Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Deceptacon

Default truelove web-shop

anyone know what the story with mp3s is? some labels have nearly all available (ie hydro) some have none at all (smitten is dead). anyone know why this is? i would've thought it made sense to have them all available.

BOA Lifetime Member

I'm more interested to know why they debit your card and dont send you your records. ho hum.

Ultimate Freak

seriously mate?.Iv'e never ordered from them so I don't know.Maybe they were out of stock?. As for mp3's most of them do work i think.

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalboy
    seriously mate?.Iv'e never ordered from them so I don't know.Maybe they were out of stock?. As for mp3's most of them do work i think.
    dont get me wrong... they have a lot up... but there are certain labels which aren't up (smittenisdead) or barely up (hydraulix13), which i'd love to get my hands on.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

maybe the mp3 thing is a lack of manpower and time.
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Deceptacon

possibly but its been fairly stagnent for a while now.

used to be able to get them about a week or two b4 release date, now its very quiet yet a lot of new releases coming up.
    not a complaint, just wondering.

Ultimate Freak

Default truelove web-shop

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech
    anyone know what the story with mp3s is? some labels have nearly all available (ie hydro) some have none at all (smitten is dead). anyone know why this is? i would've thought it made sense to have them all available.
    maybe its because S.I.D vinyl sales arnt as high as labels like hydraulix so they want to keep people buying the wax?
    **** you you ****

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by digitalboy
    dont get me wrong... they have a lot up... but there are certain labels which aren't up (smittenisdead) or barely up (hydraulix13), which i'd love to get my hands on.
    last time i spoke ot aaron about mp3's he said it was a lot of time and effort and not a lot of return

Supreme Freak

i talked to john truelove last week about it and again he said it;s not a big return to invest the man power into converting them...

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AcidTrash
    I'm more interested to know why they debit your card and dont send you your records. ho hum.
    i never had any problems with buying in truelove shop
    maybe little error in optical fibre ;)
    it's only internet [;

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

maybe it wouyld be better for them to sell cd's instead of mp3's, i know im not a fan of buying mp3's as i want something for my money, rather than a file.

at least with a cd you can always convert it to mp3 yourself to play on your mp3 player or with final scratch.

shall i stop now before this turns into another mp3 v vinyl thread
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Deceptacon

actually, thats not a bad idea. but what if you selected the tracks you wanted (say minimum 10 so its worth while), they burn them onto blank disc with artist and song info only (no packaging cost) as wav files and send them to you.

costs them less than £1 - charge £1/£1.50 per track. that could be a profit of £9 or more (before taxes).

Prince Of Warthogs

actually, thats not a bad idea. but what if you selected the tracks you wanted (say minimum 10 so its worth while), they burn them onto blank disc with artist and song info only (no packaging cost) as wav files and send them to you.

costs them less than £1 - charge £1/£1.50 per track. that could be a profit of £9 or more (before taxes).

hmm
    interesting , i was thinking about this the other day too
    mainly for selling all sorts of other bits i have done that aren't released
    it could work
    love your mum

Junior Freak

Damn good idea i reckon, well done that man.
    just the amount of time it'll take to do is the only problem but not if youve got a fast enough burner
    you should seriously tink about it henry,
    plenty of people here at least that'd purchase em

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by s!cknoteoo1
    Damn good idea i reckon, well done that man.
    just the amount of time it'll take to do is the only problem but not if youve got a fast enough burner
    you should seriously tink about it henry,
    plenty of people here at least that'd purchase em
    might take a little time but at the moment mp3 sales aren't huge so it'd probably be a limited market for the moment anyway. probably just look at it as 10 mins spent burning cd - couple of quid in the back pocket!

Junior Freak

CD duplication is pretty cheap. i would gladly pay for a CD of full-quality tunes.

Junior Freak

damn straight....
    not for brand new tunes though but a chance for artists like henry to showcase the unreleased stuff...more experimental tunes and get some sort of market feedback on them.

BOA Newbie

There is a really annoying thing about the Truelove website, which must be said: some of the records which appear as "in stock" actually aren't.
    And even after my order, and having realized that the record in question is not available, the site administrators haven't bothered to amend the mistake - that record still appears "in stock" after three months. I got my refund, but still...