Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOA Newbie

Default routemaster or pgv mp3s

does anyone know of any online shops selling mp3s of route/pgv/technoslut/p/play or any of the dunster mans labels?

Supreme Freak

i dont know any, but if u pay me ill do it for you!

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by The Germ
    i dont know any, but if u pay me ill do it for you!
    eh?????

no i think i'd rather pay for the vinyl and have to money go to the artist, and do it myself then.

Banned

Banned

you can send lawire a cheque

BOA Newbie

whats limewire?

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by rejasond
    whats limewire?
    i see it now.

might just contact lawrie myself... keep it safe... i know he's not exactly agreeable with the whole mp3 thing, but its worth a try.

Supreme Freak

from what i gather last time i spoke to lawrie on the whole mp3 subject, he's not at all interested about it. A.D. posts on here p.m. him he's likely to know more than me.

BOA Newbie

vinyl only,any tracks downloaded have been done so illegally.
    keep playin RECORDS

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by ad
    keep playin RECORDS
    ad, you still got my underwear?

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ad
    keep playin RECORDS
    unfortunatly a baby and mortgage have curtailed my record buying... but if lawrie aint interested in the sales.....

i personally think its very shortsighted. offering secure downloads is a way to generate new sales... look at how well truelove are doing with it. and its not gonna stop the vinyl junkies buying their precious slabs, just puts more money in your pocket, ie: minimal production costs, minimal distribution costs.

Junior Freak

dont do it. keep buying vinyl, think about it, if you get free mp3s from places like limewire, no one would bu vinyl, the producers wouldnt make money and wouldnt make any more, its not like they make a large amount of money anyway, keep buying their records, keep them producing

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by analog tactic
    dont do it. keep buying vinyl, think about it, if you get free mp3s from places like limewire, no one would bu vinyl, the producers wouldnt make money and wouldnt make any more, its not like they make a large amount of money anyway, keep buying their records, keep them producing
    all very well if you can afford it, but what about those who cant... you wanna make techno eletist?

Banned

all very well if you can afford it, but what about those who cant... you wanna make techno eletist?

well i spend an unhealthy amount of money on vinyl and download off limewire.

Banned

Junior Freak

you wanna make techno eletist?
    it hardly elitist. if you don't buy the vinyl and download the mp3 then the small independents lose out on money they rely on to survive simple as. I got no qualms if you downloading robbie williams (god forbid ) but small independent labels need to be financially supported. It getting tougher out there to survive everyday.

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron

like i said, great if you can afford it, but i've spent an unhealthy amount of money on vinyl for 12 years now and unfortunatly family has to come first. so mp3s is the way for me... people are always gonna download mp3s illegally, so my thinkin is that labels should get in on the action and make money out of it. i for one think that 1 pound is very good value for a download, and i'd rather pay the label than download illegally.

BOA Newbie

we run a record press and cutting room its hardly in our interest to start selling mp3`s isit?
    the sound quality of a record will win me over everytime.


    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron

SAme here,I download techno (mainly sets) then go and buy all the stuff I can lay my hands on. (after coming on here asking for tune IDs :lol: )

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

yeah, you have to help support the scene.
    I can appreciate that people now want to be able to buy mp3's, and in a way, i think its good that some labels are offereing tunes for a set price as mp3.
    there are people out there who would rather pay 99p per download.

but then you can understand why lables are reluctant to do this, as its then much easier for people to then ditribute this via shareware sites.

i personally dont like the sound quality of mp3, if i was buying another form of media instead of vinyl, it would be cd.

in a way, its all a no win situation, if you offer downloadable mp3's, you can make some money from people who want to legally get a hold of them, and who maybe cant afford vinyl, or dont want to play vinyl, but then you also run the risk of these poeple sharing the mp3's illegally.
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast