Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default Top 100 Female DJS Poll

I know most of us think polls are stupid, but I am putting this up anyway -shejay is having a top 100 female djs poll.....in a way I think it's kinda cool that they are trying to get a list of the top female talent, since we are so underrepresented. So please take a minute or 2 out of your busy day to cast your votes....and dont forget to vote for your favorite female livesets DJ *wink wink* - other ladies that deserve to be on the list - Shiva (yay), Monika Kruse, Barbara, you know the rest.....I'm seeing people posting votes for djs like Miss Lisa and the like - we NEED some female techno djs on this list to represent ;)

http://www.top100femaledjs.net/

BOA Lifetime Member

When are they having the midget DJ poll? When that happens I`ll be voting for DJ Mad Fingers McShortey Cutmaster Flash, he`s kick ass.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Ultimate Freak

a top 100 female dj's is wrong imo. for women who allways what to be concidered equal, why seperate them? and especialy into another popularity contest? true skill and tallent will always shine through no matter if you're male, female. black white or in between all of the above ;)

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    When are they having the midget DJ poll? When that happens I`ll be voting for DJ Mad Fingers McShortey Cutmaster Flash, he`s kick ass.

haha are you for real? not about the poll, but about dj mad fingers mcshorty cutmaster flash

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DSP
    a top 100 female dj's is wrong imo. for women who allways what to be concidered equal, why seperate them? and especialy into another popularity contest? true skill and tallent will always shine through no matter if you're male, female. black white or in between all of the above ;)
    You are right, Patrick, but you still have to admit that in this world, women are still not treated as equals. I dont really see too much of a problem with this - this is a chance for women to have their turn in the spotlight in this male dominated industry, so to speak.

But yes, true skill and talent will always shine through no matter what- but I dont want to see some wack ass dj like Portia Surreal get voted as #1 on that list either. Oh wait, I almost forgot-she's not even a REAL dj ;)

Ultimate Freak

I did not even know that 100 female djs existed.
    Awakening Sasha

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Becka
    But yes, true skill and talent will always shine through no matter what- but I dont want to see some wack ass dj like Portia Surreal get voted as #1 on that list either. Oh wait, I almost forgot-she's not even a REAL dj ;)
    Whatever - She can spin on my deck any day!

har har :cheese:

The Demon Beast

Shiva to rule them all.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Ultimate Freak

Nika77 and Technodeluxe!
    Only ones I know that play real techno.
    Oh yeah, Pelacha too.
    Awakening Sasha

BOA Lifetime Member

there are female djs?

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Buttman
    Nika77 and Technodeluxe!
    Oh yeah, Pelacha too.

Define 'real' techno?

I know it's rare to find a female that spins, let alone one that spins techno, but there are a few out there....myself included ;)

Ultimate Freak

Nika77 and Technodeluxe!
    Oh yeah, Pelacha too.
    Agreed. Nika77 has the skills and intensity of Misstress Barbra, but has an even better track selection.

For the Carola knock-off type stuff, Lucca is pretty decent too.

Administrator

at the end of the day these polls mean jack cause it's not like one person one vote if you get me. BUT i do thiink it's about time the ladies got a bit of cred, my chrissi works so hard and yet ppl always seem to come up to me like i'm the only one who does the tracks which is bullshit. we DO need more women recognision imo and we do need more ppl talking about women in this scene. this poll, although just a poll, will promote this. and therefore i for one will be voting. best dj? my chrissi of course, even though she doesnt dj in public hehehehhe :) second best? hmmmmmmmm... lov ya becka and shiva ;) oh and my girl miss innocent and hifi princess :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Maybe the poll should be the top 20 or even top 50 female djs, simply because there aren´t so many to choose from. I mean, any one of us could sit down and write a list of 100 male djs no problem, but I definitely couldn´t think of 100 female ones. The poll should be the BEST female djs, not just the only few that anyone could think of!! (I´d be struggling to get 20 to be honest...)

Ultimate Freak

well if there arent that many female djs in the scene, then how do u plan to have a top ONE HUNDRED poll???
    21 minutes to know

Supreme Freak

i never knew peter sutton is a dj

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Becka
    Nika77 and Technodeluxe!
    Oh yeah, Pelacha too.

Define 'real' techno?
    ;)

it is quite easy. one that is not crap.

i think i have only heard one female dj ever and she was crap. i think it was some model from CZ, cant remeber her name.
    oh and pelacha - ok music, crappy cuts.
    and ofcourse surgeon when he dresses up in a tranny and puts on the pink skin in ableton.
    non serviam

BOA Lifetime Member

or even as a tranny.
    non serviam

Supreme Freak

I totally agree, I think DJs should be judged on their merits rather than whether they're male or female.
    a new beginning...

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 24
    I totally agree, I think DJs should be judged on their merits rather than whether they're male or female.
    That is fine, but it doesnt change the fact that in this society, this just doesnt happen.....take a look at any other poll - how many women do you see making it on those polls? Granted, it's bullshit, but still - you see that it's still a male dominated industry.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast