Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default Payments for England players

Does anyone know what the score is here? I mean it's the clubs who pay their wages, so they effectively play for their countries for free, but do they get bonus's for playing normally, or would the £300,000 for winning the world cup be the exception? And did players ever ask for these bonus's or did the FA just offer it to them?

It seems to me they're getting a lot of unfair criticism over the financial side of things, I mean they do PR stuff for the FA and I'm not aware of them getting any money for it, so if anything, they make money for the FA and don't get paid for it, other than a potential bonus for winning the world cup that they might not have even asked for. And considering what that would mean to the country if we did win it, it'd be a small price to pay I think - and it's only hypothetical at the moment anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cricketers got bonus's for winning the ashes, and that would be nothing compared with winning the world cup, along with many other sports people for representing their country and most of the people complaining probably only support England so don't contribute to the players wages anyway. Just seems like an excuse to have a go at football and the football players to me, no doubt because they're jealous of football's popularity and want some stupid sport to take it's place, nevermind the fact that any popular sport will have well paid athletes and all the other problems that can go with it.

BOA Lifetime Member

My brother in law who plays for N Ireland gets paid by saints everytime he plays for national team, i.e a bonus. Its written in his contract

I think the NI fai pay a small bonus aswell, and i think it is common practice for all nations.

Although NI fa havent much money and thats why they cant move or update winsor park
    Ure not mad enough, u don\'t belong in this house

Tune id's please?????????
    www.soundcloud.com/djfase

http://www.discogs.com/user/djfase

Supreme Freak

Default Payments for England players

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Does anyone know what the score is here? I mean it's the clubs who pay their wages, so they effectively play for their countries for free, but do they get bonus's for playing normally, or would the £300,000 for winning the world cup be the exception? And did players ever ask for these bonus's or did the FA just offer it to them?

It seems to me they're getting a lot of unfair criticism over the financial side of things, I mean they do PR stuff for the FA and I'm not aware of them getting any money for it, so if anything, they make money for the FA and don't get paid for it, other than a potential bonus for winning the world cup that they might not have even asked for. And considering what that would mean to the country if we did win it, it'd be a small price to pay I think - and it's only hypothetical at the moment anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cricketers got bonus's for winning the ashes, and that would be nothing compared with winning the world cup, along with many other sports people for representing their country and most of the people complaining probably only support England so don't contribute to the players wages anyway. Just seems like an excuse to have a go at football and the football players to me, no doubt because they're jealous of football's popularity and want some stupid sport to take it's place, nevermind the fact that any popular sport will have well paid athletes and all the other problems that can go with it.
    You should get a job curing insomnia victims.

BOA Lifetime Member

In all seriousnees though if we do win it its gonna generate a shite load of money & if it should go anywhere it should go to the players (in part of course) rather then some prick in a suit daaan laaaandan way who sits on his arse all day pushing papers looking busy for $$$$$.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Traxx
    In all seriousnees though if we do win it its gonna generate a shite load of money & if it should go anywhere it should go to the players (in part of course) rather then some prick in a suit daaan laaaandan way who sits on his arse all day pushing papers looking busy for $$$$$.

Aye but the English FA is corrupt as ****.