Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The Demon Beast

Would be nice to see world class drummers (actors) trying to have a go at spastik!
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

id rather see a world class drumming display open the olympics!

BOA Lifetime Member

where's Phil Collin's when we need him

Ultimate Freak

great news but hey i was looking at some of his pictures in raveline the other day wot the hell is up with his hair doo jesus christ scary stuff ? and also why has he and sven vath decided to start the trend off of wearing eye makeup ? all the bloody germans are now following its a bit gay :lol: nothing against gay people but are richie and sven trying to make a statement.heheheheheheheh bloody hell lads respect them an all but its gone a bit far now the look like goffs but instead of beeing dark more flowery colourfull goffs heheheheh :lol:

ah well richie doing olympics fare playe cool for techno ;) just hope people dont think to be techno you have to look like him hehehehehehehehehehehehehe :lol:

Prince Of Warthogs

it's brilliant news!
    good for him
    and maybe it'll help people appreciate more abstract music again
    love your mum

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface
    id rather see a world class drumming display open the olympics!
    Yeah, I saw Kodo live, and in temrs of dance music, I`ve never heard a better live performance.
    Ever.
    Maybe Der Eisenrost.
    Taiko drummers kick ass. Those big ones at the back, you feel em as much as hear em.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

I'm sure it will be the overall performance and piece of the century. A rich tapestry of magic that will be remembered for a period of time shorter than the hype that built up to it.

Good for him, seriously. Must be fun as hell to be able to do something like that. As for respect/sales for techno one way or the other? Don't see it doing a damn thing. Did trance get even more popular and respected after Tiesto's DJ set? Seriously, I dunno if it did. Anyone? Bueler?
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

BOA Lifetime Member

He'll probably fail the drugs test and get kicked out of the Olympics....

To be honest, I doubt it'll be very techno (4/4), probably much more abstract. But then all the Plastikman albums had a couple of atmospheric, weird tracks on them just to shake things up. Like someone else said: I'm sure he'll stick to his guns and produce something in character, rather than just give them what they want to hear.

Hope he puts the mp3 up on the m-nus site tho!!

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface
    where's Phil Collin's when we need him
    He mastered the invisible touch.

Poof!
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DSP
    imo, it will just add the the hype machine that is the hair product called richie hawtin. it means nothing more but more marketing and less delivery of the goods.
    so when the french government commissioned him to do some music for their millenium celebration, you saw that as a hype machine for Richie Hawtin Techno Product? come on.

regardless of whether you (i.e. anyone) likes what he does, one can safely say that he's gotten to where he is by doing things his way. i doubt he filled out some application for Olympics Music Wanted... they came to him. you'd turn it down?

what it has to do with techno will probably be almost nothing. if some curious folks come across his name and find the world of music behind the Techno curtain, fair play to him.

besides, at least it's not sashavanoakenweed. or phil c.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by g
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP
    imo, it will just add the the hype machine that is the hair product called richie hawtin. it means nothing more but more marketing and less delivery of the goods.
    so when the french government commissioned him to do some music for their millenium celebration, you saw that as a hype machine for Richie Hawtin Techno Product? come on.

regardless of whether you (i.e. anyone) likes what he does, one can safely say that he's gotten to where he is by doing things his way. i doubt he filled out some application for Olympics Music Wanted... they came to him. you'd turn it down?

what it has to do with techno will probably be almost nothing. if some curious folks come across his name and find the world of music behind the Techno curtain, fair play to him.

besides, at least it's not sashavanoakenweed. or phil c.
    nah mate, you missed my point. yes, he does have tallent, and yes he's done things his way. and good on him for trying to get all that he can, and france is great for trying to be on the "edge" of music by doing this, but people won't be talking about how good the he helped write that track for the olympics, just that he did. and that's all we're going to hear about for the next while, which to me is a load of bs. he's much like the 50cent of techno. "have you heard him rap." "no, but he was shot in the face 9 times."
    "have you heard him play." "no, but he beta tested ableton." etc etc etc.

Ultimate Freak

ah, gotcha.

well i know he's got some things planned for '06 that'll probably take the attention off whether or not his olympics music was relevant or not.
    but either way, yeah, he's not about to become less of a ~celebrity. and i see how that can rub some the wrong way.

BOA Lifetime Member

well i know he's got some things planned for '06 that'll probably take the attention off
    is he cutting off his mop, putting the specs back on, kicking sven et al into touch and playing hard egded techno again ?

Ultimate Freak

but either way, yeah, he's not about to become less of a ~celebrity. and i see how that can rub some the wrong way.
    again you missed the point.

Ultimate Freak

no, i didn't. that's why that was a new paragraph.

oldbugger

some of you will moan about bloody anything,

i'm sure if anyone was approached to make music for the olympics they would jump at the chance, and you know it.

its not gonna do a thing for techno, and who cares if it doesnt. its better than having tiesto and its certainly a lot better that if they had someone like DSP too (no offence but it just wouldnt work)

jealousy is a nasty thing

well done Mr Hawtin.

Junior Freak

Chariots of Fire minimal style? :D

Fair play to Richie!

(Also, Hi everyone. I'm new to these parts)

Prince Of Warthogs

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Boy
    well i know he's got some things planned for '06 that'll probably take the attention off
    is he cutting off his mop, putting the specs back on, kicking sven et al into touch and playing hard egded techno again ?
    yes yes yes
    love your mum

Junior Freak

Good on Richie.

It must be good for electronic music.

Richie played Melbourne on New Years for 5 hours and it was a hell of a set. Some of the old and some of the new but all good.

BOA Lifetime Member

wish him a good luck,. it will be interesting and great performance for sure. i¨m just thinking if this is a help for techno or just the way to hell.
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast