Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    Yeah I don`t get the hood thing either.
    Hood was more straight minimal.
    Hawtin brought some life into the cold electronics by adding the funk of dub to the minimal sound.
    rob hood f**king rules. the man does not get enough respect, IMO...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Ultimate Freak

no doubt.

but stolen, whitewashed sound? c'mon brian. nonsense.

BOA Lifetime Member

haha hilarious, comparing Hood to Hawtin. It's pointless, both a minimal ethos sure but 2 totally different approaches to the "minimal" sound. I think people take the word minimal too literaly, very strange.

BOA Lifetime Member

People also insist that minimal must only have one true meaning.

One camp will argue that all new minimal is a feeble take on Hood's analogue mastery of the sound.
    Others will argue Hood and co. were dull, and pokerflat rules OK.

Both have an equally valid claim to be described as minimal. People get very upset about the pigeonholing going on.
    Dummies have been spat out left right and centre over at littledetroit on the subject of classification.

All a bit pointless really.

oldbugger

hood v's hawtin...thats got to be one of the most pathetic things i have ever heard :lol:

i dont get the richie haters either..is it jealousy or what? i really dont know. i could go on for hours, but i wont coz everyone already thinks i want to shag the fella.

deafmosiac.. you crease me up...hillarious :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

you do want to shag the fella, there's no denying that i think mate

Ultimate Freak

dude you guys really dont get it do you? without rob, there would have been no richie. i aint comparing the sound i am stating CHRONOLOGICAL facts. richie took the idea and expanded upon it, but look at his body of work and will notce the similarities in the original pieces, whatever i dont even think hawtin deserves this much explaination, but you kids who are acting like you know it all, obviously cant see the forest for the trees, hawtin had money for publicity in the early 90's and had good distribution that put him in every tower records, THAT DOES NOT MAKE HIM "legendary" or whatever, it just means that he has more fans via better exposure, but anybody who cant see that the guy is just taking the piss, really is blinded by the marketing.

there is so much good music out there that when i hear you kids going off like this it just reminds me of the sad state of affairs we are in, goddamned kids jump on bandwagon after bandwagon without even scratching the surface.

Ultimate Freak

in 93 richie was the head of the detroit clone pack, working with uk artists COMPLETELY ripping off the sound of detroit. anybody who doesnt know that is uneducated about the history of this music. ricky villalobos admits freely that "we have rob hood to thank for all of this" but richie wouldnt even admit that the sky is blue if it affected his "innovator"status. thats why ppl hate on richie.... the guy was making records in windsor, with detroit production style and a bit of corny sheffield bleep and etching "DETROIT TECHNO" on his records. another case of a ghetto music form being whitewashed and mass produced until it is unrecognizable and homogynous.

now the whole world gets to see the boring, sad state of techno at the olypics, courtesy of an overpaid, overhyped, arrogant prick who hapened to be in the right place at the right time. richie has about as much to do with techno at this point a john digweed has to do with astral physics, F UCK ALL.

yay cheesy click house at the olypics! its a great day for techno huh? bah, the guys work completely devoid of soul and feeling and you kids lap it up!

oldbugger

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    dude you guys really dont get it do you? without rob, there would have been no richie. i aint comparing the sound i am stating CHRONOLOGICAL facts. richie took the idea and expanded upon it, but look at his body of work and will notce the similarities in the original pieces, whatever i dont even think hawtin deserves this much explaination, but you kids who are acting like you know it all, obviously cant see the forest for the trees, hawtin had money for publicity in the early 90's and had good distribution that put him in every tower records, THAT DOES NOT MAKE HIM "legendary" or whatever, it just means that he has more fans via better exposure, but anybody who cant see that the guy is just taking the piss, really is blinded by the marketing.

there is so much good music out there that when i hear you kids going off like this it just reminds me of the sad state of affairs we are in, goddamned kids jump on bandwagon after bandwagon without even scratching the surface.
    kids? you cheeky twat

Ultimate Freak

yea and why not put mills or hood in the olypics????? that is the question isnt it? as much as i dont like the fact that jeff continues with the 909 sounds etc. his music is a much better representation of MUSIC and FEELING, he would make a much better ambassador for our community than an overhyped diva who doesnt even make techno any more.

