Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    BOA Lifetime Member

it`s a dynamic process. i adjust EQ little by little `till i am finsihed with the song.
    non serviam

BOA Newbie

Well I'm pretty new to techno production, but this is useful in other types of edm so I imagine it will be useful here too...tune your kick drum to the rest of your bassline.
    You can get some dissonance if your kick drum and baseline are out of tune

Junior Freak

when u say loose the dynamics u mean loose the bass or the highs ...basically it sounds flat or doesnt thump...etc?...im tryin to fully understand what loosing dynamisc is...im thinking its loosing the nice crisp clean thumping music..and it turns falt n distorted..muddy etc/....

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by shpongled
    Well I'm pretty new to techno production, but this is useful in other types of edm so I imagine it will be useful here too...tune your kick drum to the rest of your bassline.
    You can get some dissonance if your kick drum and baseline are out of tune
    yep. actually this goes for perc like bongos and congas as well, sanres too, i think. yet this is sth. i think of but often leave aside....when the flow gets me, y'know. you can use analogx autotune (free)

http://www.analogx.com/

to tune to a key or antares autotune or
    gsnap (poor man's autotune :))

http://www.gvst.co.uk/gsnap.htm

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Elvio Neto
    me too! :)

i dont have friends in producion or djing

when i found this place is like i found god :)

thanks all amigos.
    Usually in many places around the world the people could see another dj/producers as "enemies", the competition is over there...
    People usually is not friendly in this electronic world...

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by tracatak
    when u say loose the dynamics u mean loose the bass or the highs ...basically it sounds flat or doesnt thump...etc?...im tryin to fully understand what loosing dynamisc is...im thinking its loosing the nice crisp clean thumping music..and it turns falt n distorted..muddy etc/....
    When you compress, limit or apply distortion to stuff it tends to make everything sound the same volume - loud. The term "dynamic" implies something which is changing, so when we talk about compression squeezing all the dynamics out of a tune what we mean is that the volumes don't seem to change much after we've compressed it.

This has a detrimental effect musically. Imagine a symphony orchestra playing only forte.. It'd be really boring. To make things more dramatic you have strings building and building in volume, and then maybe some percussion and brass slamming in at the start of a new movement. Compression reduces this effect.

Sorry, I'm getting carrried away. I've been listening to allot of Shostachovich lately though - DRAMATIC SHIT!

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by danielmarshall
    My main quam with outboard anything is that I can't have a project file to save the settings. Like the idea (and sound) of allot of gear, but sometimes it's hard to replicate that sound you had a couple of days ago even with all the knob numbers written down. Not only that, but I feel that I loose my ideas very quickly (don't do drugs kids), so if I can't have things up and running in minutes I'm lost. That, and with digital technology being at the point is is, and only getting better I'll take the hit in sound quality for the usabilty/ flexibility tradeoff anyday. Mind you, some valve compressors/ distortion units still make me wet...
    My bad, I just found out what a sysex dump/ load is :blush:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234