Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    M.O.D.

Default NEED MAC UTILITY FOR CUTTING SAMPLES/LOOPS

i use audacity for .wav, .aiff, and .mp3, but need something that can read .mp4 (itunes format) and is good for cutting samples or loops. any suggestions?
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Ultimate Freak

don't think there's anything that'll deal with aac. except maybe soundtrack pro - and that's just a guess.

if you find something i'd be real interested to hear about it.

BOA Newbie

Here's a list of different audio converters to/from the .mp4 format, but it looks like one of them (Amadeus) might be able to edit sound files in that format.

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/se...mp;x=0&y=0

Junior Freak

the apple loops utility included with Logic express and soundtrack can perform the aformentioned task.

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewDavid
    Here's a list of different audio converters to/from the .mp4 format, but it looks like one of them (Amadeus) might be able to edit sound files in that format.

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/se...mp;x=0&y=0
    cool...thanks!
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by findthesolution
    the apple loops utility included with Logic express and soundtrack can perform the aformentioned task.
    alas, i'm a cubase man myself...

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk
    however you can (somehow) get the loops utility for free, separately. i know b/c i have it. don't remember where it came from. never tried it w/ aac.. =)

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by g
    however you can (somehow) get the loops utility for free, separately. i know b/c i have it. don't remember where it came from. never tried it w/ aac.. =)
    :hmm: what's the exact name of the app?

BOA Lifetime Member
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

Ultimate Freak

i think it may simply be Apple Loops Utility.

btw, i wonder if any of these (amadeus etc) will deal with ITMS files.. i.e. protected.
    almost always when an app will deal with aac they sort of sheepishly neglect to tell you at first that it does not apply to purchased/protected files

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by tocsin
    http://www.bias-inc.com/products/peakPro5/
    f peak. or at least that's my opinion. =)

if you're going to pay for an editor, get dsp-quattro.

M.O.D.

i'm talkin' free...audacity is perfect for my uses, only it doesn't support aac

Ultimate Freak

i'm talkin' free...audacity is perfect for my uses, only it doesn't support aac
    you could always convert first ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

studio pro for mac works well

BOA Lifetime Member

f peak. or at least that's my opinion. =)

if you're going to pay for an editor, get dsp-quattro.
    I said nothing about paying for it. ;)
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.