Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

jamie is cool bro but i would rather copy curtis mayfield ; ). and i will be cheering for you in the gimp race after my set there guy. and i dont remember talking to you there plank but your dumbass banter is always refreshing.

BOA Lifetime Member

Actually i was wrong. Its Curtis Mayfield who should be given the honour of opening up the paralympics. That Deafmosaic dude whitewashed his sound and ran off with his fake arms.

Now why dont I own a hawtin record?

"The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbugger
    kids? you cheeky twat
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

oldbugger

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    hahah this guy telling me to do some "nice music" lol he dont kno me very well do he?

like i said, you barely scrape the surface, somebody tell this guy??????

anyway: http://www.iterativemusic.com/~gunja...ice_inside.mp3
    http://www.iterativemusic.com/~gunjack/see-no-evil.mp3
    http://www.iterativemusic.com/~gunja...ng_telefon.mp3
    http://www.iterativemusic.com/~gunja...4_we_start.mp3
    http://www.iterativemusic.com/~gunja...an_fiction.mp3

here is some "nice music" for you to shut your mouth. ; )

well i thought i would take a listen so i could not be blamed for whatever else you feel like blaming me for or calling me.

i dont want this to sound like i'm saying this just to be personal now but...

1st track ...i actually laughed (sorry) i actually though you were taking the piss (that means having a joke with me) each to their own and all that but i really dont like it. and its anything but 'nice'
    and they got worse.

but that just my opinion. i'm sure other will love it :roll: ;) hahah

i know you just trying to draw me into a row. and its worked.

but im not anymore (honestly)

BOA Lifetime Member

I don`t give a damn who originated what.
    I don`t need to do a history lesson to tell me what I like
    I find hood boring.
    I dig some of the funk Hawtin has made.
    As for the rest, make your own mind up, who cares who started what, good music will sound good, derivative shite will sound like derivative shite, and we all stand on the shoulders of someone.

And gunny, Hip Hop Smurfs?
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

oldbugger

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    And gunny, Hip Hop Smurfs?

:lol: just spat my drink on my monitor you twat :lol:

hillarious

BOA Lifetime Member

Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

BOA Lifetime Member

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

right people, can we please leave the personal insults out of the threads please.
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

oldbugger

Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man
    right people, can we please leave the personal insults out of the threads please.
    ok bro sorry dan

i'm just a kid who knows no better. :lol:

Junior Freak

hey conan i aint acting superior, i am speaking from experience, BIG DEFERENCE THERE "CHIEF" and i am not saying that everybody after the fantastic 4 is ripping em off, folks take things and make em their own, that is part of music, but if you cant see that from "sheet one" all the way to the new shit, this dude is whitewashing and mass producing lazy compositions under the guise of minimalism then you too are part of the zombie nation
    I told you I dont like hawtin's music nor do I buy any of the minimal stuff out at the moment, but i dont think he copied it of hood like you said. Keep on the point.

He's achieved something good for him thats it. Thats all I'm saying.

You dont even know what I listen to or what I like so how can I be apart of the "zombie nation" you refer to. You're making some outlandish assumptions there without any info.

BOA Lifetime Member

in 93 richie was the head of the detroit clone pack, working with uk artists COMPLETELY ripping off the sound of detroit. anybody who doesnt know that is uneducated about the history of this music. ricky villalobos admits freely that "we have rob hood to thank for all of this" but richie wouldnt even admit that the sky is blue if it affected his "innovator"status. thats why ppl hate on richie.... the guy was making records in windsor, with detroit production style and a bit of corny sheffield bleep and etching "DETROIT TECHNO" on his records. another case of a ghetto music form being whitewashed and mass produced until it is unrecognizable and homogynous.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Detroit,+MI
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

M.O.D.

yeah, you can almost spit on winsor from detroit. or vice versa. or just go there to drink underage. or go there to drink underage with a bunch of canadian friends and lean out the window of their apartment to laugh at stupid american frat boys.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

Hawtin doing this is a good thing, but mainly for him, not for techno. I'm glad to hear he's doing it but I don't think it's some huge opportunity for techno. Many people I see who have wholeheartedly supported (minimal) techno for the last 5 minutes are happy with what they're hearing now, a lot of 'em won't care about the rest of it, or who started it and developed it. This will apply to most of those that might hear Hawtin's Olympics piece and be interested. They'll just go to the Minus website, and make sure they catch him play sometime, or buy a Minus 12".

Hawtin is spearheading something now which is cool for that scene, and it will undoubtedly lead to some good things (Music, events, technology advancements) along the way. But a bit of focus here, Hawtin and the minimal thing are about the only part of techno which is being allowed flourish or prosper right now, while a lot of the rest of it is struggling to survive.

There's a clear division here, and while I still like what Hawtin is about to a certain degree, there's a whole other side... the grittier, off the hook stuff that most of us love, that is not being given a look in or being acknowledged by most of the media. Granted some good records need to come out to change perceptions, the minimal stuff is having too much of a good thing these days. It's hard times, but we need some fair play here, which extends to journalists covering 'good' techno right down to the guy who'll **** what the magazine says and make up his own mind. I guess this is an old arguement, although to see so many labels and producers drop out over the last year or two has been been shit. I mean Hawtin makes some good albums, but Inigo Kennedy makes killer tracks, and what chance is there of him getting out records on a regular basis anytime soon?

Anyway, my point is, not quite that this is war or anything (!) but that there's a big difference between the techno scene/market (as most of us refer to it as) and the minimal techno scene/market. Less hype with Hawtin would be no bad thing at all, with more Single of the months in magazines from Sugeon or whoever, rather than some Poker Flat two tracker :)

Less clubnights being too safe and fashionable wouldn't be a bad thing either. It comes back to what many people love about techno, and that is that it's primal. Is minimal techno or what the whole Minus crew is coming up with in any way off the edge? No, it's warm up/non peak time techno.

The Demon Beast

Disappointing what this thread has become.
    Indeed it is.
    Yoda Jedi Master.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    Go copy Jamie Lidell or something,
    haha innit

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    Some of it's been kinda pointless alright! Either way, I'll be interested to see what Hawtin comes up with for this.

M.O.D.

Indeed it is.
    Yoda Jedi Master.
    it's a sad day for yoda. disappointed he is...

Ultimate Freak

christ almighty brian, you sound like eddie fowlkes.

you speak from experience eh? were you IN detroit back then? i was. i started going out in detroit in 1987. from the music institute on, when on most nights i was one of a small handful of white kids there. so unless you lived there too, everything you are reciting as fact is actually hearsay. and that's not how it happened.

it wasn't "detroit techno" on those early records. it was "the new sound of detroit techno". and back then we WERE kids. rich spent all his time in detroit; it was five minutes from his house. there's 40 billion interviews out there where he's very clear where his influences came from. plus 8 was originally formed for the single purpose of creating a derrick may megamix.

maybe rich doesn't speak as freely about certain artists from back then b/c of all the ridiculous racist (yes, racist) crap he and john were given at the start. but it was only from a few. most of those guys are now all friends.

anyway.. you don't like what he does, that's clear. totally your perogative; that's cool. but a lot of what you're saying is just inflamatory. that does no one any good.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk
    Indeed it is.
    Yoda Jedi Master.
    it's a sad day for yoda. disappointed he is...

Yoda always was annoying, mumbling, green, wrinkly little scrotum.

Vader was class, until he wimped out and got all soppy over his son.

The pussy.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast