Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default <<< Champions League Draw >>>

Draw conditions

The draw respects the following principles:

* Clubs from the same association must not be drawn against each other, with the exception of Liverpool who have no country protection.
    * The winners and runners-up of the same group must not be drawn against each other.
    * Group winners must not be drawn against each other.
    * Group runners-up must not be drawn against each other.
    * All group runners-up will play their first-leg matches at home.

2005/06 UEFA Champions League

Group winners
    A Juventus (ITA)
    B Arsenal FC (ENG)
    C FC Barcelona (ESP)
    D Villarreal CF (ESP)
    E AC Milan (ITA)
    F Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)
    G Liverpool FC (ENG)
    H FC Internazionale Milano (ITA)

Group runners-up
    FC Bayern München (GER)
    AFC Ajax (NED)
    Werder Bremen (GER)
    SL Benfica (POR)
    PSV Eindhoven (NED)
    Real Madrid CF (ESP)
    Chelsea FC (ENG)
    Rangers FC (SCO)

BOA Lifetime Member

the only team i want to avoid is bayern munich. the others i dont care about playing - we should beat the lot of them.

BOA Lifetime Member

id fancy bremen,rangers or ajax

BOA Lifetime Member

dan i would say the team to avoid would be barca , but knowing u cant get them is cool .. fuk the rest liverpool , arsenal and chelsea shouldnt have a problem winning the game in the last 16

BOA Lifetime Member

i think if arsenal get bayern, then they will defo be going out, certainly arsenal's bogey team and it's not like bayern have worsened either.... but if arsenal get someone else then i expect them to go through.

The last time liverpool played bayern we won 3-2 in the super cup final, but that wont reflect for this season. They are a steady team so I would rather play them in the final or let someone else have a go at them :lol:

Chelsea... he he, plenty of potential problems.... ac milan, barca, juve.... you would never put chelsea as the ultimate favourites. liverpool showed how to stop their playmakers and im sure the other teams will watch those games. betis beat them too.

BOA Lifetime Member

chelsea are far over rated

Supreme Freak

Knowing pool, we will get chelsea again :cheese:

BOA Lifetime Member

Arsenal could get Bayern again and Chelsea could get Barca again... Who did Liverpool get at this stage last season? Hopefully if Barca get Chelsea again they won't slag them off and get them all fired up like last time!

Though I wouldn't have said Bayern were our bogey team, how many defeats can you name to them then? Real would be an interesting draw, especially in their current state, but they'll probably get their shit together by then... Wouldn't totally surprise if every team strengthened in January bar us...

BOA Lifetime Member

we got bayer leverkusen last year i think?

Supreme Freak

English teams should really wanna avoid Rangers.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will

Though I wouldn't have said Bayern were our bogey team, how many defeats can you name to them then?.
    Season 2000 - 2001
    Arsenal 2 - 2 Bayern
    Bayern 1 - 0 Arsenal

Season 2004 - 2005
    Bayern 3 - 1 Arsenal
    Arsenal 1 - 0 Bayern

I watched those games and you were made to look very ordinary. I guess you come unstuck to them like you do with Bolton, except Bayern are an awesome side and Bolton are not. It's not like it is shameful to find it difficult against Bayern. Real Madrid fluked it a few times in the recent past against them too. If liverpool play them, then it would seem likely a 1-0 victory over 2 legs would be the score (for either side) as I would expect us to go there and pretty much defend and then go for them at anfield in the first 20 mins, then a stalemate. I'm sure in truth you would admit they are the one team you wish to avoid.

BOA Lifetime Member

They beat us twice and we beat them once, not really a bogey team, Bolton beat us home and away last season and beat us again this season, that's a bogey team! I'm not bothered who we get as long as we beat them! I certainly think we could beat any of teams we might get.

I hope Liverpool get them, then you can judge for yourself how good they are!

BOA Lifetime Member

They beat us twice and we beat them once, not really a bogey team, Bolton beat us home and away last season and beat us again this season, that's a bogey team! I'm not bothered who we get as long as we beat them! I certainly think we could beat any of teams we might get.

I hope Liverpool get them, then you can judge for yourself how good they are!
    it's how you look when you play them. they always look a different class. so it's a bogey team of different sorts. as for liverpool. we play a different style of football to you. ours is more defensive so we are closer to their style, hence a more likely stalemate, but a very edgy one. in the same way that against other teams arsenal would fare better than liverpool because of your style. it definately depends on your approach to the game. bayern are better than liverpool and arsenal. they have done it over the years and continue to do so.

anyway, we will see.

BOA Lifetime Member

They were lucky Toure had a bad game against them at the Olympic stadium, but we still could have got past them if we'd scored another goal at Highbury, they were hanging on. The time before we threw away a 2 goal lead at Highbury and they won a scrappy game 1-0... Valencia are more of a bogey team than they are.

BOA Lifetime Member

Chelsea arent over rated at all. We wont play a much better team then them this season, much like last season. Doesnt matter who we get theve all gotta get knocked out at some point.

BOA Lifetime Member

They were lucky Toure had a bad game against them at the Olympic stadium, but we still could have got past them if we'd scored another goal at Highbury, they were hanging on. The time before we threw away a 2 goal lead at Highbury and they won a scrappy game 1-0... Valencia are more of a bogey team than they are.
    the whole team looked bad at munich. as for the 2-2 draw, if you remember, they were actually on top of you totally until you got that very lucky deflected goal. i remember it well.