Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default hatwin live video

http://193.74.22.144/mine/10days/main_room022.wmv

media player format
    97.5mb
    enjoy

BOA Newbie

Default Thanks buddy

Thanks,

downing it noW!
    May the fleas of an Afghan Camel infest the ass of the one that messes with Black Out Audio, and may his arms grow too short to scratch!

BOA Lifetime Member

:o THANK YOU PLEASE. I THANK YOU A THOUSAND TIMES BY GIVING YOU MY ANCESTORS TEAPOT. YET AGAIN I THANK YOU KIND SIR PLEASE.
    GREYGROUND

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

that video made me fall asleep, listening to hawtin can seriously cure insomnia.
    lol the trance has gone

Ultimate Freak

lol
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Prince Of Warthogs

sorry but no!
    what a crappy video
    love your mum

BOA Newbie

That's his new sound/style... no comment :?:

Junior Freak

Thanks for the video.

I didn't much like it. I agree with the crappy video comment.
    If this is Richie Hawtin's new sound then I'll pass...I liked the pounding minimal sh-t. This stuff sounds too mellow and too house-y at times.

BOA Newbie

Yep, this is his new sound. I last 2 times i saw him playing, no pounding stuff anymore. I dunno what happened... to that bald man with glasses that made me almost kill myself dancing...
    he also looks like Sven Vath these days.. he dances too

He still does his thing quite good, still with FS on 2 laptops, but i's not my taste..too boring, slow and makes me wanna sleep (same music as on the video).

I think (i could be mistaken) that he permantenly changed style. He has lots of new fans. In Germany this minimal thing is hot.
    They love it. Does anybody knows more about this?

Ultimate Freak

i've always disliked Ritchie's music and the "god like" visions that everyone here in north america. makes me sick, whatever happened to good muusic and good talent??

my favorate memory of a richie hawtin party...

"wow his beats are so weird, he's ****ing me up, this is so good. what a master!" - raver

"no he's drunk, you jackass, and he's been trainwrecking trying to mix in that new track for the past 2 min." - me

go back to ibiza, you mind warper of the uneducated!

and don't get me started on how he tried to pawn off DE9 as a dj mix cd at HMV!!!!

Junior Freak

I headed over to the Global tent at GKGG to hear Hawtin. I've heard him once before at Pressure and I thought he was good.

At GKGG though, some dafty with hair and no glasses was playing a mince set when I was wanting things to pick up a bit. I thought they'd replaced Hawtin as it didn't look/sound like him, but I have been assured it was indeed him. Bit of a shame really.

Ultimate Freak

yoo you complain too much :P
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Prince Of Warthogs

well i remember seeing ritchie hawtin live on the spastik tour playing at megadog in brixtons academy and at glastonbury the same year and he ****in 'ad it large!!!!!!!!!!
    totally insane mindblowing stuff
    then there was the ambient nonsense...........
    then the dex fx 909 which was wicked
    then the de9 which was :arrow: P.L.O.D. CENTRAL!!!

then i saw him at base and he banged like a shit house door in the wind!
    and now this!
    let's hope he gets of this noodle train ride of his and gets back on the smash my face into a wall express

PDQ
    love your mum

Junior Freak

tis true, i've seen richie many, many times over the years. sometimes he fecking bangs it like no other, sometimes.......yeah, i don't really know what his deal is either.

i think we need more henry and chris here in new york ;)

Junior Freak

let's hope he gets of this noodle train ride of his and gets back on the smash my face into a wall express
    :lol: 8) :lol:

Junior Freak

Default !!!!!!!!!!

Henry's baby son could do a *MUCH* better set than Hawtin I think!!

8)

-jOHNNY

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer
    then there was the ambient nonsense...........
    what do you mean davey?
    mikaaa, you are crazy mika...pepito, mikito,pepito,pepito,pepito,culo,pepito.

Junior Freak

I think he's ****ing shit hot. The video is obvioulsy just a mash up between visuals and a few shots of him actually playing the decks. It is boring as **** though, tried to be too arty but didn't have enough variation to be exciting.

I think your wrong to assume he has changed sounds cause he has played this type of stuff for ages now , this could have just been a PART of his set. Sometimes he plays really hard and then drops into this kind of stuff for a wee while. He tends to do that if he is playing for longer than four hours , cause you can only bang it for so long without slight devaition or it's dull (IMO).

His sound is completely determined by who he is playing to.When he plays in Scotland there are folk hanging from the rafters cause he plays so hard and intense. He isn't the sort of person to play stuff that the folk don't want to listen to , so at that set that was probaly what they were up for hearing.If you watch the video he always looks around to see if the folk are digging it , so they obviously were or he wouldn't keep playing it.
    I can't understand folk who think Hawtin is shite. The man is a genius and has done more for the past and the future of the techno scene than anyone (just my opinion). As for Dex FX , it's a ****ing brilliant mix album , if not the best. Altough I didn't like the closer to the edit one , it still deserves credit for it's original concept.

I don't think you should worry , Hawtin hasn't changed his style , it depends on where he is. I do agree that he should avoid trying to look like Sven Vath though , as he clearly does these days. I guess he fancied a change as there are an abundance of Hawtin clones with skinheads and glasses.

Supreme Freak

check his sonar set there

http://sonar.emisiondigital.com/ingles/

its quite banging though i thnik its boring as hell ... i guess he plays different kind of stuff from place to place

BOA Newbie

I heard Richie Hawtin play again last night @ Mysteryland Festival (amsterdam) and he disappointed me again :( He started off real nice and hard, but later on he did things to easily....too many 'popular records and easy mixing... Not at all the Richie Hawtin i used to love so much.. But then again, I heard people say he was ill yesterday, so that might just as well have been the reason he didn't perform better..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast