Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    M.O.D.

ok steve...so here;s a question...how do you suggest for others to produce for vinyl, keeping in mind it will be mastered for vinyl LATER and by SOMEONE ELSE? or rather, what do you suggest they NOT do?
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Parsnip

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk
    ok steve...so here;s a question...how do you suggest for others to produce for vinyl, keeping in mind it will be mastered for vinyl LATER and by SOMEONE ELSE? or rather, what do you suggest they NOT do?
    Avoid stereo basslines... and use that Basslane thing in the free VST thread on anything that's particularly bassy.

M.O.D.

let's talk compression then. before mastering...avoid compression?
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Mod

you mean multiband compression i expect gustav?

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyedgy
    you mean multiband compression i expect gustav?
    yeah, i'm making two versions of all my tracks at the moment...1 tailormade for pre-master, one sort of quasi-mastered for demos.

chris you get my PM?

M.O.D.

want to know better what to avoid for pre-master versions

BOA Lifetime Member

I`m typing up the next series of production tips, and there`ll be a big section on Vinyl production.
    This is meant to be a list of stuff for people, not really an area for discussion as such.
    It`s a kinda if it helps then good situation.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

excellent thread
    i agree totally. nice one db

Junior Freak

Typing londontechno.co.uk doesn't seem to return anything useful :( Is the site still up? What's the go? I want more handy hints... it's my birthday and I only got 2 pressies today. Goddammit!!!

Seriously though, thanks for the quality posts so far. Much seems to be completely common sence (like many good ideas). I really liked the one on developing grooves in isolation from your kick and bass. Makes allot of sence when you think of your kick and hats as the generic medium in techno for carrying your other percussive elements and melody. Grooves and the melodies would be the unique parts of your track, and thus the elements you'd want to concentrate your creative energy on - which would only be obfuscated by other percussion.

BOA Lifetime Member

londontechno.co.uk is still running fine, although my tutorial is not online yet, as I have no broadband till september
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Ultimate Freak

Your ISP should be shot.
    1-2 month install back-queue is just wrong

:hammered:

BOA Lifetime Member

It`s a whole new package with a new phone company, and the service doesn`t activate till the next bill, so, 1 month.
    Plus everyone in the country is jumping onto the talk talk broadband and phone package so there is delay.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Junior Freak

after typing "londontechno.co.uk" into the address bar I get:

www.londontechno.co.uk
    Domain hosted free by: Freeola.com

ERROR 404, The Page Cannot Be Found...

Possibly due to an incorrect or outdated link (especially if arriving from a search engine).

If you are the owner you can find more help at the Freeola Support Centre. or by speaking to a member of our technical support team on: 0871 210 9977

:(

EDIT: Now it works... WIERD!

BOA Newbie

Always meant to say thanks for this thread - but never did.

So here ya go!

Got lots of sense & tangents from it. Cheers Steve

BOA Lifetime Member

You are very welcome mate (This is me, he who used to be Dirty Bass).

I have very little time to do these tutorials any more, as I am flat out with my Mastering business, the Label (Singularity Recordings) Gigging, making music and Teaching.

I do offer 1 to 1 tutoring in my studio now, generally a day in the studio with me will shoot your forwards a year or 2 in terms of knowledge. A few people from this forum have been in for lessons and generally have gone on to vast improvement

I am going to, at some point, be offering online live video feedback/followup/top up lessons for people who have been in the studio as well.

Anyone interested can contact me (Steve) at the following email voidlossATgooglemail.com or find me on Facebook as Steve Voidloss
    I am not here but my ghost still lingers

Supreme Freak

Nice one cheers steve i read this and found it really usefull so i would be interested to see more.

Junior Freak

[QUOTE=The_Laughing_Man;756096]You are very welcome mate (This is me, he who used to be Dirty Bass).

I am going to, at some point, be offering online live video feedback/followup/top up lessons for people who have been in the studio as well.

Awesome, but could you not offer a solely online service for people not able to make it to your studio? or would that just become a full time job, might be answering my own question :)

BOA Newbie

Well if I was in the UK - I'd definitely be paying you a visit mate. I dont doubt how good it would be.

Delighted that you got the message anyway - a good deed always needs recognition.

Best of luck for the future man! Glad all's going well for ya!

Cheers,

J

Quote Originally Posted by The_Laughing_Man View Post
    You are very welcome mate (This is me, he who used to be Dirty Bass).

I have very little time to do these tutorials any more, as I am flat out with my Mastering business, the Label (Singularity Recordings) Gigging, making music and Teaching.

I do offer 1 to 1 tutoring in my studio now, generally a day in the studio with me will shoot your forwards a year or 2 in terms of knowledge. A few people from this forum have been in for lessons and generally have gone on to vast improvement

Anyone interested can contact me (Steve) at the following email voidlossATgooglemail.com or find me on Facebook as Steve Voidloss

Junior Freak

Some nice ideas in this thread! cheers

BOA Newbie

Agreed - great stuff!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12