Ultimate Freak

kids? you cheeky twat [/quote]

well grow up then and i wont call you a kid, i dont care if you are 65, you still talk like a kid who hasnt done his homework. i byou even considered getting the plastikman logo tatooed somewhere on your body at one point, if you dont already have one.

oldbugger

get over yourself,

how have i not done my homework? why do i even need to?

you are one very bitter, twisted arse from what i can see. i used to love reading some of the shite you posted just for entertainment but now i think your a pretty sad cunt.

thats me out of this bullshit thread.

as for the tattoo. no thats.. i'll leave that to the kids ;)

sorry to anyone else here but this guy is a cock.

Ultimate Freak

bro, call me bitter all you like, i am just blunt, to bad you havent the self esteem to realize you are part of the walking unconsious.

oldbugger

fair enough...

i take back the insults.
    end of chat.

Junior Freak

Sure then we can just say that every body who made techno after the belville is ripping it off and "whitewashing" it. You got an oppinion on hawtin and thats great but it doesn't mean that it's the last word. You have your say and other people have theirs.

I'm not saying that Richie Hawtin is the best producer I'd like to see at the olympics but it's better than nothing, and thats my point and maybe the point of a few people.

Is Hawtin over hyped ****in right he is, am I a fan of his no, but it doesnt mean he doesnt deserve some respect for a good achievement.

And ****1in relax with your superiority there chief.

Ultimate Freak

bro i am not trying to discourage you, i know i am blunt and harsh buit at the end of the day i am trying to encourage folks like you to think for themselves and not just accept the whitewashed music that floats to the surface.

Ultimate Freak

hey conan i aint acting superior, i am speaking from experience, BIG DEFERENCE THERE "CHIEF" and i am not saying that everybody after the fantastic 4 is ripping em off, folks take things and make em their own, that is part of music, but if you cant see that from "sheet one" all the way to the new shit, this dude is whitewashing and mass producing lazy compositions under the guise of minimalism then you too are part of the zombie nation

oldbugger

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    bro i am not trying to discourage you, i know i am blunt and harsh buit at the end of the day i am trying to encourage folks like you to think for themselves and not just accept the whitewashed music that floats to the surface.
    i was going to drop it untill you came out with that.

that is such an arrogant comment i can't actually believe you are serious. surely you are winding me up right, or are you really that stupid?

your trying to encourage me to think for myself? jesus christ will you listen to yourself?

perhaps if you took a leaf from richies book you may start to do some nice music again too instead of all that over compressed hard shite you knock out.

now that would be an even sadder day for techno if they had you playing ;) :cheese: but we would all wish you well because its what people do. just like we all are for richie except you..

your whitewashing yourself. your sound is hardly original.

sorry to make this about you, i was going to delete all what i just wrote above because i wrote it in angst, but sod it.. its my opinion on you, just like your opinion on hawtin.

i'm sure you can take it. :lol:

i'm not replying again.

good bye.

Ultimate Freak

hahah this guy telling me to do some "nice music" lol he dont kno me very well do he?

like i said, you barely scrape the surface, somebody tell this guy??????

anyway: http://www.iterativemusic.com/~gunja...ice_inside.mp3
    http://www.iterativemusic.com/~gunjack/see-no-evil.mp3
    http://www.iterativemusic.com/~gunja...ng_telefon.mp3
    http://www.iterativemusic.com/~gunja...4_we_start.mp3
    http://www.iterativemusic.com/~gunja...an_fiction.mp3

here is some "nice music" for you to shut your mouth. ; )

BOA Lifetime Member

Deafmosaic is opening up the Special Olympics i hear.

Think for ourselves? what the ****? And i dont even own a hawtin record.

Go copy Jamie Lidell or something,
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast