Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by basslinejunkie View Post
    bugged out used to be superb eh
    did u go to voodoo at le bateau as well mate?

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by roxy View Post
    im sure thats the one he didnt turn up ??? in may ?
    it was june 2005 it was mike humphries and jerome hill headlining deffo both turned up tho he he

Ultimate Freak

best set trevor rockliffe at dreamscape 25

Junior Freak

UR/Galaxy 2 Galaxy Live @ Fuse-In, Detroit '05

Plastikman Live @ Spastik, Detroit '94

Hearing the UR/Galaxy 2 Galaxy set live @ Hart Plaza was pure magic. I was with great friends who I grew up on their music with. It was just surreal to experience.

The Plastikman/Spastik show was just one of those completely unforgettable mindfvcks that changed a lot of lives and the face of Detroit Techno forever. I just remember it felt like the proverbial bubble popped and for better or worse things would never be the same again. Such a hot party/set!
    Last edited by dbit; 17-01-2007 at 08:47 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post
    did u go to voodoo at le bateau as well mate?
    nah,we ventured down once,but coz there was a big troop of us,the bouncers wouldnt let us in!! :(

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Oldham View Post
    Dave Clarke @ DEMF 2002
    Carl Cox @ Motor, Detroit 1999
    Jeff Mills @ Tribal Gathering, London 1997
    Richie Hawtin @ From Our Minds To Yours, Detroit 2001
    Troy Pierce @ Weekend, Berlin 2005
    shout out from the CHI! Just saw Pierce this weekend, most likely incomparable to the berlin show though..

BOA Newbie

[QUOTE=dbit;488766]

Hearing the UR/Galaxy 2 Galaxy set live @ Hart Plaza was pure magic. I was with great friends who I grew up on their music with. It was just surreal to experience.

Life changing - highlight of that weekend for sure - I never thought I'd see them live... magic is the right word (I have most of it on video)

It is inevitable.

mine has to be 'ignition technician' live in the forum waterford a couple of years back. it was an absolutely kicking night and he gave out records at the end. top bloke and a top DJ!
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

M.O.D.

a few for me. first time i saw jeff mills, first time i saw steve rachmad (and didn't know who he was at the time), and first time i saw laurent garnier come to mind
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by da-prowler View Post
    mine has to be 'ignition technician' live in the forum waterford a couple of years back. it was an absolutely kicking night and he gave out records at the end. top bloke and a top DJ!
    just to add to that, the best mix i ever heard on cd was 'agro mark myu' no idea where he played it, but it is savage.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Newbie

Dave hayles in club so! dublin '92, dropped a promo of acperience, then followed it wit teardrop explodes reward, best bit of carnage tunage i ever heard, followed by DJ vibe in the kremlin portugal

Supreme Freak

Surgeon-Food For Thought mix

BOA Newbie

dj sy nye to the millenium helter skelter. buzzin hardcore set!!!

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    derrick may at some really sh**y bar in pontiac michigan in 1996. he played all house but it was electric.
    You sure that wasn't 1997? We went to see May at some shitty bar that I thought was in Pontiac. They ended up clearing out all the tables in the whole place to make more room for people to dance. It had a downstairs hip hop area that I remember because it's the first time I saw somebody use a telephone handset as headphones. May ripped that place to shreds that night. Hawtin was there, I remember the door guy was really excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by drift9 View Post
    YES--that garneir set was truly something. funny, was just thinking about it earlier today.

other toppers for me would have to be richie's last set at twilo and jeff mills in kalamazoo, mich at the end of the 90's.
    That Mills set was epic. Claude Young was supposed to spin that party, but he didn't even get started until the sun came up because Mills stayed on so long. That party also had the Surgeon, Traxx, and some other big names I think. Black Nation party, right? Dave Clarke was sick as hell at the Motor the night before.

For me it would have to be Acid Pimp at a Detor party in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Maybe not the greatest set ever, but it changed my life.
    Last edited by eppertheleper; 12-02-2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Head Honcho with the Ladies

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by tocsin View Post
    DJ Scribble doing the slot before a particularly bland Chemical Borthers live PA in NYC at the Roxy in 1996. Mixed everything but the kitchen sink together and did DJ tricks up the ass. Ended up stealing the show from the Chemical Brothers and packing the floor more than they did as well.
    Scribble was no joke those days, he had a lot to prove because no one would let him live down his Hot 97 hip hop image
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

For me it was all about the locals, Paul C, Idge, Paddy, Twitch and Brianstorm, Peter James, and any of the Pillbox and Dogma nights all slayed hard.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    Zillions. Never saw saunderson at The Complex (which is what I assume you're referring to when you say "that crappy overdone place in angel" - incidentally, I think it was one of Londons best ever Techno venues, but anyway :lol: ) but spent many, many nights there. Mills at Lost in Nov 98, you must have the wrong year - he was boycotting the U.K at that time, and his 1st gig back was at Mass in Feb 99 - perhaps you mean in 97, in the awesome Royal Victoria Docks venue? (With Broom and Autechre in Room 2, and Tanaka also in the main room?) Absolutely seminal night, I wish that many, many, many of the "younger generation" of techno fans could have been there, it was that much of a milestone for what Techno is all about. Pure class, and back then, nobody could touch Mills, nor Lost for that matter. :clap: :love:
    I have too many massive nights that shine in my memory, every Lost since 97, Club UK, Complex, Sabresonic, Strutt, Analogue City, Eurobeat 2000, Ultimate Base...the list is absolutely endless.
    Wasn't the Lost party at the Lighthouse on the docklands?

Was there for that. Another fantastic Lost was NYE with Jay Denham at a warehouse somewhere in East London. There was an other NYE party in a theatre somewhere, can't remember for the life of me the venue though.

Used to love the Complex, cut my teeth in that place. Carl Cox releasing Fact 2, Gayle San, Mills, Billy Nasty, CJ Bolland, Liberators closing with Eurobeat 2000, the Complex was THE techno club of the time imo.

Junior Freak

Ben Sims debut at The Orbit (1999) - Amazing!

Laurent Garnier at Bugged out (98 though im damned if i remember the eiffel tower hats?)

DJ Sneak at Bugged out - Phat and chunky house with a dash of techno. Used to ****ing love this guy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234