKEYS ... JULY 18TH MARK EG & FRIENDS (GLENN WILSON) ... JULY 25TH SQUARE FESTIVAL (BILLY NASTY & NEIL LANDSTRUM)

Parsnip

I was pretty impressed with Bam Bam, from a point of view of general tightness plus turntablism.

BOA Lifetime Member

Sims is the best dj about technically by a good way.

Junior Freak

1st time i saw Lukus Producer at Steam. He blew me away and since then hes probably my favourite dj to actualy watch.

As for shear brilliance in set struture and diversity throughout a set, iv gotta say Dolphin.

Theres another guy from Addict records called Baseck. 4 turntables and a bag of rekkids with shit from Radioheads Kid A to Venetian Snares' remix of Skelechairs and beyond all toyed with perfectly:

Baseck set: http://c8.ameth.org/mixes/Baseck_Dar...e_10-19-01.mp3

Baseck Videos:
    http://datafake02.free.fr/baseck2.mov
    http://datafake03.free.fr/baseck3.mov

Neither of these are techno djs (well apart from Luke at times and he is pretty brilliant then).

Iv not seen a huge amount of regular techno djs so i couldnt really comment with much weight in my argument.

Junior Freak

yep..seconded.Dj Producer any day.His mixin is so quick and tight coupled with wicked deck skills-sctratches,juggles etc
    Whether techno or hardkore...he tha maaaannn

Supreme Freak

ben sims and cristian varela

Junior Freak

Misjah.

But I would say that because I'm a girlie fan.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Teknoist
    Theres another guy from Addict records called Baseck. 4 turntables and a bag of rekkids with shit from Radioheads Kid A to Venetian Snares' remix of Skelechairs and beyond all toyed with perfectly:
    Baseck is one of the US's best kept secrets. A shame too. The kid is ****ing incredible.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

Ultimate Freak

Definately agree with the mentions for Mills, Clarke, Greg Dolphin (especially when doing his Appleton live + 2 decks Ninja Columbo breakcore set) and Producer.

Also have to say Oscar Mulero really impressed me when I saw him. Also Surgeon, and for an up n coming DJ, I really rate Distek.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by kai
    Definately agree with the mentions for Mills, Clarke, Greg Dolphin (especially when doing his Appleton live + 2 decks Ninja Columbo breakcore set) and Producer.

Also have to say Oscar Mulero really impressed me when I saw him. Also Surgeon, and for an up n coming DJ, I really rate Distek.
    yeah thats what i meant when mentioning Greg :) Hes tied down sometimes at more mainstream raves as is Lukus. They both shine in more open minded nights though

Ultimate Freak

Also - Miss Djax is my new personal techno heroine - proper vixen behind the decks and ****ing class DJ.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by kai
    k.
    I saw dolphin and producer do there live + decks thing at 'The Clinic' in North Wales and is quite possibly the worst thing ive ever heard come out of speakers in my life. It was like they had no knowledge of the word 'gain', everything was redlining; mixer, soudcard, laptop etc. , there where random uncompressed noises firing out of the soundsytem that were painfull and probably quite dangerous. When Dave the Drummer played afterwards the rig was completetly ****ed!! I've heard from a lot of people that there quite good at what they do, but this is the only time i've seen them and looked like amateurs who didnt have a clue, and it sounded crap.

Ultimate Freak

I spoke to them during that set mate - system was well ****ed before they came on and they ended up replacing the mixer all together. Don't be put off by that set, it really is some damn good shit!

Junior Freak

as i said, i wouldnt comment on a dj if id only seen them once because iv seen Jeff Mills once and thought he was aweful (shoot me down).. galloping everywhere but iv heard him play good sets and iv learned over the years to not judge a dj by one performance. Different elements effect a dj on a night.. including a bad rig, troubles at home etc.

Its a shame you saw them like that.. id advise you to see them again though.

Junior Freak

I'd go for the following:
    Jeff Mills. I love the lash it in style he does.
    Dave Clarke is also ridiculous on the dex when on form.
    Richie Hawtin, more for his innovation with efx, loops, final scratch etc rather then real time skills. He always seems to the be the first introducing the new technologies.
    Like the old plus 8 rekkids used to say:
    "Often imitated but never equaled" ;)

Supreme Freak

Misjah's pretty much spot on most of the time.

BOA Lifetime Member

Jerome Hill.

Nuff said.
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

Junior Freak

grovskopa ! & detroit" from latvia both very talented in mixing :clap:

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast