Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default How did you become the acid freak that you are?

Acid Techno aint exactly the music that gets blasted into everyones ears at 8 o'clock in the morning inbetween the droning sound of terry woggans voice on radio 2 or the annoying banter of chris moyals show, infact its very are that techno gets played on the radio at all. The only snippets you get rarely came on shows like John Peels. (RIP) It is how ever the kind of music you would hear whilst your tripping your nuts off lost in a warehouse at 8 o'clock on a sunday morning.

So how did we all get into that warehouse or how did you get into this music if it wasnt trough squat parties?

I used to like trance when i was very young, i then moved onto punk for about 2 years, as well as liking punk i also got into drum and bass it was through drum and bass that i got into techno, i'd been to a few clubs like Fabric, The End, Canvas (formaly baglies) and Breakin' Science at Camden Palace. The friends i went to these raves with also took me to my first free party, in a field, there was a big techno link up and a drum and bass rig, i spent prity much all of my night at the drum and bass rig presuming that the techno was just somekind of speeded up hardcore trance music.

This was at the end of the summer, i then started going to london squat parties and began to see a very dark side of the drum and bass scene and began to spend more and more time at the techno rigs, the music grew on me and eventualy i'd spend my whole night stomping to techno while my other mates broked out to the drum and bass. i found techno and the people who liked techno alot more friendly, people left their egos at the door, i also started to prefer the way people dance to techno, i made friends with the techno heads and then eventualy started mixing round my mates, baught my own decks and began to build a collection of speakers and records.....and BOOM here i am today, totaly addicted to that rythmic bass and those 303 sounds.

so how did all of you get into it?

the big pork pie

Those trippy springy boingy 303's...


    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

I used to be into gabba and hardcore techno.

The nights I went to also had some techno and acid techno,I gradually realised that music didn't have to be 6billion bpm for it to be having it.

Then I went to some free parties,and was totally blown away by the music,those squelchy 303s just took me to the place i wanted to be. this must have been a good 10 years ago,and I've not looked back.

Just loved it. Always will do aswell.

Acid techno is for life,not just for christmas.

the big pork pie

Same as ^

But still into my hardcore techno as well as all other forms.

Junior Freak

i was into all sorts of music when i was younger hardcore/metal/hip hop/loadsa diff dance etc etc in my late teens techno became my preference........ jeff mills/ritchie hawtin etc. then in january 2000 i moved to london to live with one of my mates, on my first night i went to ANTIWORLD and was like - what the hell is goin on here!!!! for the next year i worked in camden and was goin to deifferent squats and underground parties all over london listenin to my new found love ACID TECHNO!!!!!

and here i am now livin back in dublin puttin on my own hard/acid tachno nights with a few other heads...... and at the minute organizing a big multiroom antiworld-esque night of our own!!!!!! so there ya go.......
    POUNDING GROOVES (LIVE) @ THE VAULTS. 19TH MAY!!!!

Junior Freak
    POUNDING GROOVES (LIVE) @ THE VAULTS. 19TH MAY!!!!

Supreme Freak

i remeber when i was in high school one of my mates was into acid techno and at the time i though "what a load of crap" throughout high school i was really into hip hop, mainly east coast stuff. As I got a bit older got really into drum n bass, started to go to d'n'b clubs and saw the dark side of drum n bass as well. Once of the nights i went to had a techno room at the time thought it was alright. Then one of the lads i used to skate with took me to a techno night... buzzed off the tunes all night long, soon after that started going to free parties and since then been a certified techno head.
    When i first started listening to techno wasnt really into the acid sound but now i'm quite into it.

BOA Lifetime Member

Stay Up Forever Collective!
    Be Lucky!

BOA Lifetime Member

Luck and exploration. I happened to live near an environment that had a diverse range of sounds at the time. Picked up some mixes/CDs of different styles. I didn't really get into it as an actual genre though until I got a pair of decks. Then, it was largely just through dumpster diving. I only bought decks when I was about 3-4 hours from NYC and was in a region where there weren't many DJs playing what I enjoyed. There was a fair amount of house and that was it. So, grabbed a pair of decks to start making mixes for myself and, in the process of buying records, stumbled across all the acid techno I like now. Didn't really have any help or guidance which was both good and bad I guess. None of my friends were into any techno.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

the big pork pie

I'd say 90% of people into Techno / Acid Techno used to be well into rock music at some point in their life. Thats a fact!

Junior Freak

technos got that edge to it and some of that punk rebel feel, like we shouldnt be doing what we are doing. Its also got that cool funky vibe as well I ****IN LUV IT I DO :lol:

Banned

taking drugs .
    could you seriously take a pill and dance to hard-house all night?


    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh
    I'd say 90% of people into Techno / Acid Techno used to be well into rock music at some point in their life. Thats a fact!
    hhhmm,when I was 2 years old,i used to hog the headphones and listen to pink floyd.

i was destined to love acidy music.

Junior Freak

heheh - seems I got into it much later than most of you. I grew up in a town of 4000 on the east coast of Canada, pretty much zero electronic music except for big-name "Electronica" compilations. I heard those and knew I wanted more, but had no idea where to find it.

Flash-forward a few years to 2000... I've done the candy-raver thing in Calgary, decided I needed to become a live-PA, spent all my cash for a couple of years on equipment, moved to Vancouver, and then travelled back to Calgary for my first ever live-PA show with a friend of mine.

Well, we sucked. We played at 11:30pm and *cleared the floor*. We totally stunk up the place. I was trying to be Orbital while my friend was trying to be Spiral Tribe. We slunk off the stage in utter disgrace. Then we took a bunch of pills.

One of the other guys spinning that night was GIJody - he spun proper London acid techno and blew the ****ing roof right off the place - it went from 150 people at the back of the dancefloor, leaning/sitting on the walls, to 150 people up against the speakers, hands in the air. I had an epiphany - I knew right then that *that* was the real goal of it all, and started producing music to put peoples' hands in the air at 3am. It's been five years since, and I'm finally getting to the point where it's happening. :)
    http://mux.ca <-- techno lives here

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

well, i was mainly listening to rock, and bands like the verve and spiritualized.

i then heard a few plastikman tracks somewhere, iv'e got a feeling it was john peel who played them, could be wrong though.

so then i went out and bought artefakts bc, and then all the rest of the plastikman albums, but to this day, artefakts still does it for me.

of course, that album had a few acid lines in it, which i loved, then a few months later, i went to college, and a guy on the course was a dj who played acid techno.

the first few times i heard him mix where mind blowing, i'd never heard such energy in dance music before.

i spent a good while just listening to him practice, and all the time, getting more and more into the sound.

thats it really
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

BOA Lifetime Member

Rock the house- tinrib. nuff said.

Junior Freak

I grew up playing Guitar in a indie/grunge band then went a free party when I was 16 and got really f ucking high... Couldn't believe what I'd found! I've been 'avin it ever since... :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcidTrash
    Rock the house- tinrib. nuff said.
    for christ sake pete :lol:
    Be Lucky!

BOA Lifetime Member

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

No really. It was the first dance tune I ever heard followed by Havok 10 and Ride the groove.

BOA Lifetime Member

Thinking about it tho, I reckon in was Barstow on Coshh that set me going with the acid properly and then International rescue

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast