Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    
    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

Default Acid core,is this a real genre?

or is it just really fukking hard acid techno?

I was at a club on friday,and the last dj (mike dread) played what I thought was just a bastard hard acid set,but my mate recons it was acid core.

So,the question is,who's right. And if acid core is a real genre of acid techno,who makes it and on what labels can I buy it!! (cos it was hard as nails packed in concrete. )

Parsnip

In my mind... I imagine Acid Techno at around 220 BPM.

It sounds quite good.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by TechMouse
    In my mind... I imagine Acid Techno at around 220 BPM.

It sounds quite good.
    In my opinion its Acid Techno 170+ BPM.
    But dont care about gerne .. its only pigeonhole styles

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

not into all that myself, way too fast for me
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Junior Freak

Mike Dread is most definatly acid techno. I got a limited edition Set of his that was recorded from Tribe of Munt.

the big pork pie

Sounds like the old BAWOP and CID stuff played on 45 rpm +8

Wayyyyyy to fast for me to.



Yeah,but at 5.30 am,that's just what you need to keep you going :lol: bangbangmuthafukkadogcatmeowscreeaatchwiggidywiggi dywaaaaaooowbangbang

Supreme Freak

i dont know, o think people like skank, choose, even old freddie fresh was acid core, and speed core style of stuff, acid techno doesn't really used a lot of distorted kick drums and such other, ACID TECHNO AT 170+ lay of the speed mate...

That stuff should be played from 145 to 159 at max!!!

Supreme Freak

PS i dont knwo why im posting this here but im ripping my collectiong to digital and Bang on 14 is the worst record i ever heard sorry jethrow but it's a molten pile of horse anus cheese!

Junior Freak

i would say acidcore is more about hardness and not necessarily speed and you can definitely distinguish between acidcore and hard acid. for me, acidcore if anything with distorted 909 kick drum, lasse steen and zekt are examples. you rarely get to hear this style in the uk, maybe at the odd free party but most people are more familiar with the uk acid techno sound.



Quote Originally Posted by nekro View Post
    i would say acidcore is more about hardness and not necessarily speed and you can definitely distinguish between acidcore and hard acid. for me, acidcore if anything with distorted 909 kick drum, lasse steen and zekt are examples. you rarely get to hear this style in the uk, maybe at the odd free party but most people are more familiar with the uk acid techno sound.
    I'm all up for more acid core in the uk



Quote Originally Posted by analog tactic View Post
    Mike Dread is most definatly acid techno. I got a limited edition Set of his that was recorded from Tribe of Munt.
    any chance if this getting hosted?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xes View Post

I was at a club on friday,and the last dj (mike dread) played what I thought was just a bastard hard acid set,but my mate recons it was acid core.

So,the question is,who's right. And if acid core is a real genre of acid techno,who makes it and on what labels can I buy it!! (cos it was hard as nails packed in concrete. )
    indeed

Junior Freak

Just how many more genres are we going to see? How about Fluffcore? Candycore? That could be an interesting one :cheese:

Junior Freak

Smile

Its just the more european style acid track with a bastard 909 kick, simple percussion and yer 303 wibbling over the top in my opinion. Does tend to have a higher bpm than the london stuff.

(eg Binary Basslines, Acid Junkies/Djjax) The type of stuff you can drop into a more standard acid techno/london style set to break the tedium of track after track of suf collective stuff.

You do get some faster bpm tracks, with poorly programmed 303 over the top, that seems to me like an afterthought, but it wouldn't drop into a techno set. I can't really be bothered to listen to it , let alone categorise it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Germ View Post
    PS i dont knwo why im posting this here but im ripping my collectiong to digital and Bang on 14 is the worst record i ever heard sorry jethrow but it's a molten pile of horse anus cheese!
    Bang On 14 is a good tune - both sides. played out at a few parties and it always goes down well.

Banned

just speed it up yourself - speed normal acid techno up.

me and the mates do it all the time. i got some vestax decks that allow to go ridculously fast.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by xes View Post

Depends. Many would say "yes." As for who puts it out, I can't think of too many artists or labels that put out "acidcore" consistantly. Drop Bass Network is one label that springs to mind which put out some stuff some would consider acidcore. DJ Freak has done some tracks I'd consider acidcore. Senical is another. Laura Grabb as well. It resembles "hardcore" a bit more because the kick drums are usually run through the same amount of messy distortion as the 303s. And this isn't a new subgenre term either. It's been batted around for a long as I can remember. Here's one that I did that has been called "acidcore." Can't say I'd disagree.

http://www.acidgrave.com/tocsin-bring_the_war_home.mp3
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

Junior Freak

To me, Acid Core is just hardcore acid. Think early Drop Bass. We called it Acid Core around here as well. It's just another name for really hard acid.
    My Space on Myspace

Communique' Records :: Acid Allstars :: Acid Revolt Unit Records :: Feedback Communications
    Acid Jack Records :: Alien Imprint :: Napalm Enema Recordings
    Collective Intelligence ::

Prince Of Warthogs

genre's do not exist
    love your mum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast